• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

contender09

Horology Curious
18/12/13
@dsu Here is a picture that shows the difference between the CF and BT crystal. The dial in both watches is a BT V2 dial. I've read some members say that the BT crystals are too clear and not gen-like so take that into account.

Left is CF crystal and right is BT crystal.

zqwRdS.jpg
i think the BT crystal looks better in this picture. where did you get the crystal from?

contender09

Horology Curious
18/12/13
I think i'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy the CF 116500 black dial and just wear it ootb. Nobody is gonna be looking at my watch with a microscope anyway. After a while i'll start to buy parts for it and start modding it, But I feel from what I have learned from the forum and what I have seen in this posting, Ill be more than satisfied with CF.

Orthopod

Heal with Steel
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
Southeast USA
I think i'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy the CF 116500 black dial and just wear it ootb. Nobody is gonna be looking at my watch with a microscope anyway. After a while i'll start to buy parts for it and start modding it, But I feel from what I have learned from the forum and what I have seen in this posting, Ill be more than satisfied with CF.
Why not the 126500?

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
I have the CF panda and I'm more than happy after a deep xtal swap

Reactions: contender09

contender09

Horology Curious
18/12/13
Why not the 126500?
To be honest from all the photos i've seen of both iterations, I personally think the 116500 has the better looking dial ( I could be wrong). But as everyone has said on here, everything is subjective and comes down to to the buyer and what they see and I like.

Reactions: Orthopod and mcboom

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
To be honest from all the photos i've seen of both iterations, I personally think the 116500 has the better looking dial ( I could be wrong). But as everyone has said on here, everything is subjective and comes down to to the buyer and what they see and I like.
I prefer the overall look of the 116500 as well

Reactions: contender09

contender09

Horology Curious
18/12/13
I prefer the overall look of the 116500 as well
me too. The 126500 sub dials are smooth where as the 116500 has those " lines or ridges " within. them which i feel is more authentic looking and gives the dial more texture.

Reactions: mcboom