• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The culture at rwi

Smiles1818

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/3/22
Smiles1818, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetent?
Lol. Nope... I guess tds don't send gifts.... and I guess you don't want any the gifts i received....

You see if I'm an arrogant a hole it tends to rub people the wrong way. Just the way I felt about those who were a holes to me.

Yes, it was an unnecessary post, as was yours. This is the exact culture I was talking about. The doubke standard i was talking about. Believe me, if you know me, you'll understand that I'm quite different than you may perceive.

The responses prove that no one appreciates that type of mentality and/or culture.

It has been summed up by a couple of admins-

I was advised on the culture at rwi, and decided to return and be more active in any information that I could provide.

I made a mistake, apologized and now as one member stated earlier 'Biting' back and refuse and will not be bullied. No matter how many people add their opinions without understanding the situation.

If you post something unnecessary and I do the same, you ask of mental illness? Maybe part of mental illness is to pass judgement without understanding. Being a bully means that you know how to attack, but it doent mean you know how to fight. I haven't attacked you or anyone. I am only refusing to be punked.

Smiles1818

Banned
21/3/22
I found this photo under the same username on a customer support forum of Tourneau / Bucherer (with most posts by this user in the Hublot section, interestingly):

And what about my profile from gearys? Did you not find that? Hublot? Lol not my cup of tea.... I don't think I'll find much on you an any of td sites... this shows me your need to belittle after I share with you a similar mentality? Lol I wish you the best

Smiles1818

Banned
21/3/22
I think I know the person who started this thread as she appears regularly on forums and electronic bulletin boards around the world. She has been in and out of institutions from the age of fourteen. At school she was assessed as having a high IQ but was disruptive and occasionally violent to both fellow pupils and teachers. At the age of sixteen she attacked her mother with a garden fork after she supported her husband’s side of a pointless argument against her. She had to be restrained at the house by three officers when her hysterical behaviour got so out of control that she attempted to burn the house down using petrol and a gas fuelled fire lighter.

It was at this time she was assessed, and schizophrenia was diagnosed, and various treatments were recommended. Some months after this incident and while on a home visit she absconded and wasn’t seen again for nearly two years. She came to light again when she was arrested for attempted robbery at a store selling alcohol. Once again she found herself in a fully secure residential hospital where she was given access to the internet as part of her recovery therapy.

This is where it all started as she was allowed to join forums like this in the hope that the interaction would help to reintroduce her back into what is laughingly known as the civilized world. By the time she was twenty she had cleverly convinced doctors that she was a reformed character and once again she was released to a halfway house. Of course she disappeared again and hasn’t been seen in person since, although on one occasion she was almost discovered when an apartment was raided in California where she was believed to be living. When the authorities finally gained entry they found a dinner still hot in the microwave and cables from a laptop trailing from sockets in the wall.

Where is she now? No one really knows but occasionally she materializes on forums like this under a variety of pseudonyms.
I am a board member at a non profit clinic that treats medical conditions. Mental illness is a real problem, If that's your humor, so be it.

Please make fun of me, talk shi* to me, but don't try and use mental illness as a joke or whatever motivation.

Schizophrenia is a life long illness that cannot be 100percent treated. We don't know what causes it exactly, but know a combination of factors trigger it.

Please go to youtube.... plug your headphones on the highest setting and search for Schizophrenia simulation. You may be able to just press stop, but those that that are ill can not
So as much as I don't mind a conversation, debate, here you're opinion. Your post to me is junk. I hope there is a thing called carma, because you sir deserve it

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
I am a board member at a non profit clinic that treats medical conditions. Mental illness is a real problem, If that's your humor, so be it.

Please make fun of me, talk shi* to me, but don't try and use mental illness as a joke or whatever motivation.

Schizophrenia is a life long illness that cannot be 100percent treated. We don't know what causes it exactly, but know a combination of factors trigger it.

Please go to youtube.... plug your headphones on the highest setting and search for Schizophrenia simulation. You may be able to just press stop, but those that that are ill can not
So as much as I don't mind a conversation, debate, here you're opinion. Your post to me is junk. I hope there is a thing called carma, because you sir deserve it
That’s an excellent response, and what I expected. Is that how you convinced the doctors that you were in recovery?

Smiles1818

Banned
21/3/22
Let me clear something up for you. The "your" you are addressing is not me since it it's not my site. @trailboss99 and @daytona4me are the admin here.

No one here is discouraging from sharing your opinion. But, your opinion gained traction, a reaction. This is it. You throw the stone and then hide the hand? Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequence!!!

And once again, very bold of you to assume that we sales moderators approve stuff based on a member's adherence to not sharing their opinion. As if this was some banana republic. I wish you could find one sale that was nuked or a member that was banned because of a moderator or admin's whim.

Just say it outright, you think we're a dictatorship here and you are trying to lead a rebellion.

I looked at your post history, a lot of it was you defending yourself over accusations of trying to sell on behalf of someone else. That alone disqualifies a lot.

As someone else has said, you sure do write a lot and say nothing.

You may continue to write all you want. We don't ban people here for disagreeing. No one here owes you anything.
The fact that it gains traction and gets defensive and predatory responses prove my point. If there's no validity, then there probably wouldn't have been these responses.

