• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Morofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/20
Italy
Hey guys, it's hard to tell with all the various photos in various lighting conditions. How's the PPF V4 blue dial in real life? Seems like a blend of blue + grey though is there more blue color or more grey color? Also, is it a light blue, solid blue, or dark blue (navy) majority of the time? Is there any touch of green and/or purple color mixed in? Or is it just strictly a blend of blue + grey?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Ehm... Depend from the light ! At sun it's that perfect mix of blue and grey with a little point of green that make that special mix of Nautilius. A part under the sun really it change if there is led, if led clear or warm, if there is neon or halogen , it change 1000 time and at phone when you take a photo ... don't result never how you are seeing!)) Anyway for my point of view never purple and never real navy blue. I call that blu " jeans" .
In this long thread you can see how many different shades this PPF V4 result . it's same by real .

Last edited:
Reactions: sysfail

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Hey guys, it's hard to tell with all the various photos in various lighting conditions. How's the PPF V4 blue dial in real life? Seems like a blend of blue + grey though is there more blue color or more grey color? Also, is it a light blue, solid blue, or dark blue (navy) majority of the time? Is there any touch of green and/or purple color mixed in? Or is it just strictly a blend of blue + grey?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

I'm not seeing any purple. That was what was holding me back from the previous versions. This dial is really well made :)

Reactions: leo6929 and sysfail

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Ehm... Depend from the light ! At sun it's that perfect mix of blue and grey with a little point of green that make that special mix of Nautilius. A part under the sun really it change if there is led, if led clear or warm, if there is neon or halogen , it change 1000 time and at phone when you take a photo ... don't result never how you are seeing!)) Anyway for my point of view never purple and never real navy blue. I call that blu " jeans" .
In this long thread you can see how many different shades this PPF V4 result . it's same by real .

Awesome, thanks for the response! Glad to hear there is a touch of green in there as well. I personally don't like just plain blue colors, but really like the mix of blue + green (teal/turquoise) type colors and I do like grey as well. So the blend of blue + grey + a little green sounds like a very nice dial color.

I'm not seeing any purple. That was what was holding me back from the previous versions. This dial is really well made :)

That's good to know, purple would probably make the dial too dark. I think I would prefer the lighter shade with a blend of blue + grey + green.

I may have to reach out to my TD soon to get one of these! :rolleyes:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i'll be honest i'd love a tiny bit more blue in the dial - I also admit in real life it's better than this

20201201_16183769c7e7738306d36f.jpg

20201201_1618448c728e0407848aec.jpg

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
i'll be honest i'd love a tiny bit more blue in the dial - I also admit in real life it's better than this

20201201_16183769c7e7738306d36f.jpg

20201201_1618448c728e0407848aec.jpg

Judging from those photos. I'd prefer a touch more green, that's just me though, no clue if that matches the gen or not.

Reactions: Morofra

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Gen PP 5711 doesn’t have any hue of green. It varies from deep blue to purple depending on the lighting ambience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Gen PP 5711 doesn’t have any hue of green. It varies from deep blue to purple depending on the lighting ambience

fake-or-genuine-Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-1-1.jpg

I came across this photo where the left one is supposed to be a gen and the right is a rep.

If that's the case, it really does seem like the gen has a hint of green in it while the rep has no green at all.

So does the PPF V4 dial have any hint of green at all? Or just strictly blue + grey?

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
fake-or-genuine-Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-1-1.jpg

I came across this photo where the left one is supposed to be a gen and the right is a rep.

If that's the case, it really does seem like the gen has a hint of green in it while the rep has no green at all.

So does the PPF V4 dial have any hint of green at all? Or just strictly blue + grey?

Lovely picture of comparison nonetheless it is due to lighting ambience.
I held a gen in my hand n there is no greenish hue at all.
If I may, the blue is “kinda” similar to AP 15202 which beautifully manifest blue variants when it was tilted in your hand

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Lovely picture of comparison nonetheless it is due to lighting ambience.
I held a gen in my hand n there is no greenish hue at all.
If I may, the blue is “kinda” similar to AP 15202 which beautifully manifest blue variants when it was tilted in your hand

I see. I did read even the gen dials have variances depending on the year they were produced. I am guessing the more current production of the 5711 does not have the touch of green at all.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, personally, I do like the touch of green mixed in with the blue + grey. It makes it really unique and a color I really like.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
I can’t deny it is more beautiful with that hue of green hehehehe

Reactions: sysfail

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Oh so there is some hint of green then? Keep getting mixed responses whether there is green or not.

Yeah I'm sure it's hard to capture the real dial colors on camera versus seeing it in real life.

Whether it has a green hue or not, I think the dial is nice enough on this version to pick one up and give it a try.

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Don't worry about the green, you will see it with your own eyes. Enjoy the watch because it is really beautiful.

Thanks, if I can't find one through M2M this week, I'll reach out to my TD to pick one up. :)