• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Met Gala - Unveiling the Celestial Craftsmanship of Meteorite Dials

Davey118

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Certified
5/10/22
Amazing review. I love the rigor and consistency — something that’s absolutely required for meteorite dials which have a chameleon nature depending on ambient light.

I have a buff meteorite dial in my 116519 and I love it. This is my daily watch which I wear running, skiing, mountaineering, and when I’m working on watches at my bench.

That's a sick pic sir🙏

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Amazing review. I love the rigor and consistency — something that’s absolutely required for meteorite dials which have a chameleon nature depending on ambient light.

I have a buff meteorite dial in my 116519 and I love it. This is my daily watch which I wear running, skiing, mountaineering, and when I’m working on watches at my bench.

Gorgeous !

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Correct, the back plate and feet can make it difficult to install the subdial hands on 4130 models as it makes the dial quite thick, meaning the subdial hand tubes aren't long enough, which in turn means the subdial hands have no clearance from the dials surface.

Some people don't mind this, others do, it's all down to preference really. It's pretty easy to just use longer tubes for the subdial hands to clear the dial when the dial is fatter than normal, but conversely (please correct me if I'm wrong those of you with more knowledge on this than I) it is entirely possible to install the dial without a back plate and pre installed feet without much complication
This, most plates they use are same thickness as the dial. Hands is one thing and putting extra pressure on the stem is another.

There is no issues to remove dial and install without the plate.

I can do hand made custom plates which are super thin yet very strong, but it's unnecessary as I install all the dials and can remove for my customers without issues.

Last edited:

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Do you have any links to sources for the dials like JJ Shenzhen etc. please?

DENTIST

Franken Nerd 🤓
Patron
Certified
20/1/19
EU
Wow 🤩, unbelievable Review @oceaon i learned a lot of you and your very high knowledge. Congratulations, Bro. Very, very premium Job you made here for US 🚀🚀

• Love
Reactions: oceaon

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
@oceaon thank you for the extensive review on each of the meteorite dials! :)
I’m loving the look of the SW dial and I’m in contact with a modder to get one on a tungsten build.

Reactions: oceaon

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
Also curious if you’re going to get the new BTF meteorite version is well :whistle:
I asked a dealer and he said the price is $838 shipped

J22HRP

Franken Addict
Patron
Certified
26/9/18
UK
This dial certainly didn't disappoint in the flesh, I will try to take some better photos in different lighting showing off the pattern in the coming days!

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
I got the same QCs. I would put it on the same level as Noob. Not as good as Buff or Shengzen, but great OOTB option along with Noob.