• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The "Who Has the Best Hulk" Review

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I currently have a gen dial in my ARF and it doesn’t fit properly. I will take all case dial seat measurements when I receive a few more. Including noob v10, ARFv3, zzf latest batch and VSF. This will indicate the max dial size each case can handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have a gen dial but want to settle for a ZF dial? Why?

Also, can you explain what you mean by internal radius on the CF? I compared the ZF and CF and didn't see anything weird or off by the date window...

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
I currently have a gen dial in my ARF and it doesn’t fit properly. I will take all case dial seat measurements when I receive a few more. Including noob v10, ARFv3, zzf latest batch and VSF. This will indicate the max dial size each case can handle

I can confirm gen fits with VSF, VRF and ZZF cases. I don’t have ARF or ZF cases.

I have a reshaped VRF case from interaktiv and it works amazing but those aren’t available anymore.

mercurio007

I can confirm gen fits with VSF, VRF and ZZF cases. I don’t have ARF or ZF cases.

I have a reshaped VRF case from interaktiv and it works amazing but those aren’t available anymore.

this means that ZF dial does not fit to VSF case also

and the Clean dial should fit in VSF case, if Clean=ZZF right?

Reactions: KJ2020

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS

The clean dial will fit VSF.

But I said I haven’t tried the ZF case. So, I don’t know if it fits the VSF case. I’ll only be able to compare the dials in a few days once I’m back home.

Reactions: mercurio007

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

But I said I haven’t tried the ZF case. So, I don’t know if it fits the VSF case. I’ll only be able to compare the dials in a few days once I’m back home.

Can you give a quick impression on what you preferred between ZF and CF? Not many people handled both in hand and I'm wondering if anyone else who did prefers the CF like I do.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
No I have a gen LN sub dial in ARF case not gen hulk dial, but they are obviously the same size.

The internal dial seat is the machined diameter under the rehaut where the dial sits in the case. Different factories machine this differently sometimes depending on their own dial size, it can 0.10 different in sone cases hence why some dials were not interchangeable without shaving.

mercurio007

the original 116610 dial is 27.35 mm

jhcHmt.png

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Why would someone that owned the gen pay this price for a dial anyway…. They can just get a new dial when serviced by rolex for FA lol.

Reactions: KJ2020

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
My Gen dial cost me $2,500 from Chrono24 for those interested.. I bought it two weeks ago. I agree it ludicrous how prices are crazy high but sometimes you find good sellers who don’t want to make (too) much profit.

My gen bezel was $1,800z I missed out of one a bit cheaper a few months ago which I’m still ticked off about!

This franken biz is not cheap. But I disagree with those that think it’s silly. They are discontinued parts that will increase in value.

Reactions: Kalev007

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Why would someone that owned the gen pay this price for a dial anyway…. They can just get a new dial when serviced by rolex for FA lol.

They will get charged the full price for the new dial while RSC keeps the old one. The same happens with Datejusts