• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

xideasx

Horology Curious
1/10/22
I bought a 114060 VSF this month (NEW K25 batch with the VS3130 movement) from Eric @ geektime. he's not an TD here but anyway...

It had a problem were every couple of hours it would just stop working even with a full power reserve. I had to shake it with force to get it to start working again. Multiple people told me they had the same issue with their NEW VSF subs. Wondering if it could be the result of the post-raid factory making movements that are not as reliable as they once were. It could just be debris clogging things up. Maybe I'm just 1/100 this happened too but I honestly doubt it

Cosmetically the watch is stunning

I sent it for a service

Here's a picture of the watch for anyone interested:

Reactions: mcboom

Proven

Horology Curious
17/1/13
Hi guys - it's been 9 years since I've used this forum and 9 yeas since I bought my last rep! But I'm back and would really appreciate the trained input of your eyes on the QC pics I've just received. First vsf two tone sub I was sent pics of had pearl fractionally out of place (easy to spot and suprised given all the positive feedback I've read about vsf reps) so I'd be grateful for your input on this one to see if there's anything I've overlooked? Thoughts? Thanks.

staff edit: QC pics removed, please read the forum rules regarding QC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Hi guys - it's been 9 years since I've used this forum and 9 yeas since I bought my last rep! But I'm back and would really appreciate the trained input of your eyes on the QC pics I've just received. First vsf two tone sub I was sent pics of had pearl fractionally out of place (easy to spot and suprised given all the positive feedback I've read about vsf reps) so I'd be grateful for your input on this one to see if there's anything I've overlooked? Thoughts? Thanks

For someone who's been here 9 years you should be well acquianted with the rules by now

Reactions: dudewhatzup

Proven

Horology Curious
17/1/13
For someone who's been here 9 years you should be well acquianted with the rules by now
Hi Fervid - sorry if I've broken rules. Please let me know how, I'll undo and not re-do.

Just to be clear... pretty much a nine year hiatus since my 2013 purchases so sorry if I've b@llsed up.

Sagebrush

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/22
I recently purchased a VSF 126610LV. While I wait for it to arrive, I was wondering how "safe" it is to use the rotating bezel. I time stuff with my gens a lot but didn't know how fragile or prone to failure the VSF 126610 bezels are. Appreciate your opinions and advice on this

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I recently purchased a VSF 126610LV. While I wait for it to arrive, I was wondering how "safe" it is to use the rotating bezel. I time stuff with my gens a lot but didn't know how fragile or prone to failure the VSF 126610 bezels are. Appreciate your opinions and advice on this
Very safe. VSF sub bezels are sturdy and have a nice action. I use mine to time stuff all the time.

Reactions: AG91 and Sagebrush

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
VSF is same bezel action as gen, you won't be able to distinguish the difference.

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Haha has anyone got photos of the Cookie Monster? How is the blue. Don’t really mind that it usually is white gold.

Haha in with a practical watch why would one prefer a heavier more easy scratched material anyways? 😂

Liam F

Known Member
17/5/20
The VSF 126610 Bezel is not great in comparison to the 116610. I would not mess with it to much as you will break it !!

The 126610 often has lots of play in it from the factoryand the Hytrel gasket's are prone to failure.

The replacement hytrel gasket sare also not as you have to stretch an 116610 gasket to fit. Also the original Rolex one will not work as the machining detail in the VSF 126610 is not 1:1 with the original.

People have fixed the above issue using fishing line but it is a mess and nota long term solution.

In my opinion this is the worst part of the 126610 watch (along with the unreliable 3265 movement) I sold mine for spares and switched back to the 116610 which is rock solid.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It's your luck how well the bezel gasket is fitted. Statements like the VSF126 bezel is better than the bezel on the VSF116 is just not true and misleading for any newbies reading the thread. This may be a conclusion to draw from the 2 examples you've had experience with but it's not a general rule of thumb.

Fact is sometimes the bezel gasket is not pressed on properly and there is no quaility control to catch it.

My VSF116610LV had a springy bezel before I fixed it (now its too tight) but my VSF126 was perfect.. therefore should I say that the 126 bezel is better than the 116? No.. it was my bad luck.