• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The pilworx Penultimate Platinumizing Procedure

Badge1311

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/15
Eventually got round to doing this mod. Looks better than I expected when i was doing it, i wasn't expecting a good job so didnt take pictures during but got a couple of the finished product and quite happy with it. I may need to do the triangle at 12 again but apart from that im happy. Thanks for this amazing guide and thanks to RWI for creating a place to share things like this!! Onto the pics!

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
I had been thinking about doing this mod to my DSSD Deep Blue but figured I'd screw up the pearl trying to get it out. JAFO tends to break watches when he works on them, it's a curse. Lo and behold my pearl jumps out today and I did not lose it. So I gently pried out the insert and now I'm gonna go get the paint and do this mod. If by some miracle I actually pull this off without setting my insert on fire or screwing up the keyless (yes, I know you can't jack the keyless by painting the insert but you don't know me lol) I'll post pics here. Somebody say a prayer to Baby Jesus that I don't screw this up...

JAFO

16/10/13
Ok so I went and got all my pilworx approved supplies and cleaned my insert and mixed my paint per his kick ass instructions. Then I proceeded to apply the paint. Ok, so I made a mess lol. And I was absolutely certain the engravings were gonna stay full and what the hell the paint ain't sparkly or bright at all!! Well, that's because it takes a few minutes to start drying and if I wasn't an idiot I would have thought of that. And as the master platinerizer said - the thinner starts evaporating really quickly. Here's a shot of it just a few minutes in:

image.jpg

Told ya I made a mess. Oh well, I figure a little is good then a lot is a hell of a lot better. Until tomorrow when I have to scrape it all off.

JAFO

16/10/13
Another crappy iPhone 6 pic but you can see it a little better here:

image.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Neeto-Bandito [MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION]

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
razor blade should make it easy

JAFO

16/10/13
razor blade should make it easy

You forget - this is JAFO you're talking to. I will:

A. Cut myself and bleed all over the place

B. Be the first mofo on the planet to wreck a ceramic insert by gently scraping it.

So cross your fingers, gird your loins and grease your shafts lads - JAFO is on the loose!

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
You forget - this is JAFO you're talking to. I will:

A. Cut myself and bleed all over the place

B. Be the first mofo on the planet to wreck a ceramic insert by gently scraping it.

So cross your fingers, gird your loins and grease your shafts lads - JAFO is on the loose!

Maybe ask the wife for help.....if you cut all your fingers off, how will you type in the forum.....ill kinda miss ya :p

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Oh BTW did you know i sliced my finger open on a friggin Tostitos chip.......deep.........yeah beat that !

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
[MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION]mis the only dude that has messed up more keyless than me

sent from my Samsung edge plus v6s

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
@JAFOmis the only dude that has messed up more keyless than me

Oh well then its looking good, if he cuts all his fingers off, he cant mess up no more keyless ...SCORE !

Reactions: hblackiston

JAFO

16/10/13
Oh BTW did you know i sliced my finger open on a friggin Tostitos chip.......deep.........yeah beat that !

I can and will!

Back when I was in my late 20s, I used to smoke a lot of dope. So one nite I am so roasted I am half unconscious and absolutely starving. So I bust open a bag of Tostitos and am shoving them down so fast you can't believe it. And I get choked. And I can't get the stuff up or down or out of my throat. So I'm sitting there with my buddy and he's laughing cause he thinks I'm joking and I'm thinking "I am gonna choke to death on gotdamn Tostitos before my girlfriend gets here and we get it on one last time!" So I start jumping up and down and my buddy gets it and heimlichs me and BOOM out comes the chips and we both fell onto the coffee table. Which has two big glass inserts for the top. And they break all to hells and thank Baby Jesus neither one of us got cut.

So now I'm alive again and not dying but just then my girlfriend comes in the door and sees us laying on top of the remnants of the coffee table and goes ballistic. Needless to say, JAFO didn't get no love that nite.

Friggin Tostitos...

JAFO

16/10/13
@JAFOmis the only dude that has messed up more keyless than me

Jason - there's nobody here who can permanently screw up a keyless faster and worse than you and me.

JAFO

16/10/13
Ok, so let's get this back on topic before we all get Brig'ed lol! Here's how it looks at this point:

image.jpg

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I can and will!

Back when I was in my late 20s, I used to smoke a lot of dope. So one nite I am so roasted I am half unconscious and absolutely starving. So I bust open a bag of Tostitos and am shoving them down so fast you can't believe it. And I get choked. And I can't get the stuff up or down or out of my throat. So I'm sitting there with my buddy and he's laughing cause he thinks I'm joking and I'm thinking "I am gonna choke to death on gotdamn Tostitos before my girlfriend gets here and we get it on one last time!" So I start jumping up and down and my buddy gets it and heimlichs me and BOOM out comes the chips and we both fell onto the coffee table. Which has two big glass inserts for the top. And they break all to hells and thank Baby Jesus neither one of us got cut.

So now I'm alive again and not dying but just then my girlfriend comes in the door and sees us laying on top of the remnants of the coffee table and goes ballistic. Needless to say, JAFO didn't get no love that nite.

Friggin Tostitos...

Yeah well once i was getting ready to brush my teeth, and im putting toothpaste on the toothbrush, and as i get to the end of the brush, the last bristles spring back and shot a blob of toothpaste into my eye, and that shit burned sooo bad.

But not as bad as the the day i shot myself in the eye with concentrated CS......my buddy was a MP and i was looking at his flashlight, the call them lackland lasers, and it had 2 buttons, so im looking at the reflector, i hit one button, the light comes on...cool .....hey what does this other button do ? it shot CS ....