• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first salmon dial 15202BC automatic watch from XF

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
Just received today - more fodder for discussion.

fYVrS.jpg

fYJeW.jpg

fYbSP.jpg

fYcEQ.jpg

Tried to picture in a few different types of light.

Of note - the 15202 doesn’t have a seconds hand! My powers of perception are lacking.
fyDHL.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Can you post more wrist shots indoor and outdoor please. What are your feelings after a few days ?

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I would take that over the breitling or tudor yellow dial options. I'll be curious what the different versions of this wind up looking like. I kinda like it, although part of me wonders if a full fantasy model with a black case might look better

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Sorry, those pictures just further convinces me not to buy it. Gen like it is not, disappointment it is.

Just curious, what are you comparing the color of dial with? If dial color was accurate,it's still a fantasy watch

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Those pictures are helpful. If you compare it to the shots on Hodinkee it doesn't seem too far off, probably just a shade lighter than it should be.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Sorry, those pictures just further convinces me not to buy it. Gen like it is not, disappointment it is.

it is less obvious if Wear it in the nights to avoid any daylight disappointment

I feel XF has successful reached a mile stone albeit room for improvements.

Reactions: srhoque

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
looks great!let's be honest,you're never gonna bump into someone wearing a real one and if you do bump into an ap expert they are going to know its a rep because it isn't white gold and they only make 75 a year.

I think if they made the dial a shade or two darker,put white lume on the markers like early V2 st and got rid of the gap on the first link it would look amazing.

Reactions: vcappp and raytron

srhoque

28/11/18
looks great!let's be honest,you're never gonna bump into someone wearing a real one and if you do bump into an ap expert they are going to know its a rep because it isn't white gold and they only make 75 a year.

I think if they made the dial a shade or two darker,put white lume on the markers like early V2 st and got rid of the gap on the first link it would look amazing.

They are not going to make any improvements. Just like gen, they are expecting to only sell 75 per year. I am happy to already belong to this uber exclusive club;)

Reactions: ablabla

kevBquick

9/10/18
i think the dial is missing the sunburst....its too flat given off that solid yellow color. if it had sunburst more prominent it could yield some of that honey, salmon, other shades of yellow. even if the base color was more yellow it would help alot.

Reactions: vcappp

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Indeed, the dial is flat, pretty sure xf will do something about this detail

srhoque

28/11/18
i think the dial is missing the sunburst....its too flat given off that solid yellow color. if it had sunburst more prominent it could yield some of that honey, salmon, other shades of yellow. even if the base color was more yellow it would help alot.

The whole dial has sunburst :D:D Looking at gen pics on internet, it seems like dial is darker except the lighter sunburst. The XF dial is lighter everywhere (in my QC). Will check mine outdoor when it arrives.

Reactions: vcappp

kevBquick

9/10/18
The whole dial has sunburst :D:D Looking at gen pics on internet, it seems like dial is darker except the lighter sunburst. The XF dial is lighter everywhere (in my QC). Will check mine outdoor when it arrives.

don't get me wrong it has it....but its still pretty flat. you can see from QC pics...straight on...the color is uniform. no high sheen or low sheen in it....from the sides...its just shadowed because its in the shadow. not a lot of movement regardless the angle. they can add more sunburst which will allow for color variance.

srhoque

28/11/18
don't get me wrong it has it....but its still pretty flat. you can see from QC pics...straight on...the color is uniform. no high sheen or low sheen in it....from the sides...its just shadowed because its in the shadow. not a lot of movement regardless the angle. they can add more sunburst which will allow for color variance.

No comments till i get the watch in hand. Will see then ;)

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18
No comments till i get the watch in hand. Will see then ;)

cool....enjoy the watch and wear it in good health. if your already a buyer...i think you will like it. i was a buyer and changed my mind but i've taken the hit on many v1s. its like TVs and home theaters....i get tried of being the first to the race and having to accept things....i can wait till i think it where it needs to be. but enjoy it.

srhoque

28/11/18
cool....enjoy the watch and wear it in good health. if your already a buyer...i think you will like it. i was a buyer and changed my mind but i've taken the hit on many v1s. its like TVs and home theaters....i get tried of being the first to the race and having to accept things....i can wait till i think it where it needs to be. but enjoy it.

Being into too many Rolex reps, I don't buy into the version hype. The only way for true long term satisfaction in the rep world is buy the current model and mod/franken it to your satisfaction. Easier said on Rolex but not on AP as it is hard to find parts. Anyways, even v2, v3, vN will come with their own flaws.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Being into too many Rolex reps, I don't buy into the version hype. The only way for true long term satisfaction in the rep world is buy the current model and mod/franken it to your satisfaction. Easier said on Rolex but not on AP as it is hard to find parts. Anyways, even v2, v3, vN will come with their own flaws.

agreed...
this game is always about accepting which flaws, they are flawed. and while i have a big rolex gen and rep collection. branching out into AP and PP definitely much harder to franken. otherwise i think i'd be broke. could have bought 2 gen rolexes now but i prefer the options over having gen to be gen. again that is just me. beauty is in the eye of the beholder of the rep.

There are always base pieces and they are different for everyone of what we accept. sometimes we concede on the dial. sometimes we don't. the insert. bezel. etc.

i have so many wants to me i can afford to pass up on a v1 salmon and buy prolly 10 other watches i want and its ever changing. broke a pepsi rep...now i need a replacement.
that was always one of my grail watches. now i jacked the movement on a GMF v1. so i have decisions...buy whats out again....which will be my 3rd pepsi. or sit and wait.