• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

johnnyjringo

I’m your huckleberry
Supporter
17/3/06
Tejas
I have used my 126610 as a daily since begining of 2021 and its holding up verry good.(i serviced the movment when i got it though) Its little scratch up here and there But What to expect from a daily driver :) still love it verry mutch
Wow that does look great! Have you polished it at all?

RollieHunter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/19
Hi all,
In rgds to the 126610LV,
Can I assume the 2R serial batches is V1 and Q6 serial batches is V2?
May I know the main differences between the 2?
Thank you

Timsiii

Horology Curious
26/1/24
Sweden
Hi guys,
I’m about to purchase my first rep but have a few questions to all you more experienced RWI mates here.
I’m looking at the 126610 LV Starbucks, both Clean & VSF version. What I’ve been able to read on these threads on RWI is that Clean is a better version for details and VSF for crystal & movement. In the best of worlds a combination of both would be awesome but that’s not on the table right now. Even some TDs that I’ve been talking to says that clean is the better option for details and if you’re about to mod it, like switching crystal & or date wheel.

But, what I can read on this thread is that most people like the VSF way better than Clean regarding the Submariners.

- If I buy a stock rep, which in your opinion is the best rep?
- If I have in mid to do some mods, like switching crystal and or date wheel, is the Clean good enough or is the lack in movement a minus?
- Is the crystal on VSF clear enough or is it worth switching to a deep crystal? I haven’t been able to see comparison photos on the sub here, only on a GMT Pepsi.

Appreciate if someone would take time to answer:)

Thanks, Tim

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hi guys,
I’m about to purchase my first rep but have a few questions to all you more experienced RWI mates here.
I’m looking at the 126610 LV Starbucks, both Clean & VSF version. What I’ve been able to read on these threads on RWI is that Clean is a better version for details and VSF for crystal & movement. In the best of worlds a combination of both would be awesome but that’s not on the table right now. Even some TDs that I’ve been talking to says that clean is the better option for details and if you’re about to mod it, like switching crystal & or date wheel.

But, what I can read on this thread is that most people like the VSF way better than Clean regarding the Submariners.

- If I buy a stock rep, which in your opinion is the best rep?
- If I have in mid to do some mods, like switching crystal and or date wheel, is the Clean good enough or is the lack in movement a minus?
- Is the crystal on VSF clear enough or is it worth switching to a deep crystal? I haven’t been able to see comparison photos on the sub here, only on a GMT Pepsi.

Appreciate if someone would take time to answer:)

Thanks, Tim
Go for a vsf. You will not be disipointed, trust me. Its so close to gen you can come. And a amazing movment.

dragon07

7/6/20

Herkese merhaba, 1 yıldır sorunsuz kullandığım 114060 vsf saatimi duvara çarptım. İnci kırıldı. Çerçeve halkasını nereden satın alabilirim ve değiştirebilirim?

dragon07

7/6/20

Herkese merhaba, 1 yıldır sorunsuz kullandığım 114060 vsf saatimi duvara çarptım. İnci kırıldı. Çerçeve halkasını nereden satın alabilirim ve değiştirebilirim?

Hello everyone, I crashed my 114060 vsf watch, which I have been using for 1 year without any problems, against the wall. The pearl broke. Where can I buy and replace the bezel ring?

suffolkdiver

16/2/24
UK

Pearl is separate from the bezel

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)

makoberry

13/8/09
Hello guys, I'm trying to figure out what are the main flaws of VSF Sub No date (black) and why it's a Super Rep and not a NWBIG, while the date version (always from VSF) is a true NWBIG. Anyone can help?

As far as I know, there are no obvious tells on the VSF No-date 114060, except that the hands are made of polished steel and not white gold. You need to be an expert to spot that.

The 'floating m' is a variation that also exists in some of the older generations. The same applies to QC issues such as SEL height/gaps and rehaut alignment. If you visit Chrono24, you will find plenty of genuine Submariners with the same issues.

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
Anyone heard about VSF updating the Starbucks bezel to the 2023 color?
Ive been asking around too, and no body knows in the forums. Ive asked my TD and he hasn't replied back. For now I didn't think it is with the latest color bezel (2023)

findingtime384

12/4/24
Florida
As far as I know, there are no obvious tells on the VSF No-date 114060, except that the hands are made of polished steel and not white gold. You need to be an expert to spot that.

The 'floating m' is a variation that also exists in some of the older generations. The same applies to QC issues such as SEL height/gaps and rehaut alignment. If you visit Chrono24, you will find plenty of genuine Submariners with the same issues.
Those gen Subs on chrono24 are probably VSF! Hahaha

Reactions: Endez

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
I don't know if this has been discussed but the problem I see with VSF is the case milling on the back where the SEL's fit in. There are what appear to be CNC pilot holes visible in the corners, which is from over travel of the milling bit. And when this occurs there is usually a big gap from the back of the SEL to the case. Sometimes it's in all four corners, sometimes one, two, three corners. To me this is unacceptable considering cheap Canal St subs don't even have this issue. I have a VSF 126610LN on order with one of our TD's and I'm rejecting QC pics because of this. It's case by case, no pun intended, so eventually one will be good, but I'm really surprised they don't fix this issue for all production.

Once you see it you can't unsee it. Perfect example of this:

Reactions: AllanV

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
VSF 124060 Power Reserve
From fully wound and untouched til it stopped 54hrs 43mins 41sec
Not bad but quite a way off 72hrs.

Just thought this may be of interest to some?.