• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay 58 ZF v2 vs Gen

centrum

27/7/14
Thank you for a great comparison mate. I was looking for a casual everyday watch and thought Black Bay 58 would be a great choice.
I must say I like the looks of ZF Black Bay more than the gen haha. I prefer the flat dial and the lighter shades of lume to the darker lume and the gritty dial. Too bad the gen is not preference.
That being said, I am going to pass this rep for the flaws that I cannot handle and take a look at the ZF Black Bay 58 Blue. Hope that one is more accurate to the gen. Cheers!

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Just received QC for mine and it’s looking good. It has the slightly long tube but it doesn’t bother me ????????‍♂️

Namvtvn

Looking Around
7/7/21
Hi everyone, may i ask someone know the dial dimension of bb58 zf v2? Please let me know

Guten_Sluca89

Looking Around
22/7/21
Hey guys, been obsessing over this section of RWI for weeks now...and finally today I bit the bullet!! Was hoping to get some advise regarding the QC pics...
Overall I think its ok, but the crown tube length is bothering me, seems unusually long in comparison to the other v2's that I've seen in the forums? (Im aware of the tube length being a bit longer than the gen, but this just seems a lil too much)... What do you guys think? :confused:

Album: https://imgur.com/a/8DSuCdn

(So sorry I cant seem to upload images...)
b8YyjBD.jpeg

Last edited:

Aphil

Looking Around
27/7/21
Hello all, I’ve been wanting a bb58 for quite a while but it would be my most expensive watch purchase I’ve ever made. Before dropping nearly $4k and waiting months to get it, I’ve really been thinking I’d like to try a rep for a few months to make 100% sure I love the fit and size of it. Quite a few google searches landed me here and I’m trying to figure out who the go-to person or website is for ordering the ZF v2? Would appreciate your recommendation!

hlkrbs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Has anyone tried to make the crown tube shorter ? Is this possible to let the watch look more gen?
and are there any parts you can change ? For example a aftermarket for better dials ?

KittyRight

5/8/19
Dial and markers are mains reasons keeps me away from that beauty. Thinking about for better version these days...
Still a beauty tho...

Tyrell

Horology Curious
31/7/21
Hello, I ordered at Puretime They sent me photos but I find a lot of problem, for example the round in the red triangle is too small or poorly centered ... the triangle above the Tudor logo goes to the right The 6 hour poorly centered between the 3rd and the 0 of 30 ... what do you think?

I have the impression that they have only 1 copies ...

armin75

15/9/21
EU
Yes nice comparison but what about the 72h reserve the Gen has :)?

What about the Rep there?

Thx

Armin

Reacher01

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/12/18
Has anyone tried if the ZF bracelet fits on the gen? I'm talking about the blue dial specifically.
Got a gen yesterday but metal bracelets are hard to find and the ad says not before next year.

Reacher01

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/12/18
Has anyone tried if the ZF bracelet fits on the gen? I'm talking about the blue dial specifically.
Got a gen yesterday but metal bracelets are hard to find and the ad says not before next year.

nevermind my ad called and says they got the bracelet too now

Borbone

WatchAholic
24/8/21
Italy
Hi all,
i have a doubt with the qc of a black BB 58 v2.

the crown tube seems to be too long.

is it a v2 version?

in the photo u see the black BB 58 from the QC and the blu one from a photo of a v2 version of a member.

thank u so much

hlkrbs

21/7/20
Good question. Is there really a new version with a shorter crown tube ?

Reactions: Borbone

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
There was a batch after the initial release with a shorter crown tube, my blue has the shorter tube. Then for whatever reason, they got longer again.
Also, on the first version of the black, the lume was mismatched between dial and hands. Yours looks to be a good match on the QC shot at least. So a likely as not it’s recent version, albeit with the longer tube.

Last edited:
Reactions: Borbone