• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Those of you wanting SA's but have small wrists ....

SL55

Horology Curious
20/2/11
Bud,there is one color of white SA dial,white.

It can have a subtle hue under low lighting conditions,but there is not different shades on any SA,it is milk white under normal lighting and all the same.

watcher69

23/11/09
Thanks, well then assuming you had a look at my pics, would you say mine is supposed to be the hurricane White? - which is really more silver?

If I purchase one of these gen White dials, is it something I could fit reasonably easily, or would I best to and it to someone like Smidsy here in the Uk?

;)

Bud,there is one color of white SA dial,white.

It can have a subtle hue under low lighting conditions,but there is not different shades on any SA,it is milk white under normal lighting and all the same.

Well as you can probaly see from my pics, that's not the case with the one I have.

SL55

Horology Curious
20/2/11
I don't have pictures off hand to show the differences but this is how it goes.

There is White- which is the one with kind of a dull, kind of off white look.

There is also Hurricane white- This is the more dynamic brighter white. Some people describe it as almost having a silverish hue to it.

Believe me, even a lot of people on the Breitling forums do not realize this till they end up buying one. Then they see the other shade in a picture or wrist and start posting about seeing a fake. Quite comical.

This only applies to the Super Avenger, as far as I know.

:lolcina:

This does not apply to the SA,the "hurricane white" as described above being the SA dial,milk white usually,with a silver tone,non milky tone under dark lighting.

The off white or cream white like found on gen Bentley "white dial" a different story.

Dave123.

Well as you can probaly see from my pics, that's not the case with the one I have.

Yes.

Now leave the closet you took those pics in,grab some sunlight and take more pics.

Normal SA dial bud,thats how they look,all of them.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
If you look at the Breitling website , you can build your own Super Avenger. It gives you a choice of a White dial, or a Hurricane white.

SL55

Horology Curious
20/2/11
Gen Bentley "white dial" and gen SA "white dial"...

P2270300.jpg

Gen SA "white dial" under lower lighting (still not dark lighting but all i have a pic of)...

P7170147.JPG

Under darker lighting i get a silver hue on the SA,its normal...

If you look at the Breitling website , you can build your own Super Avenger. It gives you a choice of a White dial, or a Hurricane white.

Well sure,i can build a pink dial SA with purple polka-dots and an emerald bezel. i thinks its been done actually...:cheer:

LOL,but as for gen standard dials,they do have a silver tone at times.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't think you're understanding me. I'm not talking about a custom watch. Breitling offers 2 different White shades as a dial choice. If you doubt me, go on the website and assemble your own Super avenger. You will see the dial choices I am talking about. Believe me, I am fairly knowledgeable about this particular model watch.

Is that your SA ? I was talking to my source. He has a diamond bezel like that from a watch he sold. I was considering it. Looks very nice with 1 row of diamonds.

watcher69

23/11/09
Your pics just emphasize more how mine is more silver than white regardless of exactly how bright the light is - I go outside into the bright sunlight, and I am still not looking at a pure white dial - it's light silver :/

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I completely understand the effect you are talking about. I've seen the comparison pics on the GEN Forums.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watcher69

23/11/09
Yeah I have looked at the options on the gen, and it confirms 2 types of white, although it's obviously not possible to tell the difference on their little interactive thing.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
No. That's why I did some poking around on other sites to see real life pics. I haven't found anything really good, but working on it.

darthvinh

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/3/10
i have a 7 inch wrist... would I be to fragile for a SA? maybe if i get the black dial it will look smaller. i can sport a hublot big bang and rolex dssd... what do u think?

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
DSSD's and HBB's are smaller and thinner than SA's...it's bigger in pretty much very dimension. It'll look like the picture in the first post in the thread.

watcher69

23/11/09
My wrist is 7.5", and I had some concerns that when mine arrived it might look OTT, but to me, the SA seems like a beautiful fit, the lugs sit almost perfectly on my wrist and when I look down at it face on, there still plenty of bracelet visible either side of the watch - i worried it would be all watch and look huge, but it doesnt :) a 7" wrist should still give you something simlar without it looking too big.