• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC V6 for Christmas

exlgh91

I'm Pretty Popular
23/8/13
Cant wait for mine to come!! I see that gen insert would make a real difference.

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
i am unsure the difference in the V6 and the gen insert.
M

Big difference... TC insert has round edges and the pearl is off. But: for 99,99% of propel it looks gen. Lmao!

y8yhy7e8.jpg

Sent from my sub using helium

nobbylon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/12
The watch is waterproof by design, but do NOT be fooled. DO NOT take HOT shower with it. The heat and vapor kills the watch even with gen Rolex.

Seriously, I may be a newbie on this and other watch forums but this made me laugh. You really have no idea at all what you are writing about. It's this sort of nonsense that gives people WRONG information.
I have written extensive posts on this subject on WUS so I'm not going to repeat however I will say that,

IN 28 YEARS OF 16800 SUBMARINER OWNERSHIP, SHOWERING, HOT TUBS, SAUNA, STEAM ROOM, DIVING, SWIMMING MOST WEEKS IN BOTH SALT AND CHLORINATED WATER, PETROL, OIL AND A LOT OF OTHER STUFF, THAT I HAVE NEVER HAD MY WATCH KILLED!

STOP GIVING OUT MIS INFORMATION.

You can submerse Submariners to their depth ratings and way beyond. It is what it was designed for. It's a dive watch!

I also have a TC Submariner V2 which is water resistant swimming no problem.
I've just ordered a V6 and intend this year to dive with both to a depth of 30m. I'm fully confident that both will be fine.

With regard to the bezel wobble a previous poster is experiencing. My Gen 16800 and my TC V2 has this and it seems to be caused by the bezel being to large in tolerance OR the crystal retaining ring being too small. Mine's been like that for as long as I can remember but I suppose that matching components with closer tolerances would be the answer.

My advice is twofold,
a/ buy a TC Submariner as they are worth the money
b/ get any watch you want to get wet tested and then use it as intended be it a TC or a Gen'

Ilovewatches2013

12/11/13
thank you for this clarification. my brain is about to explode with so much info about these replicas :) I love that we have so many options and members willing to help us noob out!
ok ill expain,the tc sub is a replica of the old fashioned subs,they have metal insert,and don't have a glidelock clasp,snd use a skinny case.lugs and crown guards.and a tc clone eta.the noob v3 is the modern new sub with a ceramic insert,big wide case,maxi dial and hands ,lec and ar on xtal.glidelock clasp.so they are completely different watches like i said in your pm.so if you want tge best vintage sub otb go tc,but if u want the best modern sub otb u need to go noob v3,

DULLYJAY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/12
Bring up a very old thread.

Just placed a order w/ TC. Tell me how your watch is holding up over the years? Won't have it before Christmas, but a nice way to bring in the New Year!

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Also a total Noob who is looking to buy my first sub.
So the TC uses a different case to the newer model Subs ( For instance 2014/15 models ) and uses the 'older' printed inserts whereas the Noob V5 etc uses a newer case and a ceramic insert. Here was me thinking that a sub was a sub and there has only ever been one model !!
And that is after me reading hundreds of posts etc before deciding what to go for.
As far as i can make out the best sellers of these are TC, pure time, Intime, Toro, who is BK ?

Ssikon

Known Member
7/10/15
Also a total Noob who is looking to buy my first sub.
So the TC uses a different case to the newer model Subs ( For instance 2014/15 models ) and uses the 'older' printed inserts whereas the Noob V5 etc uses a newer case and a ceramic insert. Here was me thinking that a sub was a sub and there has only ever been one model !!
And that is after me reading hundreds of posts etc before deciding what to go for.
As far as i can make out the best sellers of these are TC, pure time, Intime, Toro, who is BK ?
5 digits > TC
6 digits > BK

they are both great reps

SUB