• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor HERITAGE BLACK BAY BRONZE BLUE XF VS Gen side by Side

D

d4m.test

Agree to disagree. I love this watch and the head is fantastic but a big part of it is the unique nato. Buying a gen one will be near impossible.
I found myself a gen Nato. It came without the clasp though. Will hav to try and source that from somewhere.

I pulled the trigger on the XF version, but asked my TD for a different one. Had a mark/scratch on the bezel at 12 showing the alu underneath, 12 o clock marker not aligned with the shield logo, and glue coming away from underneath the 6 marker.. Looking at some of the pictures in here you guys were more lucky. I hope my TD can find me a good looking one.

Bigred7078

4/12/16
I found myself a gen Nato. It came without the clasp though. Will hav to try and source that from somewhere.

I pulled the trigger on the XF version, but asked my TD for a different one. Had a mark/scratch on the bezel at 12 showing the alu underneath, 12 o clock marker not aligned with the shield logo, and glue coming away from underneath the 6 marker.. Looking at some of the pictures in here you guys were more lucky. I hope my TD can find me a good looking one.

I thought the buckle was sew-in? I wonder if you could get the rep one to work...

robinstyler

Renowned Member
4/7/16
I thought the buckle was sew-in? I wonder if you could get the rep one to work...
Buckle is clipped on, one of the two small metal bars is sewed in. But if its only the Buckle he can use the rep one. The rep and Gen buckle are very similar. Already compared mine.

Sent from the RWI App

umirza85

12/6/15
The thing that I can't unsee with these is the hole in the middle where the hands stack..... think it sticks out quite a bit and is probably what's holding this back from being a proper super rep.

Though this issue has been on all the bronzes

Reactions: Karl

Darren_Jon

Known Member
17/4/17
The thing that I can't unsee with these is the hole in the middle where the hands stack..... think it sticks out quite a bit and is probably what's holding this back from being a proper super rep.

Though this issue has been on all the bronzes

Gen also has the hole :)

Parci73

Known Member
25/10/11
arrived yesterday from puretime!

Great watch - you have only change to a better leather strap - I will order from corrigia!

Some pics:

jtcSsnO.jpg

Np6hs8s.jpg

ccMRFBv.jpg

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Really wish they would fix the minute hand length.....that drives me nuts! So close to being perfect but that is a big tell to me.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
How comfortable are these in real life? They seem very thick and top heavy.

Can you buy a gen strap at an ADs? Or do you have to show them the watch? I wanted to buy an Omega nato recently and they wouldn't sell it to me if they didn't see the watch first..

Parci73

Known Member
25/10/11
They will ask you for the serial number of you Watch!

I bought a Gen Strap last month and I had to tell the number.
Expensive but worth the money!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
How comfortable are these in real life? They seem very thick and top heavy.

Can you buy a gen strap at an ADs? Or do you have to show them the watch? I wanted to buy an Omega nato recently and they wouldn't sell it to me if they didn't see the watch first..

Just walk inn and order one. The AD asked me -and I just told them it started to smell. It happened a lot was the answer. 4 weeks later it arrived.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it!

I can look up some random serial number from sales adds on Chrono24.

What's the price for the gen nato at the AD's ? I was looking for a camo nato for the Ranger and they were about 250$ on eBay.

I'm torn between this one and the VSF Spectre, so I need to decide on that matter first :)
​​​​

Last edited:

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Does anyone have a nato from this rep they want to sell? I have one in the way from a TD but XF doesn’t offer the nato anymore.

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
Thread reminds me I tried the boutique version last week, with full bronze strap.
Felt quite strange OTW - buttery