• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The watches that you modded / worked on personally

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Swapped movements from broken black dial to the white dial. Took hours to get the hands on for Christ's sake. Watches afterwards I mangled the hands so I consider myself lucky.

dsGs3.jpg

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Playing around with a cheapie 116660. The datewheel and date window do not seem to be on speaking terms...

" Pinion Minion - a guy who has never met a red sweep hand he didn't like..."

Reactions: KJ2020 and Hor-Fan

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I bought this piece intending to just add wings. I never liked the 'B' logo on the dial, it's such a disappointment to me by comparison. Then when I had it apart I saw the tutorial on fixing the sunken datewheel so I did that. Also repainted the chrono seconds hand a darker shade of red.

Before
K5dh38.jpeg

After
KqaXnI.jpeg

KqawZX.jpeg

Kqadsc.jpeg

The datewheel mod involves cutting away part of the 3 o'clock subdial gear and gluing part of it back to hold the hand. Then you can glue on a second datewheel (or the original on top of another one) and raise it up quite a bit. I added some more spacers to make it even higher, though I've been told that isn't always needed.
KWAxzJ.jpeg

KWAfGY.jpeg

KWARps.jpeg

KWAJYP.jpeg

KWAszt.jpeg

KWAGLD.jpeg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
15,30,45 more bold? Maybe lume pip lightened but thinking lighting so going with just the cardinal bezel markers. Crown guard pin looks to have been removed so maybe different width crown. Wisedennis is probably correct with lume work....
No, more obvious than that, hehe.

It's right in front of your nose. Not the strap.

16599800664240.jpg

16629374886381.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wisedennis

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have been meaning to make an appointment at Costco for some new glasses. I might need to bump it up on the priority list :)
Hint: In bright sun there was an element that was obnoxiously prominent. So much so that it became an eye drawing eyesore to the detriment of even liking the piece. We all have our pet peeves, I know I know.

Reactions: wisedennis