• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC Sub, FACTS vs. RUMORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
911flyer should just go buy the gen and be done.

it's a 600 dollar watch that's a rep of a thousand dollar watch.

Even with some minor "problems" that are seen in magnification, it's still the best watch available. so It's time to move long for you.

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
911flyer should just go buy the gen and be done.

it's a 600 dollar watch that's a rep of a thousand dollar watch.

Even with some minor "problems" that are seen in magnification, it's still the best watch available. so It's time to move long for you.

What does this have to do with a faulty TC case?

Sent from my sub using helium

REDCELL

11/6/13
If I order a pizza, and the crust is a lil burnt....I don't expect the pizza place to replace just the crust while I keep the toppings. I expect a new pizza.

If TC offered to replace the whole watch....how is this even an issue?

Seems as if there is something more here.....

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Very Great of TC to address these concerns and put talk to the elephant in the room. BUT, in my humble opinion, that all seems redundant once starting to put other members, by name, into public humiliation. This is just plain wrong.

No matter who was right in this situation - and my best guess is that no one did anything wrong, and certainly not intentionally - there is just no excuse for starting a public flaming debate unless someone has deliberately scammed other members.

I, for one, will say that Ssteel has been a true sport always and in every aspect on this forum, and for anyone to assume that he would be stupid enough to risk all that good-will and reputation for this small issue is just sad. And for TC to post his personal conversations and Ssteels offering to do WR-testing, and make it out so it seems SSteel is a greedy and deceiving man is imo uncalled for.

TC has always been very friendly and helpful when I have mailed him, and has done SO much great for this hobby that we all owe him respect and gratefulness, but to be honest, this kind of public exhibition at the cost of others, just to promote ones own case really is not a gentleman move.

On the dial alignment issue - I think that the left-justification of the dial is a really acceptable compromise, and the date is much more important, and yes many gens have this very same issue. One thing, though, that I have seen on many reps - and unfortunately also on TC's is the the dial is crooked - meaning that the whole thing - movement + dial leans to the left, so that 12 o clock is not pointing straight up, but rather to 11:55 or thereabouts. This is just pure sloppiness during assembly, and for a 600 watch, rep or not, this is just not acceptable - but thankfully this can be fixed really easily.

As for the case being the same - yes and maybe. The case might be the same, but I know some people have speculated in different molds being used, when old ones wear out. This is perfectly natural, and just a fact of the process of manufacturing, but I have owned just as many TCs with skinny rehauts (actually more) as I have owned TC's with a nice deep and gen-like rehaut. This difference IS there, and it for me it does dictate whether or not the watch will be a keeper or not, as unlike all the other minor flaws we have discussed here, this cannot be easily fixed/corrected. The cases might have been made by the same factory and on the same machines, but these variances are a fact, and I, for one, could wish for this to be a fixed constant so that every TC will be the winner that TC's work deserves and has made possible.

My thoughts go out to Ssteel, and also to 911flyer who got kind of dragged into this mess unknowingly.

Wawmd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/12
Siding with TC's assessment of the circumstances on this one.

Sparty

11/5/09
DFW, Tejas
911, why do you keep playing the victim after both yourself AND TC acknowledged he offered you to return and refund the watch? What else could have possible rectified the situation any more fairly?

Add to the fact that the STEEL was fervently throwing blame at TC, and after some pretty solid photographical facts were presented, with STEEL's own pics, he seems to have taken the route of "it's not worth it anymore." and now wants to move on.

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
This should really have been settled in private between the parties involved. But to be honest, Ssteel and 911 were the ones being put on the spot in this thread, and at that point they kind of had to defend themselves, wouldn't you have? I for one think Ssteel is being the bigger man here by letting it go. To be honest none of us can really know what has happened, and hence we should not cast judgement. What we CAN know is that Ssteel has contributed to this community countless times and as such a respected member, we owe him the benefit of the doubt - and so we do with TC, and everyone should just assume that this is a misunderstanding that no-one did deliberately. But why TC had to expose this publicly, and humiliate other members is beyond me. But then again it seems that most of the readers of this thread regained their faith in him after this public grilling of two nice people who meant no harm we know of; so guess it payed off. In my book that's sad, and a shame for our good community and borderless friendship.

This thread should have been purely informative and not an attack on good members - in what world should that increase the power of an educative thread?? That is just plain B.S.

911, why do you keep playing the victim after both yourself AND TC acknowledged he offered you to return and refund the watch? What else could have possible rectified the situation any more fairly?

Add to the fact that the STEEL was fervently throwing blame at TC, and after some pretty solid photographical facts were presented, with STEEL's own pics, he seems to have taken the route of "it's not worth it anymore." and now wants to move on.

Sparty

11/5/09
DFW, Tejas
Mr T, 911 & Steel are the ones that called out TC to begin with, not only here but also on RG. Not sure how that qualifies as "having to defend themselves".

This is the equivalent to the following scenario. I would gladly welcome someone to argue the contrary.

I order a new car from BMW. When I receive the car, I notice there is damage to the vehicle. In turn, I notify BMW and they offer to return the car and refund my money. I, for whatever reason, decide to still go out to the forums and blast BMW for making terrible products and having poor customer service. Also, the performance shop who has my car currently also starts blasting BMW for poor quality.

Then, BMW finally responds and tells everyone that I actually didn't even take delivery of the car myself, but I had it shipped directly to the performance shop. And after investigating, BMW realized that, in the pictures that the performance shop actually took themselves, noticed the damage wasn't even there until AFTER they started taking the car apart (due to exif data in the actual pictures).

