• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's Wrong With Me??

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
For about a week now, I've been wearing my Seiko Quartz Chrono and I'm actually falling in love with it :shock:

I don't have to worry about accuracy. Last time I compared to the atomic clock, it's still dead on to the second. Alarm function is also a plus. No worries on the stopwatch either. I could reset it past 12 o'clock with no concern for deviation. Works smooth. Am I alright?? This doesn't seem normal. Somebody hit me with a brick please!

dsc02021ou3.jpg

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
I have had several Seikos, and I have loved all of them.

In fact, the very fist nice thing I purchased for myself when I joined the workforce was a Kinetic from the mid 90's. It is the only one I still have. I will never sell it.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Great watch worth every dime, enjoy it friend, nice blue. 8)

pineypl

25/6/07
Seiko makes a great watch, wear it in good health and enjoy it.

Sure you are weird, so are the rest of us here. :-D

You'll be wearing something else in a few more days, no worries everything is okay.

Gill777

Give me 47mm and sandwich dials all day
14/8/07
USA
Dont be to judgemental of yourself..........Relapse can be a healthy part of recovery! So you fell off the wagon. Big deal. It can happen to anyone of us! Just get back on the horse buckeroo and everything will be ok. You will have a rep back on your wrist before you know it, and this relapse will seem just like a dream. :lol: :lol:

D

d4m.test

mechanical watches are still more fun though.

-bk

nojoke

Known Member
7/7/07
you're not alone friend, I have many a seiko models sitting in my collection...I just got into collecting the vintage models...check them out on ebay...looking to grab a rare hi-beat version ticking at 36600bph!!! :shock:

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
There is certainly nothing wrong with you. I don't know how anyone who is in to watches can not be impressed with what an incredible workhorse Seikos are. They look great. They are accurate. I have found you can horribly mistreat them with little ill effect. i love my Seikos...and Citizens...and Invictas.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
You bet there is nothing wrong with it.

For a while I had my eyes on a humongo Zilla and I finally pulled the trigger.

For almost 12 years, when I started looking at Swiss made watches, I had a real negative attitude toward the cheaper Japanese brands like Seiko and Citizen and now........

look at me now, sporting this monster.

And only because I grew up and figured out that some good solid watches can be had for a few hundred dollars and it will put up a good fight with some of the Swiss makers out there.

This Citizen BJ8050-59E 300m Divers is one beast of a watch and worth the $390 Canadian I paid at the AD

Citizen20EcoDrive.jpg

Citizen20Eco-Drive20Professional203.jpg

lumpyone

7/1/07
haha it was a seiko flightmaster that i paid too much for that started this whole hobby for me. while looking at lower prices online i came across some of the more notorious scam sites. the rest as they say........ was history.
i still love my flightmaster though. gets lots of compliments and when i really need to know what time it is...thats the one i check.

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
thehorse said:
Is that AR or just the color of the dial?

It's the dial.

fakemaster said:
Looks like a way to have a breitling withiout the bullshit automatic.

Yeah I've lately been thinkin' about the Emergency for that reason, for now I only have the Chronomat Evo. Bullshit automatic?? For that caliber, the bullshit is perfected. [smilie=laughing9.gif]

bklm1234 said:
mechanical watches are still more fun though.

-bk

My point exactly. Mechanical watches have a soul in them. Quartz don't have one, but they have the magic which the mechanicals don't. When I wear this one, I feel the magic of the 32,768 Hz (cycles/ sec) oscillator crystal beating within. Now that's magic and high beat if you ask me!

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
many of our first real dive watches are all Seiko. Last year i bought the SS SE Sportura 3-dial. I love it. I get a lot of feedback everytime i wear...

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Hell I even wear a very accurate and handsome looking rep quartz Navitimer, blck face on black strap supplied by Andrew, tends to lose 1 second per month.

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
We all know that our interest in Swiss mechanical watches is what brought us here in the first place. I don't know about whether or not any of my watches have a soul. But if you come out here where I work, where everything around you is steel and iron, and watches get pushed to considerably deeper depth and pressure than most of them are rated for. You are going to find a lot of Seikos and Citizens. You see a lot of Swiss watches also, but most of them get left in the dry.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
lumpyone said:
haha it was a seiko flightmaster that i paid too much for that started this whole hobby for me. while looking at lower prices online i came across some of the more notorious scam sites. the rest as they say........ was history.
i still love my flightmaster though. gets lots of compliments and when i really need to know what time it is...thats the one i check.

I love the flightmaster. Great watch. The white dial version is my favorite. Below eyecandy for us seiko people

Cheers

TWP

SEIKO.jpg

SEIKO_1.jpg