• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The first salmon dial 15202BC automatic watch from XF

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
pictures look pretty good on trusty time and absolutely atrocious on intime.crazy how different they are!

agreed,I think we are all going to have to wait untill someone gets one in hand to truly tell what it looks like.im pretty disappointed because I held off on ordering the first batch of the st V2 and now they come with mismatched lume so im not gonna order one of those either.

Ekwity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/20
Nunya
I’ll be blunt.... what the actual fuck is this atrocity

EuHtQ.jpg

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Chazingtime is the same - yellow dial.

My TD is going to order one in and take a video. Will take a few days

Last edited:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Letdown of the year !!! Hilarious actually....

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I’d like to add for those who did not know the gen currently worth north 110k... So yeah right... you absolutely wear what you like... but one should really be realistic on this one.... white gold will never be akin to steel ! NEVER !!! Correct dial or not ! ...

Reactions: srhoque and ablabla

kevBquick

9/10/18
I’d like to add for those who did not know the gen currently worth north 110k... So yeah right... you absolutely wear what you like... but one should really be realistic on this one.... white gold will never be akin to steel ! NEVER !!! Correct dial or not ! ...

sure same could be said for the richard mille club. and like 1 of 5 pieces. patek's.

and brand new its 55k. secondary market is different. while this is the same thing....and i have said this. i get beat down. like a rainbow daytona for 250k.

it is hard to tell if trusty has a gen, p chopped photos, etc. while intime and bright yellow is not correct. trusty's looks legit...if thats what you are getting....why the difference? there shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Linezero3

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
sure same could be said for the richard mille club. and like 1 of 5 pieces. patek's.

and brand new its 55k. secondary market is different. while this is the same thing....and i have said this. i get beat down. like a rainbow daytona for 250k.

it is hard to tell if trusty has a gen, p chopped photos, etc. while intime and bright yellow is not correct. trusty's looks legit...if thats what you are getting....why the difference? there shouldn't be.

my main concern again is regarding material steel ain’t white gold... this will never be close to gen, but it can be appreciated for what it is. Just not for me...

73-EF7-AB2-F241-44-B5-B993-168-AB75-CEB61.jpg

21-E28-E66-2244-466-E-B247-C011-DBD7-E9-F6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
my main concern again is regarding material steel ain’t white gold...

73-EF7-AB2-F241-44-B5-B993-168-AB75-CEB61.jpg

21-E28-E66-2244-466-E-B247-C011-DBD7-E9-F6.jpg

I find that white gold looks like shit after a while. It scratches easily and the finish tarnishes easily.

So, whilst a new white gold item looks whiter than stainless, the finish doesn’t last - Which is why white gold jeweller has to be regularly re- “plated”. If it ain’t re-plated, it’ll look dull - like stainless. Hence I personally don’t worry about the colour difference.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I find that white gold looks like shit after a while. It scratches easily and the finish tarnishes easily.

So, whilst a new white gold item looks whiter than stainless, the finish doesn’t last - Which is why white gold jeweller has to be regularly re- “plated”. If it ain’t re-plated, it’ll look dull - like stainless. Hence I personally don’t worry about the colour difference.

looks like expensive shit mind you !!! :):):):) LOL !

I would bet that the white gold use by AP is of a special formulae That could prevent such issues... I just have to look at the current crazy grey market prices to be comfortable with my bet...

my 2 cts...

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
looks like expensive shit mind you !!! :):):):) LOL !

I would bet that the white gold use by AP is of a special formulae That could prevent such issues... I just have to look at the current crazy grey market prices to be comfortable with my bet...

my 2 cts...

Haha. Yes but My point was that we don’t need to Worry about the colour difference between stainless and used white gold being a big tell - as the bright white white gold finish tarnishes. That doesn’t mean gen value will decreases.

AP gold mixture will be slightly different but that doesn’t change the fact that white gold by definition is PLATED and plating don’t last forever. Over time the colour tends colour to stainless (which doesn’t mean it’s looks ugly)

Also, gold is soft as fuxk. Only have to look at it to scratch it. And a scratched watch won’t reflect light in the same way as a fresh watch.

Anyway, wish I had the cash for a gen white gold watch!

Sent from the RWI App