• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To be or not to be a v.i.p.

romulous

6/8/10
I know that this question will sound dumb but I am a nube so here it is.
As a VIP other than donating to a good cause what benefits do members receive as becoming a VIP member?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
i would say it would put you on the road to being a respected member but that's out the window with this thread...

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
The V.I.P. section, some exclusive raffles and prices on things occasionally also.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Access to the VIP section with LOTs more stuff

But...before you found this site. How much do you think you would have spent on rep? You couldve gotten a scam and paid 1k or more give or take and gotten a 300 dollar rep. This website is a community that is pretty close and helps warn others of all the scams on the internet and point them in the right direction of trusted dealers.

I mean is 50 bucks worth saving 400+ or more? I think so. Its all about paying the bills, hell we dont get anything, just keeping the lights on. So its about passing the torch, keeping this place open so we can save people from being scammed and meeting some cool ass gents (and girl or two ;)) along the way. Stick around see how many friends you make (yes VERY serious)

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
So all those rumors of a keg party with strippers is all a lie?

romulous

6/8/10
i would say it would put you on the road to being a respected member but that's out the window with this thread...

I just re-read what I had posted to see if I by chance I had written something that could be considered insulting,disrespectful or argumentative. All that I was able to see was the same dumb question that I prefaced as being a dumb question when I posted the tread.
I guess I must be more of a nube than I thought I was because I can't see the evil of my ways.
PLEASE share with me what it is that I said that so greatly offended you.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Lets just say *if* there were two members that needed a set of cg screws and one was a vip and the other wasnt...guess who would get the screws :)

JC7

15/6/10
It's just a retarded question to ask here... might as well ask if "anyone like replica watches?" or "should I go with a trusted dealer or not trusted?". LOL

...and I didn't say it was "evil"... just a dumb azz question IMO.

Now click my signature and go upgrade. ;)

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Don't take it personal. I think it was a rather dumb yet legitimate question. And he asked very politely, which goes a long ways in today's world.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Don't take it personal. I think it was a rather dumb yet legitimate question. And he asked very politely, which goes a long ways in today's world.

I agree

In today's economy why wouldnt anyone question it.

But it will come with benefits.

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I don't use the 'special' stuff VIPs get access to, but I donated way back when because I have derived a great deal of pleasure from this forum and had much advice from really knowledgable enthisiasts. All that is worth my donation. Becoming a VIP is not particularly important to me so I did it more as a sign of appreciation than anything. That's why I also joined in most of the raffles over the last couple of years. I never win anything, but like to think that my financial contribution helps the forum. If I won a watch out of it in the bargain, well, that would be pure gravy

Welcome aboard!

romulous

6/8/10
Access to the VIP section with LOTs more stuff

But...before you found this site. How much do you think you would have spent on rep? You couldve gotten a scam and paid 1k or more give or take and gotten a 300 dollar rep. This website is a community that is pretty close and helps warn others of all the scams on the internet and point them in the right direction of trusted dealers.

I mean is 50 bucks worth saving 400+ or more? I think so. Its all about paying the bills, hell we dont get anything, just keeping the lights on. So its about passing the torch, keeping this place open so we can save people from being scammed and meeting some cool as gents (and girl or two ;)) alond the way. Stick around see how many friends you make (yes VERY serious)

I believe that I started off my thread by acknowledging that this forum is a good cause. What I was refering to as benefits was things such as the ability to post a photo in your signature, have your VIP status in your avatar etc. I was not seeking any free stuff. If that was what I was about I would have just signed up as a VIP through the raffle thread to win the free Pan.
All that I wanted to do was move to the next level but (and I am not refering to you) there was one post to this thread so far that didn't seem to welcoming.:boohoo:and if that was not enough I notice that I received a red dot. I going to upgrade but I am not feeling the love so far

JC7

15/6/10
Don't cry... you posted what I thought to be a dumb question. This is a forum so I told you I thought it was stupid. We can't always expect positive feedback on all of our posts. Now wipe your tears... your VIP is on me 4LG098427N140301X.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
You get to access VIP mini golf... you get a special section where there are watch reviews for VIPs only, a lot of time in the VIP section, if people have extra parts they will give them away there, you get to keep coming back (because the place can afford to stay open), etc... You're name turns orange. You can edit the text under your name. You can give out more rep points. You can add a custom avatar or signature pic. (you might be able to do that right now as a non-vip). There are VIP raffles, drawings, etc. There is a database of movements somewhere in the VIP section I think.

All kinds of stuff. Plus, just by finding this site, you probably saved yourself 20 times what a VIP for 6 months costs, and if you pay it forward, someone else will be able to find the site later and do the same.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I believe that I started off my thread by acknowledging that this forum is a good cause. What I was refering to as benefits was things such as the ability to post a photo in your signature, have your VIP status in your avatar etc. I was not seeking any free stuff. If that was what I was about I would have just signed up as a VIP through the raffle thread to win the free Pan.
All that I wanted to do was move to the next level but (and I am not refering to you) there was one post to this thread so far that didn't seem to welcoming.:boohoo:and if that was not enough I notice that I received a red dot. I going to upgrade but I am not feeling the love so far

I probably know who you're taking about and I probably know why. For a lot of us this is a second home. A get away from work, from the screaming kids, ect ect... For new comers this is hard to understand and might be laughed at. But be around and be active for a few month and you would be amazed by the people you meet and their generosity. You will also realize you are doing the same thing. Thus a lot of people become defensive. There is a HUGE amount of comradery. Just something you just have to stick around and find out about

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Dammit! JC is the most straight up guy I have met on the Internet. No kidding!
He paid for you VIP. He did the same for me. He calls them like he sees them so don't take it personally.

JC7

15/6/10
Dammit! JC is the most straight up guy I have met on the Internet. No kidding!
He paid for you VIP. He did the same for me. He calls them like he sees them so don't take it personally.

;) don't start that Frig.. I can't even be a proper ass.

romulous

6/8/10
Don't cry... you posted what I thought to be a dumb question. This is a forum so I told you I thought it was stupid. We can't always expect positive feedback on all of our posts. Now wipe your tears... your VIP is on me 4LG098427N140301X.

I just want to say thanks to my very 1st of what I hope to be many new friends that I will make on RWI.

THANKS JC7 :):biglaugh:

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I just re-read what I had posted to see if I by chance I had written something that could be considered insulting,disrespectful or argumentative. All that I was able to see was the same dumb question that I prefaced as being a dumb question when I posted the tread.
I guess I must be more of a nube than I thought I was because I can't see the evil of my ways.
PLEASE share with me what it is that I said that so greatly offended you.

Just part of the fun....don't take it personal. This is just a place to hang out and a little hazing is always to be expected.

[P.S. Can someone give me some more green dots...I'm feeling a bit nooby......?]