• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Daily (Cigar) Report. What did you Smoke Last Night?

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Vacation is coming to an end, and so is my cigar stash. Kept the best for (second) last.

KgcFBY.jpeg

Did have some draw issues and uneven burn… but tasted great. If anyone has some recommendations for similar tasting sticks, but more budget friendly, in EU, do let me know.

(This was 9,90€)

EDIT: burn corrected a bit and draw got better as i cut off more. Though, at about 2/3 in, it went out! Bloody hell, what a shame. Would have been a good stick if anything else…

Last edited:

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
Certified
23/11/23
UK
Bit of a shitter day, as it’s been 7years since I lost my old man. But a phat cigar and a decent pour of a warm brandy is how he’d do it (photo sans Remy Martin 1738). Here’s to you old man!

MaaHeeb

Getting To Know The Place
11/8/21
notoriously below sea level
Completely quit for some years ( cold turkey) never turning back, great feeling not smoking cigarettes
I stopped cold turkey 7 years ago when i was out with some flu but then life happened and got back into it 2 years ago unfortunately.

Also scored a nice (cheap) collection to take on holiday with the boys, don't know these ones except for the middle one and got recommended by the owner of the cigar shop i visited.

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
I stopped cold turkey 7 years ago when i was out with some flu but then life happened and got back into it 2 years ago unfortunately.

Also scored a nice (cheap) collection to take on holiday with the boys, don't know these ones except for the middle one and got recommended by the owner of the cigar shop i visited.

You must be Belgian or Dutch? :)
Estrella is cheap, not bad not good. I had one on vacation as well actually. I did enjoy it though. Looks like you got the bigger one. I had a petit Robusto I think. The taste is kind of monotone, but pleasant!

The only other one I can tell you about is the CAO Pilon, also had that one recently. It's about double the price of a petite Robusto Estrella if im not mistaken. Not bad, but not exactly within my taste preference. The 2/3rd was the best in my opinion. Final third was not so enjoyable to me.

Within the readily available, cheap cigar class, I seem to really like the Don Tomas Brazilia. I read mixed reviews, some say they're great sticks for the price. Others find them "way too much pepper". I get rather sweet tones... chocolatey tobacco from Don Tomas Brazilia personally.

Anyhow, seems like you're well set for the vacation! Enjoy :) and maybe let us know how you liked the cigars :)

Last edited:

MaaHeeb

Getting To Know The Place
11/8/21
notoriously below sea level
You must be Belgian or Dutch? :)
Estrella is cheap, not bad not good. I had one on vacation as well actually. I did enjoy it though. Looks like you got the bigger one. I had a petit Robusto I think. The taste is kind of monotone, but pleasant!

The only other one I can tell you about is the CAO Pilon, also had that one recently. It's about double the price of a petite Robusto Estrella if im not mistaken. Not bad, but not exactly within my taste preference. The 2/3rd was the best in my opinion. Final third was not so enjoyable to me.

Within the readily available, cheap cigar class, I seem to really like the Don Tomas Brazilia. I read mixed reviews, some say they're great sticks for the price. Others find them "way too much pepper". I get rather sweet tones... chocolatey tobacco from Don Tomas Brazilia personally.

Anyhow, seems like you're well set for the vacation! Enjoy :) and maybe let us know how you liked the cigars :)
Dutch indeed 😉

As i only rarely dabble in cigars, but some friends that come along don't particularly do at all i asked for some cheap and easy to smoke cigars so that it won't break the bank (or make them feel guilty) when they don't like 'em. I believe they average around 9ish euro.

Reactions: Erect

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Nice sticks, but not worth the price these days.. had this one around from pre-c0vid when you could pick them up for €7/stick

I love the Hoyo, but yes! Prices for sticks are insane now.
Apparently the producers have cut production and increased the prices! They make more money producing less in an overall production, overhead , shipping savings matrix vs a large scale production as seen in the past.
I’m getting out of this racket. It’s just too expensive.