• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudors new Pelagos 39

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Definitely depends on the jewelry store too. The chains like Wempe or Rüschenbeck in Germany get Rolex and Tudor models within a very short time. Just a tip for anyone who wants to buy a GEN. Customer service is great and if you're polite and don't overdo it you can get any watch at list price in less than 6 months. I would like to say that I do not believe the waiting list story for many people who are interested in watches. I am of the opinion that many just want to push that they want to buy this and that watch for thousands of euros but they are supposedly not available. I am firmly convinced that most of those who say something like that are not on the list. No matter what watch I've always wanted, my sales consultant made it possible. There was never any mention of a list. Yes, we will order the watch for you and get back to you as soon as possible.

So in general: don't believe everything your watch friend tells you about the waiting time. 😉
Then please go to my ad and tell them to cough up my damn explorer 1. It's almost a year now. Or, since you got a good relationship with yours, ask for one and call me when you get it.
I don't know who brags about it or not, I don't care as long as I get mine. I am on the damn list, as I was for the tudor, same story. But then, this is my ad here in bumfuck, Iowa. I'm sure in a bigger city I'd have more luck, like my brother did in Brussels. Was vetted as if he wanted to enter the CIA but got his sub in a matter of weeks, as you say.

Reactions: John Williams

John Williams

2/8/22
Then please go to my ad and tell them to cough up my damn explorer 1. It's almost a year now. Or, since you got a good relationship with yours, ask for one and call me when you get it.
I don't know who brags about it or not, I don't care as long as I get mine. I am on the damn list, as I was for the tudor, same story. But then, this is my ad here in bumfuck, Iowa. I'm sure in a bigger city I'd have more luck, like my brother did in Brussels. Was vetted as if he wanted to enter the CIA but got his sub in a matter of weeks, as you say.
Feefo, If I were you, I would call every week and ask for your watch. Maybe you won't be taken seriously or you should consider another jeweler. Seriously, don't put up with this. I'd rather keep my money than courting them. 🤔

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
You can get Tudor watches within a few weeks. The longest I had to wait was 4 weeks. After just a few weeks of publication, the watches are quickly available and you don't have to be a regular customer.
That’s just not true for any of their hot models, and anyone who is familiar with them will tell you the same.

You can’t get something like an FXD or Panda in anything approaching ‘a few weeks’. AD’s are advising either no chance / no idea or 2 years + on both of them. It’s easier to get a Submariner than an FXD.

You may get lucky - I got a BB58 Blue within a couple of weeks in Italy - but that’s luck not normal. Tudor isn’t big in Italy.

I got my FXD 7 months after launch - because I know the AD. Like, properly know them.

MQ87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/22
Germany
That’s just not true for any of their hot models, and anyone who is familiar with them will tell you the same.

You can’t get something like an FXD or Panda in anything approaching ‘a few weeks’. AD’s are advising either no chance / no idea or 2 years + on both of them. It’s easier to get a Submariner than an FXD.

You may get lucky - I got a BB58 Blue within a couple of weeks in Italy - but that’s luck not normal. Tudor isn’t big in Italy.

I got my FXD 7 months after launch - because I know the AD. Like, properly know them.
Totally agree in everything.
It totally depends on the location, the specific Dealer and especially the Watch itself.

There is no “ordinary” way.

But even if, it didn’t affect me anyway when buying the Pelagos.
This piece is stunning 😍

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Totally agree in everything.
It totally depends on the location, the specific Dealer and especially the Watch itself.

There is no “ordinary” way.

But even if, it didn’t affect me anyway when buying the Pelagos.
This piece is stunning 😍
It looks great.

For me, it sits right in the middle of my FXD - which I love, and the 58 Blue which my wife bought me. As such I would probably never wear it, but if I didn’t have my 2 Tudors I would definitely get one.

Reactions: MQ87

John Williams

2/8/22

Hello muiramas, thank you for your message. I've only just read it, I'll take the time to answer you quickly.

I see you've been here a long time. Since 2017, very cool. I've been collecting GEN watches since 2017 and as you can see I've only been here for a short time.

I would therefore describe myself as very "familiar" with these "hot models", since I also own one or two of these models. I haven't had any problems buying a watch like this.

That means I can't confirm your thesis. If I tell you that you can get a watch like this in just a few weeks, would you believe me? From your point of view, I'll answer it with no. Well, I can tell you that it works and you don't even have to sell your soul to your AD for it.

It has little to do with luck. I think it has to do with many other factors. For example, are you very sympathetic to your AD? How do you appear, who are you, what do you radiate, are you a potential major customer... just to name a few things.

An AD would certainly never admit it, but think about it, how often do we make decisions based on sympathy or emotions in general?

I wish you a nice Sunday evening and a successful start into the next week.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
And no date also.. winner

Easy rep with no rivet bracelet, simpler clasp and no datewheel too

Last edited:
Reactions: RobSe1

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I see you've been here a long time. Since 2017, very cool. I've been collecting GEN watches since 2017 and as you can see I've only been here for a short time.

I would therefore describe myself as very "familiar" with these "hot models", since I also own one or two of these models. I haven't had any problems buying a watch like this.

I’ve been collecting gen watches since 1998 and stand by every word I said.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
My inbox exploded after your letter of recommendation.
Ah, well, I’m sure you can provide everyone with a P39 + a modest markup for yourself given that you can get them very easily - you know, within a few weeks.

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Saw one for sale (not a display model) at the Brea mall a few weeks ago.

Flowjoe100

22/6/19
London
Really want one of these Pelagos 39's. Stunning and lightweight enough to become my new work watch, my current 42mm Planet Ocean gets heavy and uncomfortable after a long period on the wrist. Only thing that is putting me off is the 21mm lug width, a very strange decision from Tudor. I live in London and don't have any experience of waiting lists for any watches, any tips of a place to start off? Or I guess I'll just head into town and try my luck 🤷

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
Really want one of these Pelagos 39's. Stunning and lightweight enough to become my new work watch, my current 42mm Planet Ocean gets heavy and uncomfortable after a long period on the wrist. Only thing that is putting me off is the 21mm lug width, a very strange decision from Tudor. I live in London and don't have any experience of waiting lists for any watches, any tips of a place to start off? Or I guess I'll just head into town and try my luck 🤷
I made the mistake of wearing a large Planet Ocean on a 14 hour flight. It lasted about an hour on my wrist and then spent the rest of the flight in my pocket. It was like wearing a brick strapped to my wrist !

Reactions: Flowjoe100

Flowjoe100

22/6/19
London
I made the mistake of wearing a large Planet Ocean on a 14 hour flight. It lasted about an hour on my wrist and then spent the rest of the flight in my pocket. It was like wearing a brick strapped to my wrist !
It's not so bad on the rubber deployment strap, that keeps my planet ocean comfortable. It just feels like a shame since the rubber detracts from overall feel of the watch and cheapens it a bit. Attracts less attention though, which comes in handy at times. On a NATO it is just so heavy it isn't supported well at all, I simply cannot wear it with one. But as I said, would defo give the rubber a go if you still have the watch, a nice clasp design too.