• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 what AP are you wearing today?

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
KcpJ82.jpeg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have not seen a rep with the rainfall brushing. How you get yours ?

It existed in the gen for the last batch of production and relatively rare.
His actually has the straight long brushing on the bezel. The rainfall brushing is the short and more busy looking one, looking like raindrops and hence the name. The rainfall brushing also exists not just in the last production batch but also randomly across all ceramic bezel batches. You’re right that it’s relatively rare though, maybe one in 8-10.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
His actually has the straight long brushing on the bezel. The rainfall brushing is the short and more busy looking one, looking like raindrops and hence the name. The rainfall brushing also exists not just in the last production batch but also randomly across all ceramic bezel batches. You’re right that it’s relatively rare though, maybe one in 8-10.
Totally correct as far as I’m aware. I personally never have been the biggest fan of the rainfall brushing of both the gens and reps attempts regardless of its rarity. I think most of the ones I’ve seen were H serials along with some others scattered throughout but @legend please correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: Tompa

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Beautiful!! You should consider to install a 2XAR cyclops, the change is dramatic… mine says hello:

KcgewW.jpeg
LOVE IT! Which strap is that if you dont mind me asking? Its a lighter shade of orange than mine and seems to match the bezel better!

The 2xAR cyclops looks great! Mine has a Domi 2xAR crystal but not the cyclops... Thats really my one criticism of the Divers so far.. the date is difficult to read behind the non-AR glass.
Are the cyclops on gen 2xAR'ed?

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
LOVE IT! Which strap is that if you dont mind me asking? Its a lighter shade of orange than mine and seems to match the bezel better!

The 2xAR cyclops looks great! Mine has a Domi 2xAR crystal but not the cyclops... Thats really my one criticism of the Divers so far.. the date is difficult to read behind the non-AR glass.
Are the cyclops on gen 2xAR'ed?
The strap is a JF XS; it is not sold anymore, but you can do a research in Aliexpress as I stated in a previous post; the key is “fluorine”, strap having this raw material are really good.
I don’t really care about gen spec for crystals; I like a lot 2XAR in crystals: easy to read and watches look amazing… but I imagine that gen crystals in real life tend to be close to 2XAR

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
The strap is a JF XS; it is not sold anymore, but you can do a research in Aliexpress as I stated in a previous post; the key is “fluorine”, strap having this raw material are really good.
I don’t really care about gen spec for crystals; I like a lot 2XAR in crystals: easy to read and watches look amazing… but I imagine that gen crystals in real life tend to be close to 2XAR
Ah apologies. I didn't even make the connection you were the same person w/ the red strap that I asked previously. I'm just trying to gather all the different resources for good aftermarket AP rubber straps.
I did as you suggested yesterday and already have a few straps incoming from AliE 😅