• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudors new Pelagos 39

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
and the gen uses the MT540x series of movement which is the same series of movement as the blackbay 58. Hand setting direction should therefore be the same as an eta 2824-2. Therefore, add an ETA 2801 setting lever to the rep pelagos 39 (assuming the rep will use a 2824-2) and it will function like gen.

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Damn,... lovely watch, but 39mm??...wish they did a 42mm no date ...39 just to small ..

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Don't like the fixed bit..or NATO's

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I don't see how gen is gonna be worth when reps are already over 95% closer to gen. Reps are rough for Tudors, it's still WIS watch

Pixlputterman

Renowned Member
8/1/19
Idaho
and the gen uses the MT540x series of movement which is the same series of movement as the blackbay 58. Hand setting direction should therefore be the same as an eta 2824-2. Therefore, add an ETA 2801 setting lever to the rep pelagos 39 (assuming the rep will use a 2824-2) and it will function like gen.
Im not hip on movements, what would that gen function be for a 3 hander?

atom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/12
So I put my name down on the list and... they already let me buy one. I don't know if I got crazy lucky or they made a bazillion of them, but it's really nice.

Random thoughts:

The dial sunburst is super subtle, basically just looks like a slightly satin dial. The bezel sunburst is stronger, but you need the right light for it to "pop" otherwise it will just looks like a subtle semigloss. The weight and size are great. It's incredibly light, but it's mostly the bracelet that is "wow" light - the head has enough heft to it, but still you can tell it's titanium. The case also seems slightly glossier than other pelagos, although it is still fully brushed. It feels in between a pelagos and a sub in terms of overall "shine." I think it's a nice blend. Enough wrist presence without being over the top. The bracelet is awesome. The micro adjust clasp with the divers extension is really slick. Strong taper. Just great proportions over all. The mid case thickness is perfect. I love the simple lume plots and dial, but I can see that being controversial. I don't care about Hevs, I don't do immersion diving, I don't do anything more than sailing, swimming, and snorkeling.

I'm gonna need to sell some of my other watches now, wasn't planning on this purchase so quickly 😂

Reactions: HomeRye and Parto

atom

10/2/12
I can't figure out how to edit on this new site...

In terms of reps, I feel like they will have a hard time getting the sunburst right, and the ceramic lume plots could be tricky. I'm sure they can nail the case and such other than that. I'm also sure whatever they do will look great - but the exact subtlety of the sunburst effect and the slight greyness of the bezel could be an instant tell. Just a guess. The clasp will be tricky to get working well, but I'm sure they can nail general appearance of the bracelet and such.

Anyway I'm sure it will be a good rep as it is fairly simple outside those details. I'll probably get a rep to compare eventually.

Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I can't figure out how to edit on this new site...

In terms of reps, I feel like they will have a hard time getting the sunburst right, and the ceramic lume plots could be tricky. I'm sure they can nail the case and such other than that. I'm also sure whatever they do will look great - but the exact subtlety of the sunburst effect and the slight greyness of the bezel could be an instant tell. Just a guess. The clasp will be tricky to get working well, but I'm sure they can nail general appearance of the bracelet and such.

Anyway I'm sure it will be a good rep as it is fairly simple outside those details. I'll probably get a rep to compare eventually.
I'm very tempted... how does it look on the rubber strap or have you tried it yet? Can you upload a video for us?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Im not hip on movements, what would that gen function be for a 3 hander?

1. the hand setting direction will be the same for the gen and a2824-2 movement (e.g., turning the crown clockwise will lead to the hands turning anticlockwise)
2. the 2801 setting lever eliminates the phantom date position in most no-date reps with a2824-2 movements

atom

10/2/12
I'm very tempted... how does it look on the rubber strap or have you tried it yet? Can you upload a video for us?
Haven't put it on the rubber yet. Haven't even worn it much outside the shop yet (busy day moving stuff around and would rather not instantly scratch it to death lol). It doesn't want to let me upload the video, but I put a photo above which I think feels fairly representative if you're not under spot lights or direct sunlight.

Reactions: rockdaytona

Pixlputterman

Renowned Member
8/1/19
Idaho
Since this is a no date I would be very tempted to flip that dia, toss all the lume in coffee and make my own 39 LHD lol

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Have mine arriving tomorrow, Ill get some wrist shots up for people to see.. this could be the ultimate Tudor.

Reactions: HomeRye and Parto

WatchThisWrist

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/8/22
Have mine arriving tomorrow, Ill get some wrist shots up for people to see.. this could be the ultimate Tudor.
That’s fast! Here in Holland there are waiting lists currently, looking forward to the pics

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
That’s fast! Here in Holland there are waiting lists currently, looking forward to the pics
I got lucky, I emailed about 10 dealers in London last night, and one called me this morning, had one left, and the rest have waiting lists!

I also had to prove Im a big Tudor collector, and not going to flip it, they're not sending the warranty card for 2-4 weeks... lol