• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To be or not to be a v.i.p.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
There you go Romoulus. I just turned your red to green.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
While I think that JC7 could have been a bit more tactful about the way he phrased his initial post, I think that part of the problem is that forum posts are inherently sterilized by the process. He can't tell that you're asking a sincere question. You can't tell that he's poking good-natured fun at you. Probably you would have sidestepped the problem if you had upgraded *first*, then asked the question. Then you wouldn't have come off as having asked "is it worth it to contribute here"? But I think that this misunderstanding is cleared up and we can continue on from here.

One other benefit to VIP's which has not yet been mentioned here comes into play if you decide to re-sell watches here (that is, watches you don't want anymore, not as a dealer). Although the sales rules are currently in the process of being revamped, at present, non-VIP members are limited in the number of watches they're permitted to sell per certain period of time, whereas VIP's are currently unlimited in the number they can sell. Also, although I don't know that anyone has done any research on the numbers here, I think that members are more likely to buy from, or sell to, a VIP member.

However, far and away, the overwhelming reason to upgrade is what you have already seen posted here. This is a place worth supporting. The staff is NOT paid, so you are not keeping *us* around, but the software and the ability to keep the site running does require an ongoing source of funding.

RWI is not *just* about watches. Many longtime members you see posting here are neither in need of education about watches, nor are they planning on acquiring or selling them any time soon. We're here because some of the best people on this planet come to RWI. You'll see.

Here is an example of how RWI functions as a family, another thread at the top of the leader board: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/user-wiz-another-testimony-community-60534?t=60534

Welcome to RWI. :ahw:

So all those rumors of a keg party with strippers is all a lie?

And KBH, we just had the party last weekend. Where were *you*???

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
That's what I love about this place.....it's like one big happy family.

And like any big family, there's always going to be the odd misunderstanding, disagreement and sometimes a good old slanging match. But, hey, that's what keeps this place interesting.

In my short time here I've gained so much interest, guidance and help from others and that's why I went VIP.....as a gesture of thanks and to keep this great place running.

So....to be it is.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
And KBH, we just had the party last weekend. Where were *you*???

My invitation must have been lost in the mail. Let me know about the next one and I'll bring you a teddy bear.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
That's what I love about this place.....it's like one big happy family.

And like any big family, there's always going to be the odd misunderstanding, disagreement and sometimes a good old slanging match. But, hey, that's what keeps this place interesting.

In my short time here I've gained so much interest, guidance and help from others and that's why I went VIP.....as a gesture of thanks and to keep this great place running.

So....to be it is.

This is why I became VIP as well.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Nice thread and great gesture from JC7! More rep points to you, JC! :)

Oh, and a couple things:

1. I don't see how this question was dumb. The guy just wanted to know the benefits of upgrading. Fair question to ask... and he did get some good answers.

2. From now on I will adopt a policy of handing out negative rep points to anyone who asks for rep points. The idea behind rep points is that people reward you when you do something good. Points are earned through actions, and asking for them is a bit cheesy in my book.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Nice thread and great gesture from JC7! More rep points to you, JC! :)

Oh, and a couple things:

1. I don't see how this question was dumb. The guy just wanted to know the benefits of upgrading. Fair question to ask... and he did get some good answers.

2. From now on I will adopt a policy of handing out negative rep points to anyone who asks for rep points. The idea behind rep points is that people reward you when you do something good. Points are earned through actions, and asking for them is a bit cheesy in my book.

Exactly, Roo! Number 2 needed to be said. Have fun with them, but don't base your life or your opinion of another member solely off how many green squares they do or don't have.

And back to the topic at hand:

Way to go JC! VIP has its privileges.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
RWI is not *just* about watches. Many longtime members you see posting here are neither in need of education about watches, nor are they planning on acquiring or selling them any time soon. We're here because some of the best people on this planet come to RWI. Welcome to RWI. :ahw:

+1

Ouch!! :screwed: :chkngitter::spike:

JC7

15/6/10
While I think that JC7 could have been a bit more tactful about the way he phrased his initial post, I think that part of the problem is that forum posts are inherently sterilized by the process. He can't tell that you're asking a sincere question. You can't tell that he's poking good-natured fun at you....:ahw: ...

I agree.. I could have been more tactful but damn we are all so damn nice all the time, and like AHW said the posts become "sterilized".. IMO sometimes you have to let the sarcasm fly and let the chips fall where they may. Someone may get their feelings hurt for half a second but we keep moving on and we're still friends afterwards :) ...heck even the OP said he knew it was a stupid question. ;) I like it when people give me a hard time.. let's me know I'm part of the family.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Hey, Roo! Can I NOT have rep points please? :whistle:;)

Mmmhh... had you asked for negative rep, it would have gotten you positive rep. But since you don't want any at all, I'm confused. So is it ok if I just change your signature to something gay? Besides, it seems I gave you some rep before and it won't let me hand out more at the moment. Same with JC7, I'm afraid. :popcorn:

Ouch!! :screwed: :chkngitter::spike:

Rep to jmd33 for being a good sport. ;)

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
But since you don't want any at all, I'm confused. So is it ok if I just change your signature to something gay?

You can change his title to something worse than "Sad, Pathetic Little Man"?

J.Prime

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
11/4/10
Simply having a 'trusted dealer' area was enough for me. Plus, once you deal with some of these people, you will be shocked at how responsive and customer service driven they can be. Great place here which makes this hobby worth while.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
I can't remember what prompted me to do the VIP thing. There have been so many instances of help, support or service in general that I wanted to do something to assure that the forum would be around a bit longer.

I don't know anything about watches, so I figure it's the least I can to to give back.

srmd22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/10
LOL, OP guilted JC7 into setting him up with VIP membership!! Nicely done romulus, you got skilz.

romulous

6/8/10
LOL, OP guilted JC7 into setting him up with VIP membership!! Nicely done romulus, you got skilz.

As a maried man I am flattered by what you said srmd22. If only I actually had the skilzs of which you speak perhaps than I would truely be a VIP in my bedroom. LOL :biglaugh::wacko: