• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1016: The Under Appreciated Thread

HSV726

Known Member
Supporter
1/8/10
Hi

Looking at changing my raffles case to a Vietnam.

Can’t decide on Ruby or Bivintage

Ruby is around $150 more although lead time is quite long on the bivintage,

Both are quite a big outlay so I don’t mind paying that bit extra if necessary

Has anyone got experience or opinions of the two ?
I’ve seen a few builds with the bivintage in this thread and they look great, also the thread comparing the Ruby with JMB is really useful

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
That looks to be Raffledial GMT Hour and Raffledial 1016 Minute then . . .

oldtools

Renowned Member
14/6/11
Hi

I’ve seen a few builds with the bivintage in this thread and they look great, also the thread comparing the Ruby with JMB is really useful
I'm not sure if Ruby is still an active website. I've heard they are sending you to another site. Check out this thread...

Reactions: HSV726

1016 lover

4/10/22
Hi

I have a ruby case and i think there something to do with the lug shape, think that bivintage IS more straight useable case, but don t have one myself

You Can see kuared too...

Reactions: HSV726

HSV726

Known Member
Supporter
1/8/10
I have a ruby case and i think there something to do with the lug shape, think that bivintage IS more straight useable case, but don t have one myself

You Can see kuared too...
Many thanks I’ve reshaped a few cases before but they’ve generally been less than £40 so if I mess it up it’s not a big outlay to replace, with these I’d be a bit more apprehensive getting the files out so if it’s better out of the box then that’s all the better

PositiveAttitude

Getting To Know The Place
22/9/22
Hi

I had a bivintage a while back, it came with the lugholes in 2 different sizes, one lug was the right size, the other was small. I didn't have the skills to enlarge the hole and this detail drove me crazy. Remember also that the bezel is wrong, it is flatter than the classic raffle one, which is a bonus, but the outer diameter is too big, it needs to be reduced to 35.1mm, which is the correct dimension and it makes a huge difference visually. I also didn't like the plexi that came with it, but the biggest downside was the crown+tube, literally shit, you need to swap for an athaya set which is far superior.

The shape of the lugs was imo pretty good even without any case work and also all the engravings were good.