• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 4500V Reps are here and they are good! What to look for in your QC.

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Update time, installed the silver dial now:

z7rA4D.jpg

^^ Gen on right. Gen always on right in following pics.
zNr90o.jpg

^^ZF dial lacks deep black of the blackened white gold indices on gen. They look almost gray at most angles.
zNr1Pk.jpg

^^ Gen indices darker, cross has better bevels on gen
zNryoD.jpg

^^ gen is darker again
zNrOgY.jpg

^^ gen is darker. However overall conclusion is that gen dial isn't NEEDED but is a wonderful upgrade.
z7rh3s.jpg

^^ sanded dial feet down :(
z7Kwo1.jpg

^^ Rotor has a sticker on top, as with most Miyota 9015 reps. I remove it when working on the watch as it doesn't put unnecessary pressure on the rotor that can sometimes be sloppily pressed in.
z7rWSP.jpg

^^ some people use glue, I like dial stickers
z7r2yY.jpg

^^ Hour hand hits the indices as a default. I had to slightly bend the collar so the hour hand barely cleared all indices. I noticed it had difficulty at the bigger indices of 12, 6 and 9. As a result the other 3 hands had to be adjusted to accommodate as well.
z7r5mo.jpg

All ready to go
z7rLck.jpg

z7rUCJ.jpg
STUNNING

Reactions: Pinion Minion

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Hello sir,
I have a gen dial on my watch, but it was glued, because otherwise it was not possible to use it. And the rotor was removed because it was to loud, and now I see my watch loose till 15-20 seconds per day, how I can regulate it? Did you mean itc can be because of the rotor?

Thank you very much🙏

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Hello sir,
I have a gen dial on my watch, but it was glued, because otherwise it was not possible to use it. And the rotor was removed because it was to loud, and now I see my watch loose till 15-20 seconds per day, how I can regulate it? Did you mean itc can be because of the rotor?

Thank you very much🙏

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
ZF dial looks great compared to gen. The differences are so minimal considering the price point.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Do 8F have seminar quality problems as ZF bracelets, Date disk alignment, dial VC cross issues and movement problems and low amps?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I have 2 x Overseas in order over at PT but still no QCs. Are both 8F and ZF out of stock ?

Reactions: germanynrw

Richyv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/17
Colorado
Not really a fan of RG but that is beautiful. How does the blue dial look in person ... online it looks black? Thanks

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Not really a fan of RG but that is beautiful. How does the blue dial look in person ... online it looks black? Thanks
RG is basically the same watch as the SS but only plated. The blue dial pops like crazy. In the wrist in sunlight this is lit AF.

Reactions: germanynrw

Richyv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/17
Colorado
How's the durability of the plating. I'm not hard on my watches but RG would make me nervous.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I have 2 x Overseas in order over at PT but still no QCs. Are both 8F and ZF out of stock ?
On your QC photos the gold unit looks good with bezel aligned and the cross under 12 marker aligned. The silver unit not so good - bezel and cross are misaligned. Are they both ZF ?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
On your QC photos the gold unit looks good with bezel aligned and the cross under 12 marker aligned. The silver unit not so good - bezel and cross are misaligned. Are they both ZF ?
Both 8F