• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Robsen

I’ve been replaced by a box.
Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
I seem to buy and sell vsf subs esp Starbucks more any watch, but having bought another I can see why they are so popular. Still one of the best out the box in our great hobby 👌

stijnd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
15/6/13
Lately seeing the 2R9 serials coming back on the starbucks, anyone knows what the difference is with the Q66 ?

makoberry

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/09
Still no news on the VSF 124060 no-date without a ghost date position? I read somewhere that it would be released after CNY?

Pegaci83

Horology Curious
29/1/24
I seem to buy and sell vsf subs esp Starbucks more any watch, but having bought another I can see why they are so popular. Still one of the best out the box in our great hobby 👌

like mine... but mine has a noisy rotor... Does yours make any noise?

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
No etched crown? Just received my VSF 124060 from JTime and for the life of me can’t see the etched crown, I’m using a 10X loupe and I know from previous experience that sometimes it can be hard to see but I’m pretty sure my crystal doesn’t have one? Thoughts anyone?.

Replicated

Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
NL 🇳🇱
No etched crown? Just received my VSF 124060 from JTime and for the life of me can’t see the etched crown, I’m using a 10X loupe and I know from previous experience that sometimes it can be hard to see but I’m pretty sure my crystal doesn’t have one? Thoughts anyone?.
Get your phone out at turn on your flashlight. Shine your light on the side of the crystal, it is hardly visible. Just like original.

johnnyjringo

I’m your huckleberry
Supporter
17/3/06
Tejas
I’ve also gotta say I’ve been into reps for quite some time now but Been out the loop for a while and this thing has blown me away… and I own a Gen!!
Same boat here. These things are amazing. Sounds like they’re holding up to daily wear pretty well… I’ve only been wearing mine a couple weeks but bracelet still looks new.
Has anyone been daily wearing one for more than a year?
My VSF seems to run a little fast… like +15 sec/day but resetting the time every few days is a pretty small inconvenience until I can get it better regulated.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Same boat here. These things are amazing. Sounds like they’re holding up to daily wear pretty well… I’ve only been wearing mine a couple weeks but bracelet still looks new.
Has anyone been daily wearing one for more than a year?
My VSF seems to run a little fast… like +15 sec/day but resetting the time every few days is a pretty small inconvenience until I can get it better regulated.
I have used my 126610 as a daily since begining of 2021 and its holding up verry good.(i serviced the movment when i got it though) Its little scratch up here and there But What to expect from a daily driver :) still love it verry mutch

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
23/11/23
UK
VSF gentlemen and gentle ladies, not a QC request per se as I know that we don’t do that here and ultimately it’s my decision, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced the ‘shadow / off centre lume pip’ during QC? I’ve searched a few threads, and have seen that this happens in gen too (cue pic below), so I wondered if it is actually a thing on some VSFs or just lighting / mind trickery?

Coming from Omegas I’m used to crooked 12 SpongeBob teeth, but for subs my eyes are relatively untrained and drawn to the pip.

QC pic - off centre lume pip, missing paint, or a shadow? (same effect is present from different angles but I don’t want to spam here):

Comparative QC (different watch, same model reference):

Gen:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
It´s the angle of the pic. To compare, ask for pictures of the watch upside down. Even in real life light is difficult to tell so I turn my watches this way just to be proven wrong regarding parts that seem off...

• Love
Reactions: Jackster and Snooky

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I know it’s vanilla but just had to post one pic of my 1 day old Sub, gained 1 Second over night! 😉 Love it!
😊
Full-Size-Render.jpg