• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Heritage Ranger Gen VS Rep

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
I bought mine less than a month ago from Ken as an FYI

sent from my franken Samsung v6 edge plus
Jason, was that a v6f? I searched for one for months , checked every td and non td and got the same answer....that It was oos and no longer made by the factory. However, there was a non v6 version available.

Sent from the RWI App

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Jason, was that a v6f? I searched for one for months , checked every td and non td and got the same answer....that It was oos and no longer made by the factory. However, there was a non v6 version available.

Sent from the RWI App
Under the promotion tab on chazingtime site v6f and 236 USD. Had my qc pics day after payment

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
Under the promotion tab on chazingtime site v6f and 236 USD. Had my qc pics day after payment

I'm shocked (pleasantly surprised...) And stand corrected I guess. I have an email from the man himself (ken) saying that v6f has been oos for a while (And this was months ago)

Sent from the RWI App

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I'm shocked (pleasantly surprised...) And stand corrected I guess. I have an email from the man himself (ken) saying that v6f has been oos for a while (And this was months ago)

Sent from the RWI App
Idk bro. Worth another shot maybe for ya maybe.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyone confirm watch in stock or no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. Obvious

Respected Member
5/5/13
Mine says hi!

mqJxaeo.jpg

inDQo5Q.jpg
WOW that leather strap. May I ask where you bought it?

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
Anyone confirm watch in stock or no

I can confirm that they ARE in stock. I would imagine any TD can get one. I'm going to order one next week, probably. Trying to decide between the Ranger and the Explorer. Maybe I should start another thread for this (if there isn't one, something tells me this has been discussed in several places), but I'm not sure which way to go. The Ranger on SS is about $230 while I think the best version of the Explorer is around $370. Advantage: Ranger. I actually think the Tudor Ranger is more accurate a rep (see: letter spacing on Explorer). Advantage: Ranger. But people have been raving about the overall look and feel of the Explorer and the Ranger just doesn't have the same cache. Advantage: Explorer.

Decisions.....

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I can confirm that they ARE in stock. I would imagine any TD can get one. I'm going to order one next week, probably. Trying to decide between Ranger and Explorer. Maybe I should start another thread for this (if there isn't one, something tells me this has been discussed in several places), but I'm not sure which way to go. The Ranger on SS is about $230 while I think the best version of the Explorer is around $370. I actually think the Tudor Ranger is more accurate a rep (see: letter spacing on Explorer) but people do love the overall feel of the Explorer......

Go For super Rep first , and wait for correction Dial print and crown in V3 it's sure coming

Sent from the RWI App

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
the crown/stem/tube height is the biggest tell here
image.png

But the Tudor Rose logo is replicated really nicely, unlike those earlier blackbay
image.png
Wow. If that's in fact the biggest tell -- the crown-stem-tube height, then maybe my decision has been made for me. Ranger all the way.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Wow. If that's in fact the biggest tell -- the crown-stem-tube height, then maybe my decision has been made for me. Ranger all the way.

You talking about very small details, it's not Big Flaw like Dial color or Thicknesse

Sent from the RWI App

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
Go For super Rep first , and wait for correction Dial print and crown in V3 it's sure coming

Sent from the RWI App
Yeah, I think you're right regarding the Explorer. I'm leaning Ranger.

We've talked about this in another thread, though: I'm just not sure the print on the Explorer dial even matters that much. While on the one hand I say "they might as well fix the dial, should be easy" on the other hand I've never seen one in person and don't know if it's even noticeable to the average guy (i.e. someone not looking for a mistake). I don't post ultra-refined pictures on Instagram and I don't stare at other people's watches (unless I'm on this forum!). When you have a watch in person, it's actually surprising how small everything looks compared to these super-close up HD-style pics.

Now you've got me thinking that the V2 Explorer will probably be discounted as the V3 release approaches....whenever that is....

In any event, this Tudor Ranger should be more popular. I really appreciate the simplicity.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Yeah, I think you're right regarding the Explorer. I'm leaning Ranger.

We've talked about this in another thread, though: I'm just not sure the print on the Explorer dial even matters that much. While on the one hand I say "they might as well fix the dial, should be easy" on the other hand I've never seen one in person and don't know if it's even noticeable to the average guy (i.e. someone not looking for a mistake). I don't post ultra-refined pictures on Instagram and I don't stare at other people's watches (unless I'm on this forum!). When you have a watch in person, it's actually surprising how small everything looks compared to these super-close up HD-style pics.

Now you've got me thinking that the V2 Explorer will probably be discounted as the V3 release approaches....whenever that is....

In any event, this Tudor Ranger should be more popular. I really appreciate the simplicity.

It's marketing Game you must Know they can do it super mirror in everything, it's not something Hard to replicate , in Repword Wait a lot= Gain more

Sent from the RWI App

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong

I got OCD for wrong crown height - it's my easiest way of seeing if a watch is rep (e.g. those 2836-2 noob v7 with wrong crown height that is relative to crownguard). This is because there are no crown height variation in production run (whereas other flaws like dial typography flaws and crooked indices may be excused as poor QC like gen factories at times, but gen crown height is inexcusable as cases are made to factory/movement specs at all times - no exception)

So this is unfortunately a deal breaker for me.

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
It's marketing Game you must Know they can do it super mirror in everything, it's not something Hard to replicate , in Repword Wait a lot= Gain more

Sent from the RWI App
I think that's why the Rolex Explorer with the wrong font spacing is still a contender with me; I have this feeling they'll fix the spacing but then something else will be off. It's not a perfect analogy, but it's a little like cell phones. A lot of people feel like they always have to get the next generation, even if the new one is just tweaked a bit without a significant jump in technology. Watches the same. The factory will improve it slightly, but maybe take a slight step back somewhere else or leave something unimproved that will be reserved for the next generation, ensuring that people who have an earlier generation will still want the follow-up. Too cynical?

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
I got OCD for wrong crown height - it's my easiest way of seeing if a watch is rep (e.g. those 2836-2 noob v7 with wrong crown height that is relative to crownguard). This is because there are no crown height variation in production run (whereas other flaws like dial typography flaws and crooked indices may be excused as poor QC like gen factories at times, but gen crown height is inexcusable as cases are made to factory/movement specs at all times - no exception)

So this is unfortunately a deal breaker for me.
This is a reason I'm a member here and read as much as I can. I could do this for 10 more years and would probably not spot what some others do. I just don't have the eye for the details.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I think that's why the Rolex Explorer with the wrong font spacing is still a contender with me; I have this feeling they'll fix the spacing but then something else will be off. It's not a perfect analogy, but it's a little like cell phones. A lot of people feel like they always have to get the next generation, even if the new one is just tweaked a bit without a significant jump in technology. Watches the same. The factory will improve it slightly, but maybe take a slight step back somewhere else or leave something unimproved that will be reserved for the next generation, ensuring that people who have an earlier generation will still want the follow-up. Too cynical?

I wish JF Fix Print And crown problem in same time Olso for new op they bought now 3 colors Gens , JF reaches maker they bought Gen RM11

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
This is a reason I'm a member here and read as much as I can. I could do this for 10 more years and would probably not spot what some others do. I just don't have the eye for the details.

sometimes i wished i didn't read as much because the level of detail / OCD is taking the fun away from me for this hobby haha

and what is seen cannot be unseen unfortunately for me