• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudors new Pelagos 39

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I love that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The bracelet does nothing for me.
Didn't recognize you there with the new profile picture :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I don't know, it's everyone's taste. For me the Pelagos is a tool watch, which means, in my (mind) it has to be on a bracelet.

We watch collectors are fucking weirdos

Reactions: DetektivTudor

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Didn't recognize you there with the new profile picture :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I don't know, it's everyone's taste. For me the Pelagos is a tool watch, which means, in my (mind) it has to be on a bracelet.

We watch collectors are fucking weirdos
Could just be a phase that I’m in. I stared out with bracelets. Then I found them all too gaudy and went leather only. Then I missed the weight/heft and went back to bracelets. But now I really love the casualness of rubber.

I’m not weird. You’re weird.

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

subvertist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
30/8/21
It's mostly OK, the issue is that the stem length seems to be a bit off so the movement winds a bit more than I'd like when screwing in the crown. I was told to be careful of this as titanium crown tubes tend to strip easier, but we'll see over time.

sagewatch

Known Member
Certified
21/10/22
I've had the TUF Pelagos 39 for about a month and a half now - unfortunately it came in just after I sold my gen. My quick take is this is a very good rep that is crying for a bracelet (although the included rubber strap is nice and surprisingly more comfortable than the rigid gen strap that probably just needed a good breaking in). A few quick thoughts and some pictures:
  • The crystal's AR application has a bluish tint that is kind of distracting and definitely not present on the gen.
  • Dial texture and print are very good, as is the ghost texture on the bezel insert. Lume on the markers and bezel insert is decent but nowhere near as bright and strong as the gen (which is a hallmark feature of Pelagos watches in general).
  • A Selitta SW200 is nice at this price point, but the particular movement I have in this one winds a little roughly especially compared to the gen MT movement (and certainly doesn't match the power reserve capacity). Tudor's in-house movements are very good and underrated, IMO.
  • Finishing on the grade 2 titanium case is very solid, and it's particularly evident on the crown guards. Bezel action is good enough, but I don't have any particular
Thank you for sharing your experience @subvertist !
I’m on the fence between getting a TUF or waiting for ZF’s attempt. In photos, it looks like the rehaut may be much wider on the TUF than Gen. Is this something you notice, having had the Gen previously?

subvertist

Supporter
Certified
30/8/21
Thank you for sharing your experience @subvertist !
I’m on the fence between getting a TUF or waiting for ZF’s attempt. In photos, it looks like the rehaut may be much wider on the TUF than Gen. Is this something you notice, having had the Gen previously?
Here's a straight on shot of my old gen. I honestly can't tell about any difference in rehaut size/proportion, but the more eagle-eyed among us might be able to:

Another point of comparison here is the edge beveling on the bezel - on the gen (bottom), there is a more defined "flat" area past the insert before the bezel teeth compared to the rep (top):

atom

10/2/12
So many details look great in this but the rehaut/seconds ring is just so off in every photo of it I see. Wouldn't mind getting a rep to go with my gen but I can't unsee that detail.

subvertist

Supporter
Certified
30/8/21
Wonder if you can fit the homage bracelet on the TUF case. I'll make my own!
The homages had 20mm bracelets right? The lug width on these is 21mm - so although those bracelets may not work, the aftermarket Uncle Seiko president or jubilee bracelets might.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Can anyone suggest a TD who is selling the 39 at this time?

simplyjusthen

Looking Around
22/5/18
Maybe its wishful thinking, but it really does look like the later batches have a better looking rehaut. The first ones i saw looked more noticeable. Does anyone have this and the M+ Factory FXD? I cant decide which to go for

simplyjusthen

Looking Around
22/5/18
I caved and ordered from David.

I went with the PT5000 for 2000 yuan

These are the comparisons i made. First photo is when the 39 first came out. I can swear it looks much better now.

I could also be lying to myself so i can buy this watch lol

Reactions: Reaps

subvertist

Supporter
Certified
30/8/21
I caved and ordered from David.

I went with the PT5000 for 2000 yuan

These are the comparisons i made. First photo is when the 39 first came out. I can swear it looks much better now.

I could also be lying to myself so i can buy this watch lol

Honestly just seems like a difference in picture or camera quality, but enjoy your watch!

• Sad

Legology

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/10/22
Uk. Ire
I need a side by side of this with the gen before I pull the trigger…. Sooo tempted though. Would love if the Factories picked this up for production..

simplyjusthen

Looking Around
22/5/18
So an update! Just received my TUF ticket with a PT movement and it’s better than i expected! The rehault isn’t as noticeable in person and looks better than in photos. Bezel action is great as well. The one i received looks better with the bezel overhanging the case (picture below)

For negatives, there is a ghost date change position and it winds a bit rough. Also the lume is comparable with my VSF sub, but its a tiny bit patchy on some of the indicies.

All in all, Im very happy with my watch! Ive seen the gen in person a while back and it feels pretty accurate, but i have not compared them side to side.

Legology

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/10/22
Uk. Ire
So an update! Just received my TUF ticket with a PT movement and it’s better than i expected! The rehault isn’t as noticeable in person and looks better than in photos. Bezel action is great as well. The one i received looks better with the bezel overhanging the case (picture below)

For negatives, there is a ghost date change position and it winds a bit rough. Also the lume is comparable with my VSF sub, but its a tiny bit patchy on some of the indicies.

All in all, Im very happy with my watch! Ive seen the gen in person a while back and it feels pretty accurate, but i have not compared them side to side.

Is the lug width on these 20 or 21mm as per gen?