• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudors new Pelagos 39

plt40mm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/23
europe
Here Susan’s Review of the Tudor Pelagos 39mm

Review
thanks for the link. have never heard of this "special chinese character" category/manufacturer. genuine swiss movement sounds of course awesome, but the rest of the review doesn't sound like that might be better than previous models from well known factories.

juhahenrik

Horology Curious
16/1/24
Finland
"原单 watch has two big features, first, the finish on the case and bracelet is not as good as that on super clones made by big factories such as VS, ZF and Clean, but their finish is much better than the middle quality replicas. Second, the movement is from the Switzerland, it uses a real Swiss movement. Like this black Tudor Pelagos, it is equipped with a SW200 automatic movement, which is also the reason why it has a higher price than other replica watches.".

So it seems like the case and bracelet is not as good as other clones. But what about this movement? How could a Chinese rep have a Swiss movement? If someone could post a side-by-side comparison with GEN, it would be appreciated :D

Reaps

-
25/9/22
"原单 watch has two big features, first, the finish on the case and bracelet is not as good as that on super clones made by big factories such as VS, ZF and Clean, but their finish is much better than the middle quality replicas. Second, the movement is from the Switzerland, it uses a real Swiss movement. Like this black Tudor Pelagos, it is equipped with a SW200 automatic movement, which is also the reason why it has a higher price than other replica watches.".

So it seems like the case and bracelet is not as good as other clones. But what about this movement? How could a Chinese rep have a Swiss movement? If someone could post a side-by-side comparison with GEN, it would be appreciated :D
Swiss Sellitas SW-200 are available to buy in China... lots of Chinese homages have access to the SW-200. This isn't 50 years ago.... in fact, where do you think the majority of watch parts are manufactured? Hint, "Swiss Made" only needs 60% of production costs to be in Switzerland and 50% of total parts need to be assembled in Switzerland.

Now, if you ask about the GRADE of this SW-200 then I bet you it's Standard.

Reactions: Got20Mate

juhahenrik

Horology Curious
16/1/24
Finland
Swiss Sellitas SW-200 are available to buy in China... lots of Chinese homages have access to the SW-200. This isn't 50 years ago.... in fact, where do you think the majority of watch parts are manufactured? Hint, "Swiss Made" only needs 60% of production costs to be in Switzerland and 50% of total parts need to be assembled in Switzerland.

Now, if you ask about the GRADE of this SW-200 then I bet you it's Standard.
Ah okay, I see. Thanks. Do you know if there is a big difference in SW-200 vs. let's say A2824 or Miyota 9015?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Ah okay, I see. Thanks. Do you know if there is a big difference in SW-200 vs. let's say A2824 or Miyota 9015?
What do you mean by "difference?"

The SW-200 and A2824 are functionally identical. They can take the same dial, hands, they're direct swaps. In terms of performance, I have had A2824 run within COSC standards, but also have had A2824s run +20s/day after service. But this is replica after all.

M9015 is one of the most reliable movements in the replica game, and in the watch world overall. Not much to say about it other than the noisy unidirectional rotor.

My advice is to buy the watch with the cheaper movement. If it fails on you, or you love the watch so much, you can opt to switch in a Swiss ETA or SW-200 that you can buy on ebay or whereever (the internet has many places to buy them). But otherwise if you're like me and you have a collection the savings is pretty substantial.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Agree with all of the above and more - If you find you're wearing it loads, you can always change it out for something more reliable. Chances are you'll just buy another or move it on because that's what I do :ROFLMAO:

juhahenrik

Horology Curious
16/1/24
Finland
What do you mean by "difference?"

The SW-200 and A2824 are functionally identical. They can take the same dial, hands, they're direct swaps. In terms of performance, I have had A2824 run within COSC standards, but also have had A2824s run +20s/day after service. But this is replica after all.

M9015 is one of the most reliable movements in the replica game, and in the watch world overall. Not much to say about it other than the noisy unidirectional rotor.

My advice is to buy the watch with the cheaper movement. If it fails on you, or you love the watch so much, you can opt to switch in a Swiss ETA or SW-200 that you can buy on ebay or whereever (the internet has many places to buy them). But otherwise if you're like me and you have a collection the savings is pretty substantial.
Okay, thanks a lot! (y)

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
KZdnBW.jpeg

Any news/updates...hope this is real

Kecho0

Horology Curious
30/1/24
Hah! just ordered the TUF P39 and it should be in my hands by the end of this week- I've been refreshing the tracking page like an addict. Excited for the watch to be here but if ZF comes out with a full titanium bracelet and improved (thinner) rehaut I'll be kicking myself for not waiting one more month. If the ZF does in fact come out with a good version of the P39 I'll probably hand off the TUF to a friend and make him happy :LOL:

juhahenrik

Horology Curious
16/1/24
Finland
Hah! just ordered the TUF P39 and it should be in my hands by the end of this week- I've been refreshing the tracking page like an addict. Excited for the watch to be here but if ZF comes out with a full titanium bracelet and improved (thinner) rehaut I'll be kicking myself for not waiting one more month. If the ZF does in fact come out with a good version of the P39 I'll probably hand off the TUF to a friend and make him happy :LOL:
Please post some pics when you get your watch😄