• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

sludd

Horology Curious
11/10/19
Does anyone know if the CF black bezel would fit the ice blue 116506? For some reason the brown bezel just doesn't suit my eye. I know this would produce a watch that isn't in production by Rolex but I fancy trying it.

Reactions: Essray

Johnnyjohnny77

Horology Curious
27/3/20
Excuse me I read that intimate has the new daytona 116503 tt .. what defects does it have? What corrections can I do to make it pleasant without exaggerating economically?
Only the noob has the working chrono and arf didn't make this model.. so I ask you if the crown, the crystal and the arf bracelet doesn't make it what can I do?.

tom_h

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/20
amazing write up. thank you so very much.

If you want to go the extra mile you can add the following parts to your noob base:
  • ARF Dial (50€ - 100€)
  • CF Bezel (120€)
  • ARF bracelet + clasp (optional, 150€)
Is it possible to buy ARF individual pieces?
i thought one would have to buy the ARF watch to get the best bits.

why are ARF dial and ARF bracelet individually priced in your guide?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
amazing write up. thank you so very much.
[/LIST] Is it possible to buy ARF individual pieces?
i thought one would have to buy the ARF watch to get the best bits.

why are ARF dial and ARF bracelet individually priced in your guide?

It was possible to buy ARF pieces (Dial, bezel) separately but not anymore. Those pieces can be found in m2m sometimes. ARF bracelet can still be bought separately.

ftieu

Known Member
27/3/20
Do you mind explaining the reason on why you would recommend replacing the chrono wheel for the noob 116500 variant?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Do you mind explaining the reason on why you would recommend replacing the chrono wheel for the noob 116500 variant?

You should only do that if you’re using gen hands.

tom_h

15/2/20
is there anyone providing a service to do everything to make the perfect daytona rep (as you explained)?

i bet there are many people on here willing to pay an extra $300+ (myself included) for someone else to do all the sending/receiving/chasing up.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
is there anyone providing a service to do everything to make the perfect daytona rep (as you explained)?

i bet there are many people on here willing to pay an extra $300+ (myself included) for someone else to do all the sending/receiving/chasing up.

That’s a) lazy and b) asking someone else to take the time/risk burden of successfully sourcing all the parts. I doubt you’ll find anyone prepared to do it on your behalf.

However, it’s already (in part, at least) covered by the M2M sale section. Keep an eye out and you can pick up what you’ve been dreaming of, built by someone else, and usually for not a lot more than it cost them to build it... because the modders and enthusiasts here actually enjoy the whole process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom_h

15/2/20
silly to call it lazy.
some people may not have the time to do it and are willing to pay someone else for their time.

its like saying people using the postal service are lazy because they can hand deliver their letter themselves :rolleyes:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
silly to call it lazy.
some people may not have the time to do it and are willing to pay someone else for their time.
Meh, sounds lazy to me. I have a full-time job, but still find time to browse the internet and click "buy" on stuff.

its like saying people using the postal service are lazy because they can hand deliver their letter themselves :rolleyes:
No, it's not.

mjt42

Horology Curious
29/12/14
Just purchased a Noob v3 116500. Incredible piece but found it too small.. May sell in the near future....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Fab87pz

2/8/18
Great thread!! I have a 116520 that is a mix of Noob and arf and I am very happy with that!