Even though evidence has been proved to the contrary, I continue to slam BMW saying they delivered a faulty vehicle and continue to claim both myself and the shop were the real victims and it was rude of BMW for actually calling us out.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
The reason 911 didn't return it is because he had work done and didn't want to lose the money. In turn he caused his modder to be out 250 bucks. He was offered a full refund. Steel chose to take a loss. Steel could have passed it on to 911 but did not. Steel is a good guy or he caused the damage or felt responsible and didn't want to screw 911. In any event as I said before 911 stating that buying a tc is a 50 50 shot of having a shit product is just plain false.

D

d4m.test

Isn't "Flyer" some sort of description or model applying to porsche vehicles? Would explain the 911.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Isn't "Flyer" some sort of description or model applying to porsche vehicles? Would explain the 911.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2
LOL!!

I know how to solve this whole problem!!!!!!!!!!!
Sell the damaged case to me???
Then no one is out any money ,,,,,but me?

bht0504

28/9/13
It's over. I'd still happily buy a watch from TC and I'd still happily have SSteel mod it for me. Both guys are amazing at what they do.

bht0504

28/9/13
Call me crazy, I'd even have TC ship it directly to SSteel and not worry about it.

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
Call me crazy, I'd even have TC ship it directly to SSteel and not worry about it.

I don't think that's crazy at all. I do believe SSTEEL has much more credibility than I do - if there was to e an issue with a delivery..

And what I mean by that is that TC should believe SSTEEL over me, a noob that knows bs & nothing about watches or TC dedication. (TC's words).

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
The reason 911 didn't return it is because he had work done and didn't want to lose the money. In turn he caused his modder to be out 250 bucks. He was offered a full refund. Steel chose to take a loss. Steel could have passed it on to 911 but did not. Steel is a good guy or he caused the damage or felt responsible and didn't want to screw 911. In any event as I said before 911 stating that buying a tc is a 50 50 shot of having a shit product is just plain false.

Right, right and wrong.

I never said TC delivers a 50/50 product. Infact, I've said that the v6 seems to be a 50/50 shot, it can be excellent or it can be needing some work at delivery. Just letting people know the true story. And what's wrong with that? Again, It's my experience, not yours and we tried to solve it with TC directly but it wasn't possible.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
And on that note Edward, lets put this to bed, and be done with it. I have said earlier, I will take the hit on this, and repair said case myself.

I have chalked this up as experienced learned, and now know that Thomas has every right to refuse replacement due to work started on the watch, but what he does not have the right to do imo is to swear, bad mouth, insult, and discredit me. I have done nothing wrong, only reported my findings in a professional, and good manor.

Those of you who have sided with TC in this saga, its noted. I'm under the understanding I have dealt with this in a more professional manner than Thomas has, and that includes manning up and taking the hit for something I have already resolved with my customer, this decision was under the impression a replacement case would be supplied, but knowing that is not warranted now, or acceptance of defective part only seen with dissected watch, I accept that, and will take the hit as already mentioned.

Case closed.!

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
I think in the end all that has been achieved here is sweet **** all.... Nothing good has come out of the thread... People have been flamed and discredited for what?....

I honestly couldn't care less whose fault this was as I said earlier I won't take sides.. The point is this thread was useless and could have remained a private conversation between three people..

may this thread be a lesson to all...

never speculate, assume, pass judgement on anyone until the issue has been resolved.. Denisdickheadspa is a prime example of this, no matter how 'respected' 'senior' a person is anyone can make a mistake...

SSTEEL i wish you the best, I wouldn't hesitate to send a watch to you

TC the same, at some stage I'll be forking over some money

911 I'm sure you learnt a lot. Best of luck

/thread

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
This MIGHT be the case - but since you weren't there and I weren't there, I would think it fair to leave the benefit of the doubt to those involved. On the other side, even if that IS the case, I doubt you would find BMW makeing a post on Twitter flaming the dissatisfied customer with his name along with the mod-shop. THIS is the part I argue against. I couldn't care less who is right or who is wrong as we, in my opinion, are dealing with two very respectable parties here, and I am sure no one mad any error on purpose.

What should be of public concern are the more general "flaws" which TC has rightfully addressed in the first post, before his personal rampage unfolded.

I can understand his frustration, as he is doing so much work to this community, and I know we are likely the toughest crowd to please. But this is part of the game, and what keeps the wheels turning. And it IS a shame that variances in rehaut depth, skewed dials, etc. make it a gamble to buy these lovely watches. TC's wonderful work in sourcing deserves perfection every time, and surely a truly responsible and proud handcrafter will want to be made aware of any imperfections, because that is how we get closer to the goal :)

May all have a great Sunday.

Mr T, 911 & Steel are the ones that called out TC to begin with, not only here but also on RG. Not sure how that qualifies as "having to defend themselves".

This is the equivalent to the following scenario. I would gladly welcome someone to argue the contrary.

I order a new car from BMW. When I receive the car, I notice there is damage to the vehicle. In turn, I notify BMW and they offer to return the car and refund my money. I, for whatever reason, decide to still go out to the forums and blast BMW for making terrible products and having poor customer service. Also, the performance shop who has my car currently also starts blasting BMW for poor quality.

Then, BMW finally responds and tells everyone that I actually didn't even take delivery of the car myself, but I had it shipped directly to the performance shop. And after investigating, BMW realized that, in the pictures that the performance shop actually took themselves, noticed the damage wasn't even there until AFTER they started taking the car apart (due to exif data in the actual pictures).

Even though evidence has been proved to the contrary, I continue to slam BMW saying they delivered a faulty vehicle and continue to claim both myself and the shop were the real victims and it was rude of BMW for actually calling us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.