• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudors new Pelagos 39

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
just came in, looking good, havent sized it yet, want to make sure running well.

Light isn't best here in UK, so sunburst on dial is hard to capture.

the main thing you notice is weight, feels like a toy watch, not sure I like that or not, Ill fit it and feel it out for few days

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
just came in, looking good, havent sized it yet, want to make sure running well.

Light isn't best here in UK, so sunburst on dial is hard to capture.

the main thing you notice is weight, feels like a toy watch, not sure I like that or not, Ill fit it and feel it out for few days

If the light weight gets to be a burden I guess I could find space to put it somewhere ;-)

centrum

27/7/14
I got excited when I first saw the announcement until I saw the watch itself. I feel the bezel doesn't do the watch its justice. It doesn't match quite well with the aesthetics of the watch. The diagonal lines on the bezel don't do me right.

Reactions: golfa

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
I got excited when I first saw the announcement until I saw the watch itself. I feel the bezel doesn't do the watch its justice. It doesn't match quite well with the aesthetics of the watch. The diagonal lines on the bezel don't do me right.
I think because its a lot smaller they're trying to add a 'glamour' feel to it, (look at the advertising) if it was in steel, it would eat Rolex breakfast, this is what the Sub should look like if it wasn't a status symbol. and just got more and more shiny. this is a true successor to the 1980s sub. just with snowflake hands.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I think the ‘sunbursty / glamour / its a woman’s watch too’ design and marketing is a bit odd. It’s certainly a change of direction for the Pelagos, which previously has been driven by function.

Nice watch - but the dial and bezel should have remained flat matt imo.

steven807196

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
22/7/22
I got lucky, I emailed about 10 dealers in London last night, and one called me this morning, had one left, and the rest have waiting lists!

I also had to prove Im a big Tudor collector, and not going to flip it, they're not sending the warranty card for 2-4 weeks... lol
Congrats on the Pelagos.

I had similar luck as a new boutique had just opened up and I happened to be passing buy an hour or so after it opened. They had a small number of them in.

I had been quoted 12-18 months by the other ADs I’d called.

Reactions: English Gent

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
21mm lug width BTW, took me by surprise!

MQ87

4/10/22
Germany
Received mine last week and can say that this watch is a true killer :cool:
Probably the best watch for this money can buy at the moment.

Sure, I needed some time to get used to the Titan feeling, but after some days I only feel the advantages!
Fully recommend to everyone!

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17

Sure, I needed some time to get used to the Titan feeling, but after some days I only feel the advantages!

Well done! It looks great on you.

Reactions: MQ87

WatchThisWrist

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/8/22

Really a stunning piece! Wear it in good health. Did you have to wait long to be able to purchase it?

MQ87

4/10/22
Germany
Really a stunning piece! Wear it in good health. Did you have to wait long to be able to purchase it?
It is. Wear it almost every day since my pick up.

I was very fast and “ordered” it minutes after the presentation of Tudor at the AD.
Got mine then two weeks later.
But as I hear from others, I was lucky I guess.
Most of them are told it could take more then 12 month 😫

Reactions: John Williams

John Williams

2/8/22
But as I hear from others, I was lucky I guess.
Most of them are told it could take more then 12 month 😫
You can get Tudor watches within a few weeks. The longest I had to wait was 4 weeks. After just a few weeks of publication, the watches are quickly available and you don't have to be a regular customer. Sometimes the watches are also kept in the drawer for new customers. 💼

Sorry I don't want to take away the illusion that you were lucky. Doesn't change the fact that you have a great watch and wear it with a lot of joy. 👍🏻

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
You can get Tudor watches within a few weeks. The longest I had to wait was 4 weeks. After just a few weeks of publication, the watches are quickly available and you don't have to be a regular customer. Sometimes the watches are also kept in the drawer for new customers. 💼

Sorry I don't want to take away the illusion that you were lucky. Doesn't change the fact that you have a great watch and wear it with a lot of joy. 👍🏻
I don't think there's a general formula, but I guess location does a lot. I waited several months to get the call, which I refused because I got what I wanted in an airport, no lists there...

Reactions: John Williams

John Williams

2/8/22
I don't think there's a general formula, but I guess location does a lot. I waited several months to get the call, which I refused because I got what I wanted in an airport, no lists there...
Definitely depends on the jewelry store too. The chains like Wempe or Rüschenbeck in Germany get Rolex and Tudor models within a very short time. Just a tip for anyone who wants to buy a GEN. Customer service is great and if you're polite and don't overdo it you can get any watch at list price in less than 6 months. I would like to say that I do not believe the waiting list story for many people who are interested in watches. I am of the opinion that many just want to push that they want to buy this and that watch for thousands of euros but they are supposedly not available. I am firmly convinced that most of those who say something like that are not on the list. No matter what watch I've always wanted, my sales consultant made it possible. There was never any mention of a list. Yes, we will order the watch for you and get back to you as soon as possible.

So in general: don't believe everything your watch friend tells you about the waiting time. 😉

Reactions: 12369