• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The RWI Running Club

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi you all ... seems everybody's dead here ?
@trb1971 / @mincus8 / @FiloViridae / @pdw1 / @bkg / @Ubahn / @Jeane123 / @Maron / @Aaron97 / @atgm
Did all the members stopped running or nobody's sharing training plans and/or results anymore ?

To keep you all informed about my own pratice ... after my spine neurosurgery last January I must say I still cant run because of neurophatic pains.
So I'm on an antiepileptic tretment to try to cure those pains.
But I begun swimming again, almost 2kms last WE.
I hope I will be able to hike again next September and run again on January ... will let you know.

Aaron97

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/16
@trb1971 / @mincus8 / @FiloViridae / @pdw1 / @bkg / @Ubahn / @Jeane123 / @Maron / @Aaron97 / @atgm
Did all the members stopped running or nobody's sharing training plans and/or results anymore ?

To keep you all informed about my own pratice ... after my spine neurosurgery last January I must say I still cant run because of neurophatic pains.
I hope I will be able to hike again next September and run again on January ... will let you know.
I'm still here. In fact, I just started jogging again yesterday. I was doing really well during my 10K training, but I pushed too hard. I had my 10K practice time down to 80 minutes, but two weeks before the event, I tore something in my left upper hip area and for the past few months I have been barely able to lift my leg. So I am taking it slow. Plus with a 5 month break, I'm starting back at zero.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Ahh I still run, yet record next to nothing as I hate carrying my big ass phone lol And it's been near 100, so I have been picking the treadmill to run on most days. I live on the border of a really bad area, running at night is not THE best idea. Usually it's okay, but I'd rather be safe, then sorry lol

I know my man @Jeane123 has been absolutely killing it though!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15
Ahh I still run, yet record next to nothing as I hate carrying my big ass phone lol And it's been near 100, so I have been picking the treadmill to run on most days. I live on the border of a really bad area, running at night is not THE best idea. Usually it's okay, but I'd rather be safe, then sorry lol

I know my man @Jeane123 has been absolutely killing it though!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Yeah thanks man! I actually got my ass off the couch and started :) I have however been using runtastic vs the Strava we setup originally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15

I wish you a speedy recovery man!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Tha
I wish you a speedy recovery man!

Thanks ... should take some more months but I feel better every week so I'm really optimistic

trb1971

3/6/15

Hi mate and good to hear you are on the mend albeit slowly. I'm still here and still running. It sort of went quiet when the forum went a bit wobbly for a while before they changed it all.

But I'm currently training hard for the gasparilla races in Tampa in Feb 2018. So I'm still around here too when I can

mincus8

29/10/14

Hey Mano,

I am still here. I hope your recovery is going well and your on the mend.

Well I recently completed my 2nd ever marathon in Richmond, Virginia a couple of weeks ago. I ran 3:02:12 which is a PB by 1:11 seconds. This marathon I actually took a bathroom break at roughly 3km in which I stopped for 35 seconds included in that time and I had to walk at the 41st km because EVERYTHING hurt!

Below are my rough splits per 5km segment

5km - 21:15 (included 35 second broom break)
5 - 10km - 21:08
10-15km - 20:59
15-20km - 20:55
20-25km - 20:59
25-30km - 21:01
30-35km - 21:45
35-40km - 23:28
40-42.25km - 10:45 -

I kind of fell apart at 35km but at least I know where I need to focus on in my training. This training cycle I didn't not run as much volume due to right hip flexor issues so I cut back on my easy runs and did not miss one tempo / interval workout or long run.

I maxed out at 103km in week 5 and didn't go above that in the 7 weeks that followed.

A key long run was in week 8 where I ran 20.50 km (1:42:30) at an easy pace (5:00 km) and I literally joined the start of a 10km race at that point and covered it in 40:17 (it was pre-planned). That run gave me confidence for running fast on tired legs which is crucial for my marathon success. So total was 30.50km for the day.

My plan now is rest and then on to 2018!

Sent from the RWI App