• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UK customs who's waiting right now?

Gavinelli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/14
That's great. Mine was also a PAM that was taken, but I was unlucky, I've had 10+ watches since then using other services :)

Im right in thinking you are uk resident not buying from europe but shipping through uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
I'm in Uk but my PAM that as taken came from a TD in china. I've had a few from USA without an issue though.

Gavinelli

24/4/14
Yeah me too, i like to here of other rep enthusiast from blighty. This is from sora

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
I've been a rep maniac since school! I was the only guy in my class with a rep Tag in the nineties lol, I still have all my reps I've ever bought, apart from a few I've sold.

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Since this thread started, I've had a few through (EMS, HK Post, China Post, USPS) individually with no problems. I have recently requested HK post as it tends to be cheaper and no slower than EMS. YMMV

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
HK post and china post seem to be fine. But EMS may have calmed down now, but I'm not risking it again. There's plenty of other ways to get watches to us maniacs! :)

Gavinelli

24/4/14
I have been into watches since my teens but its only the last couple of years ive been really interested in what makes them tick, pardon the pun. Had an omega chronograph as my first and only for a long time an sold it to a guy i work with just recent for £50 ( in fine working order but only quartz i might add) he was made up, and i raised some funds

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
I actually have a gen Tag Link Chrono from 1995, so almost 20 years old and in perfect condition. Was a gift from my parents after seeing how much I loved my tag reps. The last 4-5 years I've stepped up my rep purchases, mostly after discovering TDs - previously I bought reps on my travels to Asia etc, but TD sourced noobs etc are way better quality than the street seller reps I bought previously,

spiritdreams

18/5/14
This doesn't look good :( I've recieved a letter from Coventry International Hub, at this point should I consider the watch gone? or is there still a chance the copyright holder may not respond and the watch make it to me after a delay?

Dear Sir / Madam

The UK border Agency have detained your parcel containing "Tag Heuer" products because we believe that they are counterfeit, pirated or patent infringing goods.

We have contacted the owner of the relevant Trade Mark, Copyright or Right Holder and asked them to determine whether this is the case.

The Right Holder or the owner of the Trade Mark / Copyright will write to you explaining the outcome of their investigations and any subsequent actions you need to take. We will usually be able to make any decision within four weeks. However the owner of the relevant Trade Mark, Copyright or Right Holder may request more time to examine the goods further.

Gavinelli

24/4/14
Wow, so where abouts are you upto on your tracking status page?

spiritdreams

18/5/14
Parcel force tracking:

DateTimeLocationTracking Event
17-06-201417:15International HubAwaiting Customs clearance
17-06-201417:14International HubReceived in destination country
15-06-201423:57Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTTForwarded for export
14-06-201419:29Delivery Agent - CHINACollected from customer

EMS tracking from China:

TimingSiteStatus
2014-06-14 19:29:00GUANGZHOU Posting
2014-06-14 20:34:00City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center
2014-06-15 04:03:00GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
2014-06-15 23:57:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
2014-06-17 17:14:00UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PARCELFORCE Arrival at Sorting Center
2014-06-17 17:15:00UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PARCELFORCE Handed over to Customs

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
There is a slim chance if the copyright holder doesn't inspect it and the others they have found within a given time they could release it. But in my experience, took 6 weeks to be informed that my PAM was taken and basically they didn't actually follow the correct procedure as outlined in the customs rules, so there's always a possibility to fight back but then, you're arguing over goods which are counterfeit so it's not an argument you can expect to win, even if you claim you thought you were buying the real thing. They want details of sites, price, contact at site etc. Of course in my case I just didn't respond to their questions since I didn't want to expose the TD. Luckily my TD offered to resend the watch by another carrier and it came safely.... But they sent me the complete wrong model. Ended up keeping it anyway!

Gavinelli

24/4/14
yrajety5.jpg

Hope it arrives before work

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Is EMS still iffy? Just had my tracking from puretime and noticed the dreaded prefix and suffix - EMS and China!!

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Is EMS still iffy? Just had my tracking from puretime and noticed the dreaded prefix and suffix - EMS and China!!

It's a gamble. They are still actively looking for reps, but I believe March-May is the main danger period.

It's a combination of staff on the day, if they are bothered to open a parcel and deal with the paperwork or just send loads through and make their job easier!

Puretime will make things right if it's siezed, just keep an eye out for that "Forwarded for UK processing message" and it's EPIC WIN!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It's a gamble. They are still actively looking for reps, but I believe March-May is the main danger period.

It's a combination of staff on the day, if they are bothered to open a parcel and deal with the paperwork or just send loads through and make their job easier!

Puretime will make things right if it's siezed, just keep an eye out for that "Forwarded for UK processing message" and it's EPIC WIN!

EPIC WIN then haha...two days since Angus shipped it, pretty impressive! National hub so lets hope it's on my wrist ready for the weekend!