• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Those of you wanting SA's but have small wrists ....

Bigmarcelo

17/10/10
Blue SA on my 8" wrist... Wears smaller then the white dial one...

1003d501.jpg

12f85741.jpg

Heres the white dial SA

IMG_6258.jpg

Bigmarcelo

17/10/10
BM760, I think ou asked me a question regarding the breitling for bently 6.75 at RG ... I sourced it from King... I don't have it yet, as it went straight to Goin to get it serviced first... since its a movement which you can't swap for a swiss 7750, might as well get it serviced first just in case...

watcher69

23/11/09
Well my white SA arrived today from MR, and I have to say I'm now officially in love and converted to these bigger beasties! :) The SA just seems to be perfect for my 7.5" wrist, sure it's quite big and heavier, but it has major presence and class. Definitely selling my SOSF and Skyland Avenger now - I need room for another one of these in black I think!

Now one of these with a yellow face like my Seawolf would be bliss! :D

5ec2c793-a449-14c9.jpg

5ec2c793-a45d-339f.jpg

Bigmarcelo

17/10/10
After two weeks of wearing my new SA, wearing my blacksteel avenger today felt a bit small..... Need to see what impact this will have to wearing my much smaller rolex sub and GMT for size!!

watcher69

23/11/09
Been wearing my SA for the last 24hrs, and I notice in various lights how the dial isn't really as white as I expected! - seems almost like a metallic light grey or silver!? - it often photographs as very flat white, but it's not quite as flat/matte chalky white as I thought it would be - anybody else notice this? - is the gen the same in that regards?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Gen Breitling white is usually a bit creamy. I can't swear it's the same on the SA, though, as I've not really looked at the gen.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You are correct Level. It is a bit off white. Not really bright at all. When I did the comparison of the REP dial vs the GEN, that's the one thing that stood out.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
i wonder if a new super avenger is coming ! :)

watcher69

23/11/09
You are correct Level. It is a bit off white. Not really bright at all. When I did the comparison of the REP dial vs the GEN, that's the one thing that stood out.

Well mine isn't off white, it's more metallic - I swear it's like a pale silver!? - I'll take a load of pics.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't have pictures off hand to show the differences but this is how it goes.

There is White- which is the one with kind of a dull, kind of off white look.

There is also Hurricane white- This is the more dynamic brighter white. Some people describe it as almost having a silverish hue to it.

Believe me, even a lot of people on the Breitling forums do not realize this till they end up buying one. Then they see the other shade in a picture or wrist and start posting about seeing a fake. Quite comical.

This only applies to the Super Avenger, as far as I know.

watcher69

23/11/09
If you wouldnt mind taking a look at this flickr album I just uploaded:

SA - a set on Flickr

As you can see, in some more direct light it can appear quite white, but overall, almost every angle I turn this watch to, it's quite clearly more metallic silvery than a strong flat white, which is what I was expecting. For example, if you own or have seen many pics of a Yellow Seawolf, the dial is very matte yellow, and subsequently, it remains bold and is clearly a flat definite colour no matter which angle you see it, or even if in very low light. With this 'white' it's only 'almost' white at the right, well lit angle which is a bit disappointing really.

I just wondered if everyone's white faced reps looked like this one? - I see there are a couple of genuine dials (well I assume they are gen) on ebay which appear the flat chalky white I was expecting with this, but if they have been photographed in a light tent with full even bright white light, even they might look like this one!?

Just a bit flummoxed at the moment, because my expectation was different to what I have and I want to make sure it's not just that they ALL look this way, and they have just they been photographed with strong even bright light...

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
There is one seller based out of NY who sells all fakes on Ebay. I forgot the name but it has the word Ice in it.