• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first salmon dial 15202BC automatic watch from XF

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Is there a post where you have more details about the rhodium plating?
There's not much to be said about the Rh plating bro. This watch is pretty easy to dismantle so I just took it apart down to the screws and sent it to a jeweller for processing.

2 things to note though, take pics of everything you send in beforehand as proof since screws and all are quite small, and request to see samples of plated objects before committing to the jeweller's service to ensure the correct color

oh yea and remove all gaskets before plating. you can tape up the crystals with some plastic cutouts and peel it off later

Last edited:
Reactions: beanie 236

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
That’s very nice, that’s dial is a piece of art!
I also have the XF 15202 v1 but in blue version and I’m extremely happy.

Reactions: beanie 236

nicholaskk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/22
That’s very nice, that’s dial is a piece of art!
I also have the XF 15202 v1 but in blue version and I’m extremely happy.
How is the build quality of your XF 15202 v1? Steve said can source the v2 blue dial. I'm thinking should I pull trigger on that. I have a ZF 15400 black dial and the quality is really good.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Different color, but sharing pics of my 15202 with black dial - 1 and only 1 in the whole universe :D

Pic is of real watch, no photoshop!!

3kM38i.jpg

3kMhzp.jpg

3kMHvb.jpg

Reactions: LeBron

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
I can tell you that my watchsmith fiend says that the XF v1 nake eye observation (case, bracelet, dial, hands) is at an excellent level.
He didn’t like much the ZF one because of the “pizza” hands base who is too much visible even at wrist distance.