• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Sorry, am still a stupid noob. I just got into watches! :S
This is the one I was talking about/looking at buying. I love this watch. I just want to know if the color is going to be true to a gen one, and pix if you've got any. I can send you a PM if you'd like.

Again, sorry :S I'm still learning. I don't mean to be a bother/noob!
Its absolutely ok mate.

This isnt going to be close to gen, because there is no gen PVD RO. Theres custom ones and full ceramic ones, but no gen PVD.
I stay away from surface treatments like PVD, they dont look natural to me.

Also its quartz, instead of mechanical, so the tick will give it away instantly, even if someone believed the PVD thing.
(It wont fool you into thinking its ceramic, different feel, weight and visuals entirely)

Im also not convinced theres a version with red tips of subdial hands, but I might be wrong on that one.

So all in all, if u want a gen-like RO, stick to 3 hand steel with a black dial.
No chrono RO is close to gen in thickness alone and its a pain to wear (for me at least).

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think there is the 25721 beast rep, but not the 26237. Both look very similar with subtle differences. Your best bet now is to source one via M2M sale.

Last edited:

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
Just wanted to ask those guys who bought the ZF 15720 with green dial. Does the green hue look good? What would you describe the different shades it shows? I've checked out some wrist shots here and I'm liking the forest green to army olive to bleached jade hues I've seen (just want more opinions)

To clarify, I was offered the green 15720 a while back (cause my AD knows I'm a sucker for green dials. Yes, I bought the gen green dial 16202 lol), but it had this very off-putting shade of green under AD lighting... Like what I'd associate with those party joke vomit flavored jelly beans.

TL;DR I hate Gen 15720 green dial hue. I want rep precisely because it's the wrong shade. Am asking if the different shades of ZF green dial is fetching or not. Wrist shots very, very welcome. Thank you very much!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just wanted to ask those guys who bought the ZF 15720 with green dial. Does the green hue look good? What would you describe the different shades it shows? I've checked out some wrist shots here and I'm liking the forest green to army olive to bleached jade hues I've seen (just want more opinions)

To clarify, I was offered the green 15720 a while back (cause my AD knows I'm a sucker for green dials. Yes, I bought the gen green dial 16202 lol), but it had this very off-putting shade of green under AD lighting... Like what I'd associate with those party joke vomit flavored jelly beans.

TL;DR I hate Gen 15720 green dial hue. I want rep precisely because it's the wrong shade. Am asking if the different shades of ZF green dial is fetching or not. Wrist shots very, very welcome. Thank you very much!
Your question is fully understandable but yet, you realize that you alone can decide if any given color is “fetching”. Any description given will be subjective as we all perceive colors and tones differently.
The best way for you to ascertain this would be to peruse the actual product yourself to experience the full spectrum of colors which the dial can exhibit.

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
Your question is fully understandable but yet, you realize that you alone can decide if any given color is “fetching”. Any description given will be subjective as we all perceive colors and tones differently.
The best way for you to ascertain this would be to peruse the actual product yourself to experience the full spectrum of colors which the dial can exhibit.
Yes, I understand the nature of my question. Was hoping I could get more wrist shots from people here,and a few descriptions to boot. There are so few of them because it's so new, but, ah well, I guess I can just take one for the team since it's just 500 bucks.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes, I understand the nature of my question. Was hoping I could get more wrist shots from people here,and a few descriptions to boot. There are so few of them because it's so new, but, ah well, I guess I can just take one for the team since it's just 500 bucks.
It will be very nice for community if you could describe the dial color for the benefit of anyone else who’s like you. It’ll be much appreciated sir.

Reactions: g00n and Blaithin

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong
I went looking and saw this one Trusty... anniversary beast. Your thoughts on this?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I went looking and saw this one Trusty... anniversary beast. Your thoughts on this?
ROO rep with the usual flaws... and wrong date font also.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Probably not available unless old stock ( JF not around anymore ), you might want to confirm availability before placing an order.

areijizen

Looking Around
6/3/19
Hi All,

I am currently in search of Gen Blue dial, hands, and calendar wheel for my ZF AP 15400 V3 watch. Despite conducting an extensive search on online marketplaces such as Chrono24 and eBay, I have been unable to locate the specific components required for my project.

I am now seeking advice or recommendations on where to source these parts. Additionally, I am interested in engaging the services of a reputable and trustworthy watchmaker who can assist with any necessary water proofing, servicing or modifications for my timepiece.

I am located in the Northern California region and would appreciate any guidance on finding a skilled professional in this field.

Thank you All, in advance.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi All,

I am currently in search of Gen Blue dial, hands, and calendar wheel for my ZF AP 15400 V3 watch. Despite conducting an extensive search on online marketplaces such as Chrono24 and eBay, I have been unable to locate the specific components required for my project.

I am now seeking advice or recommendations on where to source these parts. Additionally, I am interested in engaging the services of a reputable and trustworthy watchmaker who can assist with any necessary water proofing, servicing or modifications for my timepiece.

I am located in the Northern California region and would appreciate any guidance on finding a skilled professional in this field.

Thank you All, in advance.
I have a late 2016 gen blue dial, gen hands and a gen blue 15400 datewheel for the 15400. You can PM me if interested.

Reactions: areijizen

Vitto2

Known Member
Patron
Certified
14/1/22
Good morning,
I am very new to this section.
Having always been a fan of vintage Rolexes, I would like to get closer to the Royal Oak world.
Apart from knowing what is the best base from which to make a high level build, I would like to study calibre interventions (has anyone ever used gen calibres of other watches?).
Can you point me to a discussion on 36 - 37 mm time-only franken RO (e.g. 14790..) ?
Thank you.
Vittorio

phone

Supporter
Certified
13/8/16
Hey guys! I'm pretty new to APs and I was wondering what Factory you guys thought made the best rep of the AP 44mm Schmacher in titanium. Here's an example!
It seems to me like maybe the only factory making it right now is JF?

Let me know!