I'm not sure what stone I threw And am hiding from you speak of....

It's not the admins or moderators i have a problem with. Why have I thanks them then?

I'm addressing the bullies on here who quite frankly not many want to deal with, nor have desire to fight back.

I dont care for a rebellion on rwi. Unfortunately you have only seen my posts since this incident. I encourage you to see my posts previous to this incident. I only asked technical questions and received knowledgeable and kind help.

As far as the person who says I write alot and say nothing... I called him out. He is a bully and bitter for whatever reasons he has. But he has yet to show me his credibility. I called him out 3 times regarding. He may be the one the writes alot but says nothing....

All I'm asking was for a consideration of my opinion without having pre-judge the situation. I made a mistake, and tend to learn from mistakes. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

All it shows me is that my pint is validated when admins/moderators are so defensive... maybe I have a point.

• Haha
Reactions: mclarendude

Smiles1818

Banned
21/3/22
That’s an excellent response, and what I expected. Is that how you convinced the doctors that you were in recovery?
Lol... sure if that's what you need to hear... do you know what board members do for non profits?

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
All it shows me is that my pint is validated when admins/moderators are so defensive... maybe I have a point.
Dude….
Make some friends. Visits the sections on here that tug at your interests and create a “BLOCKED” list to cut out the noise you don’t like.
Spend your time and energy ( which it seems you have an abundance of ) in learning about this clandestine hobby of ours and start enjoying life….

RWai has so much more to offer than turning threads into primary school debate club.

Peace out. ✌️

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
What I have read here makes me feel sad. This is for shure not the spirit of this forum.
I'm new to it but I "met" a lot of kind and helpful people. I would love this discussion beeing
Stoped and come back to the themes RWI is famous for. Don't want to accuse or excuse
anyone. Just My opinion.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
What I have read here makes me feel sad. This is for shure not the spirit of this forum.
I'm new to it but I "met" a lot of kind and helpful people. I would love this discussion beeing
Stoped and come back to the themes RWI is famous for. Don't want to accuse or excuse
anyone. Just My opinion.

Agreed however, after rightly being misidentified as a possible scammer in another thread, she moved here to continue the negative trend of telling everyone here how wrong they are. RWI has been around for 16 years, we have thousands and thousands of members who have helped hundreds of thousands of people. We helped changed eBay's policies to make reporting scams easier (our members were instrumental in the early stages of eBay's fight against watch scams). We have created an amazing culture with wonderful people who care deeply about the welfare of others. Our sandbox that we created we take a lot of pride in. It may not be perfect but it is ours. If anyone pisses in our sandbox or doesn't like our sandbox, we get touchy and defensive. If people don't like our sandbox, we tell them to find their own. Our sandbox has some bullies, and it has some saints, but at the end of the day, it's ours. And if you come in and piss off our people, you will get drug through the sand until they have had enough fun.

Smiles1818

Banned
21/3/22
My last post... thank you daytona4me for your efforts in diffusing the situation. But importantly, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to hear me out regarding the incident. And in fact reiterated it to members who wanted to continue the trash talk.

I can see and understand why you would be annoyed by the fact I came to this section and shared what I did. My intent was not to start something, just was curious as to why some members were doing/saying thebl things that were being done. Also I'm sure you have enough things to monitor and handle.

The reason I joined this forum was for the exact reasons you stated. I have learned a tremendous amount, and have gotten invaluable help. I know it appears I'm ungrateful for what has been created and exists, but I can say that it is a good thing.

I wanted to release some frustration and represent a small group of members who have had similar experiences. That may be unwilling to rock the boat. And from this thread, i have a better understanding of who are reasonable and credible.

Don't worry this thread to me is dead. Regardless of any other members who decide be rude, disrespectful, or try to be an internet bully.

I think you summed it up, I made a mistake on this forum, I apologized
I thought we were done with that statement. I know from your aspect or any admin/moderators perspective how that can be seen as me reignited the issue by posting here. From a noobies point of view, I didn't like actions of a few bad apples. I understand the culture here now very clearly. And I know who are bullies are and especially members who talk the talk but don't show any walk...

Sorry to have caused an inconvenience..and thank you for the members who shared true opinions rather than judgement.

Reactions: Oilime and C Master

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
@Smiles1818

Here is what we know about IT so far.

IT does pro bono work for the Los Angeles planning commission.

IT knows and is friends with one of the wealthiest woman in the USA who owns a multi $ billion cosmetics company,

IT is a board member at a non profit clinic that treats medical conditions.

IT was shrilling gold cases in a prior post.

IT may be bipolar.

IT takes offense to those criticizing and correcting IT.

IT has upset RWI members with his posts.

IT is a low baller by sending PM's to RWI members who are selling watches by offering them 60% of their asking price.

IT does not adhere to RWI posting rules nor does IT understand RWI posting rules.

IT is a glutton for punishment.

IT will continue to respond to posts to correct IT when IT is blatantly wrong.

IT will most likely create similar threads like this one.

IT will continue to be the laughing stock at RWI.

It will continue to dig IT into a deeper hole at RWI.

To be continued.

raspan1123

Certified
1/2/17
my brain exploded figuring out the posts with pictures of posts that contain pictures of posts…

tom hardy inception GIF