• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

dankahn63

Known Member
22/7/19
What are the differences between the vsf 116610LN s19 serial and s29. I can’t seem to find any info as I want to pull the trigger on 1. Also put out a wanted AD as I really want the pre raid s19 but if there is no difference in the watch other than the serial I will just get the s29. Cheers in advance

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
What are the differences between the vsf 116610LN s19 serial and s29. I can’t seem to find any info as I want to pull the trigger on 1. Also put out a wanted AD as I really want the pre raid s19 but if there is no difference in the watch other than the serial I will just get the s29. Cheers in advance
Just buy one you're overthinking it

Reactions: Perpetual

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
My new VSF submariner no date has a bezel that has a slight vertikal play. Is that normal? It's like less than a mm but you can push it slightly down. Small hap between Bezel and case...

If it is not normal. What can I do?

gensc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/22
My new VSF submariner no date has a bezel that has a slight vertikal play. Is that normal? It's like less than a mm but you can push it slightly down. Small hap between Bezel and case...

Perfectly normal, gens do it too. The ceramic bezel sits on 3 spring loaded ball bearings. A significant amount however can indicate a poorly seated bezel.

Reactions: Goldsimba1989

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Ever so very slight vertical play caused by the bezel springs is normal. It's obvios when you are presing it that it's the spring.
However, if the play is any more than hairs width then most likely the hytrel ring (bezel gasket) is not seated properly. Sadly, if you try to improve it chances are you'll make it worse - too loose or too tight.

My 116610LV bezel is now too tight.. this is how I know!

Reactions: Goldsimba1989

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
On recent batches I noticed a little play/gap on SELs, is it normal and within gen tolerances? I got a pre-raid that was very solid/no play

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I recently got the S39 VSF Hulk (I used to have a S19), and yes, the dial color is a lot better, the "laser effect" is at a minimum, the green is deeper, but I also compared it with my 126610 and the brushing is finer, the color of the steel is warmer, a whole lot better in my opinion, very beautiful. I was wondering if some silent upgrades have happened also with the 126610 model.

Proven

Horology Curious
17/1/13
So I have my “vsf sub 41mm TWOTONE and BLACK DIAL vs3235 904l” from Sead and it turns out I am awful at taking pictures on my phone so here’s one that required no skill just so I can add some visual interest to a mundane question about watch weight…

It feels surprisingly light. I appreciate a rep is not going to match a gen weight when gold is involved but this feels light regardless. I am used to wearing my IWC Pilot watch day-to-day which weighs in at 190g and it feels like their is some mass to it when moving about.

This sub, with two links removed, is 149g but feels anonymous on my wrist (not a bad thing many might say) but just handling it, at that weight, it feel a bit faux.

I’m interested to know what others think about the weight of theirs, whether it’s comparable is weight and in particular anyone with a two tone sub.

Thanks.

P.S. proper pics for everyone’s appraisal hopefully tomorrow when I’ve mastered the camera on my iPotato

Reactions: dieguezzz and AG91

dankahn63

Known Member
22/7/19
So I just found a s19 serial vsf 116619LN but from reading threads now I’m getting mixed info. Is there any difference in the watch itself other than the serial being s19 or s29 or s39. From my understanding it’s just batch numbers and the s19 is superior because after vsf raid that’s when s29 came out

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
So I just found a s19 serial vsf 116619LN but from reading threads now I’m getting mixed info. Is there any difference in the watch itself other than the serial being s19 or s29 or s39. From my understanding it’s just batch numbers and the s19 is superior because after vsf raid that’s when s29 came out
Here is my understanding:

Let's take a VSF employee, lets called her Xi.

Xi arrives at work and gets ready for her shift. She goes over to area where they keep the big boxes of parts and grabs some trays of bits and goes back to her work station.
She got a tray with 100 pips, a tray with 20 cases, a box with 12 S19 movements, a box with 100 dials and a box with 1000's of hands..
Xi builds some watches before lunch. and couple more after. She has run out of cases so she goes to collect some more. While she was away busy, some new cases arrrived, these new ones had S39 on the rehaut. they just got put in the ame box as the S19's. Xi cares not.
Xi grabs some more cases with S39 and continues to make more watches with the parts she has on her desk.

Later, a forumite who does not understand how it works gets all confused becuase he thinks a case with S39 should have the new or old style pip or this or that. But there was never any rule about how case goes with the old style or the new better 3d hands in the first place. Xi was just one of a team of emplyeees throwing whatches together with whatever the boss has put in the parts bins from wherever he has managed to score parts form wherever has not been shut down by the cops.

Maybe im wrong, and the R&D team sat around the board meeting table brainstorming at VSF have strict rules about what parts go with which edition of serial number, and a system like the Porsche factory, with specific parts arriving at each workstation and marrying up with each car on the line on time delivered by robots who keep track on the supply and build process with help from a huge live database computer.. etc.

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Just ordered a Hulk and he said „ the new batch stock VSF 116610 are with K25 serial starting now“ and no longer S39….

Do you guys know anything? Haha asked for a S39 and now a bit surprised that it doesn’t even start with S 😄

Reactions: AnakinSkywalker823