• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Moonswatch metal mod aka Project Alaskswatch

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Thx for the idea. I had a horrible mission to mars I was thinking of binning. Swapped it into a sterile case from alix. I ran into issues with the dial and had to shave a mm off. Now the stem is too thin for the crown. I’ll sort it out eventually. Looks great though.

Reactions: Eddio

Eddio

Astrophysical Time traveler
11/6/16
EU
Thx for the idea. I had a horrible mission to mars I was thinking of binning. Swapped it into a sterile case from alix. I ran into issues with the dial and had to shave a mm off. Now the stem is too thin for the crown. I’ll sort it out eventually. Looks great though.
i guess you went for a other case then the corgeut i mentioned? I also bought and tried a rep 40mm case which resembled the speedmaster case and that fitted perfectly. The only "drawback" is that the dial lies deeper in the case.

But its the result that matters and having fun doing it. Which brings me to my next message...

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
So a "problem" occured which i am going to use to practice purposes with the goal of elevating the difficulty of the Project Alaskswatch.
While trying some different moonswatches colors into the case i seem to have broken the movement from the mission to Mars. Luckily i had a spare Mission to Mars lying around just in case i would need it. Well who doesnt 🤣🤣🤣🤣. So now i have an movement with dial and hands and a i also still have the same from the Corgeut donor case. Perfect in practicing swapping movements. The goal? Swapping the movement for the gen quartz movement.
So tools are under way!!!! I also have a second goal for the mod, which if it works, elevates the Project Alaskswatch to a new level. A secret for now but i am hoping to show it to you soon!!!

Keep on modding my friends!!!

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
i guess you went for a other case then the corgeut i mentioned? I also bought and tried a rep 40mm case which resembled the speedmaster case and that fitted perfectly. The only "drawback" is that the dial lies deeper in the case.

But its the result that matters and having fun doing it. Which brings me to my next message...
Could be the case but also my moonswatch. It was one of the earlier ugly ones with mineral glass crystal. The original movement aligns perfectly so that’s a win. I’ll share pics once done.
This is what I got. Case only for $27.
AED 66.12 55% Off | custom logo watch vk63 case nh35 cases nh36 dial japan quartz chronograph watch VK63 movement nh36 case electronic Multifunction

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Could be the case but also my moonswatch. It was one of the earlier ugly ones with mineral glass crystal. The original movement aligns perfectly so that’s a win. I’ll share pics once done.
This is what I got. Case only for $27.
AED 66.12 55% Off | custom logo watch vk63 case nh35 cases nh36 dial japan quartz chronograph watch VK63 movement nh36 case electronic Multifunction
Looks good so perhaps it is the moonswatch. I got this one

€ 17,99 50%OFF | Vk63 Serie 40Mm Case Custom Logo Rvs Case Custom Logo32.5mm Wijzerplaat Japanse Quartz Chronograaf Voor Vk63 Beweging

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
I have no idea what type of USD you are looking at but on my end the pagani is coming up as roughly $100 dollars not $500.

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
The rep moonswatch running seconds broke before I had this project complete 🤦‍♂️

New Mars and a Pluto on order

Reactions: Eddio

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
The rep moonswatch running seconds broke before I had this project complete 🤦‍♂️

New Mars and a Pluto on order
Ai..... thats rough! Well, you know what they say, the steeper the hill the better the view!!!!

Reactions: Beartooth