• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Ok guys,

imho I think the PPF V4 dial is just awesome .
and mine should arrive this week.
but what about the DWO.
since the keylog DWO aren’t currently available.
How’s the quality about the V4 DWO is it acceptable,or even close to gen?

very curious to know the opinions about this.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Ok guys,

imho I think the PPF V4 dial is just awesome .
and mine should arrive this week.
but what about the DWO.
since the keylog DWO aren’t currently available.
How’s the quality about the V4 DWO is it acceptable,or even close to gen?

very curious to know the opinions about this.

DW is fine. The font size is correct. And gen have both "normal" and slightly skinnier versions. (Have a look on chrono24)

Reactions: masterpiece777

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
FYI for those who haven't seen the rep (and/or the gen :) in person:

In my experience none of the photos or videos is able to show the real color of the dial. It must be seen by naked eyes in person in different lighting conditions.

Reactions: sysfail and Giellea

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
You are absolutely right!
This happens with almost all blue dials, because the cameras distort the original color.

Reactions: Morofra

DucatiWiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
The problem is that the shade of colour on the gen has changed over the years, so it depends on which gen you're comparing to. The latest PPF v4 is an extremely good match to the latest gen. Of course, the yellow in warm sunlight and warm lighting make the dial look slightly green (yellow and blue = green) but white LED lights make it look more blue. I can promise you that on the wrist all such details become irrelevant, it's a striking, classy and elegant sports watch. This is my first rep and it's so beautiful to look at, the fact that it's rep bothers me a LOT less than I thought it would. For the past month, I've worn it more than any of my gens (Grand Seiko, Rolex, Breitling), after a little regulation tinkering it keeps perfect time and is a real joy to own.

Last edited:

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
DW is fine. The font size is correct. And gen have both "normal" and slightly skinnier versions. (Have a look on chrono24)

Yes I also had that idea,
So what I have learn from all the pictures and information to come as close a we can get without going the Franken route is::
ppf V4

MODS:
1. Reces the crown
2.bevel the bezel to gen spec.
3.polish the case and bracelet to gen spec.
4. Bevelling the hourmarkers and and hands,replate them,and the let the hourmarkers placed just a fraction more apart from each other.

this is what a have planned to do minimal and directly when I received the watch.

what about to reshape the lugs on a PPF v4?
And would someone recommend something else what I have missed?

I am very curious about the movement,I heard it’s very noisy and people are doing some kind of mod to silence it,but as far as I understand this mod means just oil the rotor assembly.
and also is there any need to do anything else on the movement?
and also very curious about the reliability of this movement in general?

and does it make sense to let the xtal get AR coated so that the dial pops even more?

Last edited:

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
Yes I also had that idea,
So what I have learn from all the pictures and information to come as close a we can get without going the Franken route is::
ppf V4

MODS:
1. Reces the crown
2.bevel the bezel to gen spec.
3.polish the case and bracelet to gen spec.
4. Bevelling the hourmarkers and and hands,replate them,and the let the hourmarkers placed just a fraction more apart from each other.

this is what a have planned to do minimal and directly when I received the watch.

what about to reshape the lugs on a PPF v4?
And would someone recommend something else what I have missed?

I am very curious about the movement,I heard it’s very noisy and people are doing some kind of mod to silence it,but as far as I understand this mod means just oil the rotor assembly.
and also is there any need to do anything else on the movement?
and also very curious about the reliability of this movement in general?

and does it make sense to let the xtal get AR coated so that the dial pops even more?

Hi

The point 4 " 4. Bevelling the hourmarkers and and hands,replate them,and the let the hourmarkers placed just a fraction more apart from each other". it's absolutely a job for nothing .

and what is this?!

"and does it make sense to let the xtal get AR coated so that the dial pops even more?"

what is?

about the crown , how fiscally should be possible to do? file at the base to shorten it? and then the fillet will screw everything up again? we are talking to file 0,8mm right?

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
Please there's any very good modder in Europe? Someone that made mod on PPF ? (cut reshape crown ,make right bevels , resize bezel , silencing rotor and obviously a regulation of movement )

Thanks

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
do you think it is wiser to take white rather than blue? to have more certainty in the color of the dial ...

Venniz

26/7/20
do you think it is wiser to take white rather than blue? to have more certainty in the color of the dial ...

3KF V2 is out. And the crown guard look perfect compared to ppf v4. And yeah white dial look more like gen then blue dial.

Reactions: popi2020

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
3KF V2 is out. And the crown guard look perfect compared to ppf v4. And yeah white dial look more like gen then blue dial.

Yes but you're getting a fat 1st link on each side of the case. For me that's much more obvious than a protruding crown

Reactions: 2841 and SuperLory

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Please can you show me for understand ? What do you mean with "fat 1st link " ? thanks

The first bracelet link (that connects to the watch case) in the is larger than it is on the genuine. It’s noticeably bigger than the rest of the links and even in comparison to the other first links on other replicas. As previous poster mentioned check out this thread they highlight it with a picture

thread link: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/9502300-wy-3k-patek-philippe-nautilus-324sc

Reactions: leo6929

Morofra

26/9/20
Italy
The first bracelet link (that connects to the watch case) in the is larger than it is on the genuine. It’s noticeably bigger than the rest of the links and even in comparison to the other first links on other replicas. As previous poster mentioned check out this thread they highlight it with a picture

thread link: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/9502300-wy-3k-patek-philippe-nautilus-324sc

Thank you so much for your explanation ! Understand