• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The watches that you modded / worked on personally

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Just dropped some Gen hands in.

Gen dial, hands, crown, insert,date
JF bezel
EBay case
VRF sub bracelet
Stupid gmt bi direction click spring was always soft and mushy feeling, even tried bending it a little, so went with a sub spring and much happier.

Last edited:

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Just dropped some Gen hands in.

Gen dial, hands, crown, insert,date
JF bezel
EBay case
VRF sub bracelet
Stupid gmt bi direction click spring was always soft and mushy feeling, even tried bending it a little, so went with a sub spring and much happier.
this looks fantastic.
I am still too timid to touch gen parts yet 👀

Reactions: APjumbo

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I did a couple of things to this one

KY2OI8.jpeg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
A recent spray mod. This came out out great, the most uniform and even fill I've done. Excess paint was removed by hand with thinner on a taut soft cloth. Special attention given to the triangle with a razor blade. It's challenging but not impossible to prevent ANY contact of the thinner cloth with the fill inside the cutouts, especially at the triangle. Thinner contact will dull the fill and ruin the effort. Though it is usually possible to redo just a damaged cutout by taping off everything else.

I repainted and relumed the hands on this one too as they were off a shade.

HEvaap.jpeg

HEv9ks.jpeg

HEv1Y3.jpeg

HEvyzn.jpeg

HEvOvE.jpeg

HEvqAt.jpeg

HEvip5.jpeg

17023174938530.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I really liked the first one of these San Martins I modded so I did another one. San Martins are amazing quality for the price.

17077747823041.jpg

The second dial came with some crooked 12 and 6 markers (arghh) but I reset them. I tried some different hands on the second one but didn't like any so I used the same ones.

Krlo3D.jpeg

Krli7Y.jpeg

KrlIwo.jpeg

Reactions: Geonor