• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Whatever mate, if you think you got the recent color; you got the recent color my man!
You’re right I don’t know anything more than you about it, only what I’ve heard or been told. Of course my dealer wouldn’t lie about something like that. 🤣

Kingo

Horology Curious
18/4/24
Guys, what do you think about replacing the 126610LV VSF bezel with the Gen MK1 bezel? Is it worth the investment or would you buy another Gen part first?

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Guys, what do you think about replacing the 126610LV VSF bezel with the Gen MK1 bezel? Is it worth the investment or would you buy another Gen part first?
Unless you’re going to Frankenstein the movement I’d buy a couple of new reps before buy anything for the 126610LV. That rep is good ootb.👍👍

Replicated

Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
NL 🇳🇱
The Submariner is good enough out of the box. You could upgrade the crystal to begin with.

If you get a watch with a sunburst dial, I would upgrade that immediately.

Kingo

Horology Curious
18/4/24
The Submariner is good enough out of the box. You could upgrade the crystal to begin with.

If you get a watch with a sunburst dial, I would upgrade that immediately.
Can I ask what you mean with sunburst dial? Is that something that sometimes is on a rep submariner?

Saxum

Looking Around
30/4/24
Since there are apparently now vsf vs3230 movements appearing in some watches do you guys believe there will be a new version of the vsf 124060 soon? Asking since im currently torn between ordering the cf and vsf like so many others. and a true no date would move the needle for me towards the vsf

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Can I ask what you mean with sunburst dial? Is that something that sometimes is on a rep submariner?
The bluesy 126613LB two tone and the Hulk 116610LV dials have brush strokes that radiate out from the center giving it the appearance of a sun and are a couple of the submariner examples that come to mind. My eyes are crap so I can’t see the brush strokes on some dials but that’s what is meant by sunburst dial.

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Yes but what do you mean? What is a „sunburst dial“ and why is it bad?
It’s nothing bad. It is just harder for Rep factories to produce a decent sunburst dial and therefore these dials tend to look more different vs. the Gen.

Example of a sunburst dial comparison on a Hulk (stolen from the internet):
KPdJpc.jpeg

Reactions: leo6929

makoberry

Known Member
13/8/09
Since there are apparently now vsf vs3230 movements appearing in some watches do you guys believe there will be a new version of the vsf 124060 soon? Asking since im currently torn between ordering the cf and vsf like so many others. and a true no date would move the needle for me towards the vsf

Go for the VSF 114060 – its one of the hall-of-fame best reps ever in my opinion. The differences to 124060 are so minuscule that its almost ridiculous.

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
It’s nothing bad. It is just harder for Rep factories to produce a decent sunburst dial and therefore these dials tend to look more different vs. the Gen.

Example of a sunburst dial comparison on a Hulk (stolen from the internet):
KPdJpc.jpeg
which based on this pic taken in different light conditions is nothing but fugazi :D
the new rep dials are incredibly good

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
which based on this pic taken in different light conditions is nothing but fugazi :D
the new rep dials are incredibly good
Fully with you - just wanted to make sure @Kingo gets the idea of what a sunburst dial is and why this could be a tell on a rep ;) Not judging... Not even sure what factory the comparison photo is supposed to show ;)

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Fully with you - just wanted to make sure @Kingo gets the idea of what a sunburst dial is and why this could be a tell on a rep ;) Not judging... Not even sure what factory the comparison photo is supposed to show ;)
yessir
the sunburst and overall of the ie. zzf (made by clean to them) makes it literally a nwbig category :D

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Until parts become available for the vs3235 there’s only a couple of reasons to buy the vsf41mm reps. The 40mm watches are only about 1/3 mm smaller than their 41mm counterparts