• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

(UDATED!) IWC Top Gun V1,V2 and the GEN (By Toro Bravo and Takashi)

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
@matseponken - I'd like to see one repped, too. I understand that there's a pam 214h rep, still A7750, but it comes with TWO second hand needles that move together, and a faux pusher. They should be able to do the same for the TG, if they wanted to, I guess.

mononcle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/11
I just got two V1's from silix. I went V1 mostly because of the better crown. The subdials have the concentric rings though. I must say it's a nice Rep, but the movement really seems to be a bit sensitive, i think i'll have it serviced, or replaced by a swiss one.

Not sure but most dealers told me, v1 is not made anymore or tried to sell me the more expensive v2, so it might be difficult getting a v1 these days...?

I'd love to see a nice rep of the doppel chrono as well! Having worn the Big Pilot for some months, the topgun just feels too small... (but thats another topic i guess)

Berserker26

Horology Curious
2/9/10
Does anyone know if the ceramic case of this watch will easily scratch? or will there be any chip of coating or whatsoever or its just one piece of robust material that wouldnt scratch (but breaks when dropped)?

It does, I had one and on the 2nd day clipped a revolving door, left a mark right across the casing that practically glows silver.

I just got two V1's from silix. I went V1 mostly because of the better crown. The subdials have the concentric rings though. I must say it's a nice Rep, but the movement really seems to be a bit sensitive, i think i'll have it serviced, or replaced by a swiss one.

Not sure but most dealers told me, v1 is not made anymore or tried to sell me the more expensive v2, so it might be difficult getting a v1 these days...?

I'd love to see a nice rep of the doppel chrono as well! Having worn the Big Pilot for some months, the topgun just feels too small... (but thats another topic i guess)

Let me know how you go - i bought 1 from him and returned twice to get fixed, i've currently asked for a refund...cost me $20 and about a month turnaround each time i sent it.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I think this will be my next rep as I really like the look of it.

bobbyla

7/1/11
It does, I had one and on the 2nd day clipped a revolving door, left a mark right across the casing that practically glows silver.

If this is so, i am interested if the case is solid ceramic? I was of the understanding it is very hard to scratch and should show no silver if scratched.

Could it just be a coating?

mraqua27

Horology Curious
11/1/09
Are you guys familier with the IWC Top Gun that is for sale on ptsswisswatch?

http://ptswisswatch.com/iwc/iwc-top-gun-pilots-chrono/product_info.php/cPath/38/products_id/91

The price is about 390 dollars and so that's a bit higher then the v1 I found on one of the trusted dealer sites. (That's including sending though)

I'm about to get really familiar with that one :D
Ordered it last night. It has an A.7750 Valjoux 28.800bhp movement in it, which i believe is a PT-exclusive??

Subb

Known Member
14/2/11
I'm about to get really familiar with that one :D
Ordered it last night. It has an A.7750 Valjoux 28.800bhp movement in it, which i believe is a PT-exclusive??

I don't know but mine should be here sooner then yours :p. Hope it gets here this week :) and that's not to far away ;)

To bad that I'm going on vacation friday so I might just miss it arriving:( so no see for a week and need someone to get it when it arrives

D

d4m.test

This is the thread that made me buy my Top Gun (v2 btw from QinetiQ) - and I've gotta say, now it's arrived, its one of the sweetest watches I've ever had

randychuah

Known Member
14/12/10
now im out lookin for a strap for it. my great lil puppy chewed the strap up! fml..

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Photobucket has taken down some of the pics on the main page? Maybe someone could upload it again, for ppl like me who occasionally come back to this thread for reference? Thanks!

ntaylor

Known Member
8/1/11
it's so frustrating to choose between V1 and V2. damn. josh only has V2 left in stock. and i'm getting a PAM026K as well from him. i seriously considering whether to part with my £££ for 2 beauties.

mononcle

9/1/11
I think V1 and V2 are both very nice reps.
I got the V1 some earlier this year (the updated version so it seems as it has rings in the subdials).
Mostly because of the crown, i think it looks weird on the V2. And it is really a very very nice watch, i only wish it was a bit bigger :lolcina:

As stated in this thread:
* In general V1 is the better
* On the V2 the crown it is not good either, and what´s more...it´s bigger, so the winner is V1
* The text on dial it´s much more better on the V1 and each rep has individual serial nº
* Top Gun engravements on the sides are both wrong :S
* The airplain also it´s wrong on both
* The datewheel I think it´s ok on both

Personally i'd choose V1, it's a great watch, also its cheaper. Most of the dealers told me it's not made anymore or tried to sell me the V2, some even told me it was "a superior watch". Not sure if the V1 is hard to get nowadays or if they just tried to sell me the more expensive watch... :) finally i got mine from silix, who is a very nice guy to deal with.

themeis

3/1/10
I just got mine from - peter - watchstation - for me he's the best on quality and price - and importantly after service - look him up - I love my top gun - stunning watch - I went for a v2 - after a lot of research I was hearing the movement is more reliable than the v2

Good luck

starrynight12345

19/8/09
Hello boys,

I have both the v1 and v2. The v2 weighs 105g vs v1 at 100g. The v2 numbers are thinner and the watch feels more substantial around your wrist.

The inaccuracy of the titanium crown IMHO does not matter. It just works well with the watch.

jonnyknox

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/11/10
Short Info:

V2 now also has individual serial numbers.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
i got a v2 with taka crystal, very happy with it, although the v1 dial is a little better to most, i preferred the etching on the case of the v2 and thats what people like to see when i show it to them.

Reactions: Jaa305