• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UK customs who's waiting right now?

daytona-master-eta

Supporter
Certified
31/3/14
UK
Anyone shipping with any couriers of any kind(EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX ETC) is open right now to getting the watches or other stuff stopped,Didn't anyone see the new customs directive that they will seize any counterfiet items from you,Where as before if it was for personal use they would let you keep it(Thats if you got stopped personally at the airport yourself).
Hong Kong and China are also getting a lot more strict,Even if you get the watches shipped from HK(China directly has a much higher chance of getting stopped)They can get inspected and seized in HK even before they reach the EU.
I think you will find the EMS/Parcel Force service is getting a lot lot worse for stuff getting stopped and it will be hit and miss and a bit of luck getting your deliveries.
EMS/Parcel force has UK customs working directly with them and they tend to stop a lot of parcels for inspection.
Everything gets x-ray'ed,So not that hard to spot a watch in a parcel specially if they are looking for them and other fake items.
I would personally never use any HK Speed post/EMS service if I was shipping something iffy to the UK.

F4MES

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/14
Anyone shipping with any couriers of any kind(EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX ETC) is open right now to getting the watches or other stuff stopped,Didn't anyone see the new customs directive that they will seize any counterfiet items from you,Where as before if it was for personal use they would let you keep it(Thats if you got stopped personally at the airport yourself).
Hong Kong and China are also getting a lot more strict,Even if you get the watches shipped from HK(China directly has a much higher chance of getting stopped)They can get inspected and seized in HK even before they reach the EU.
I think you will find the EMS/Parcel Force service is getting a lot lot worse for stuff getting stopped and it will be hit and miss and a bit of luck getting your deliveries.
EMS/Parcel force has UK customs working directly with them and they tend to stop a lot of parcels for inspection.
Everything gets x-ray'ed,So not that hard to spot a watch in a parcel specially if they are looking for them and other fake items.
I would personally never use any HK Speed post/EMS service if I was shipping something iffy to the UK.

What do you base that knowledge on?

bpdd

Renowned Member
30/11/12
Okay ordered the AP FC 44mm 4 days ago .... sent from Singapore and arrived today in UK ... so no problems here.

glynbamba

Horology Curious
26/10/13
my order was confiscated last week and will be detstroyed tomorrow.It was sent via ems/parcelforce.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
my order was confiscated last week and will be detstroyed tomorrow.It was sent via ems/parcelforce.

That sucks mate and really sorry to hear it, what did you order and from whom? Would be interesting to compile a list from those who have had watches confiscated as to who the TD was and how many watches were in the order, just to see if a particular dealer is being targeted, or whether there is a crucial number of watches in a pack that seem to attract more attention. Please post any info you have and let's see if we can manage the risk better for all of us.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Mine was released from customs late yesterday afternoon having been "Awaiting customs clearance" for 7 days and is already loaded and out for delivery today, hopefully both will arrive. So whilst it is nerve racking when things are held in customs for long periods, it doesn't mean you're going to lose it. As is often said patience is part of the hobby and hope this helps if you are in the same situation. Also worth saying make sure you use a TD with a clear policy on replacement if seized, most of the TDs are good on this but worth checking.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I had one arrive via EMS from Guangzhou the other day with no issues.

Is it me or do we always seem to have a "crackdown" in March or April where a few people lose things, and then it is business as normal for the rest of the year?

Maybe post CYN is a hightened period for UK inspections? Who knows...

martinov17

9/2/12
That's not good news. I didn't know this can be problem until I discovered this threed. :(
I'll wait with my order to see how things are going, mine would be triangular shipping.

One of the TD offered me triangular via Sapin !
Anyone herd abut this possibility, or had experience ?

Thanks.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Do any of you guys know if a United States postal service package to the UK will be subject to these same concerns/problems?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

roy8846

10/1/14
Do any of you guys know if a United States postal service package to the UK will be subject to these same concerns/problems?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Well it still has to go through customs, though they probably dont look so hard.

Does anyone think marking as gift works? I have never been stung with anything when done that way.

(Trainers, Jeans, Sunglasses etc)

My watch has been sat at Heathrow for 2 days now, I dont think customs even have it yet! (Hongkong Post)

roy8846

10/1/14
WOW , My watch is here :D !!

Sent via Hongkong Post, arrived in UK on the 9th and delivered today.

It was sent wrapped in foil then bubble wrap then box. Marked as $18 and a gift. TD wrote it was a "metal bracelet"

Tracking says its at Heathrow but doesnt mention customs :D

nick1985

Known Member
26/3/13
Well mine has been "awaiting customs clearance" 3 weeks today. still no update.

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Good news Roy, pleased for you. My package actually had "Watch (for gift)" on the front in description of goods, so its luck of the draw, but given the number of watches ordered and the reports on here, there aren't that many that get pulled.

Sent via Hongkong Post, arrived in UK on the 9th and delivered today.

It was sent wrapped in foil then bubble wrap then box. Marked as $18 and a gift. TD wrote it was a "metal bracelet"

Tracking says its at Heathrow but doesnt mention customs :D[/QUOTE]

roy8846

10/1/14
My dhl left TD today so won't have to wait long to find out with that one

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

LuckyH

31/10/12
Mine just landed in Chicago IL yesterday. Spent less than 24hrs with UK customs.

F4MES

18/2/14
its just insane.. on friday mine has been sitting in customs for 1 month!!!!

roy8846

10/1/14
My dhl left TD today so won't have to wait long to find out with that one

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Monday, April 14, 2014LocationTimePieces
5Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK02:40
1 Pieces

Sunday, April 13, 2014LocationTimePieces
4Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG04:34
1 Pieces

3Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG04:33
1 Pieces