• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC Sub, FACTS vs. RUMORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
To answer BMW;

In my opinion it was a fair and balanced post "Please bear in mind that I have always stated in all my threads that "this is my experience - not yours" or "a friendly heads up on what you could be expecting"
I am a forum member with no ax to grind
Sorry, don't get the last question

Don't worry, It was a sarcasm or a joke. You have to watch Fox News to understand it. They advertise themselves as being "fair and balanced" and they are the most biased "non news" propaganda channel on American TV. Just hearing the words "fair and balanced" makes a non Republican cringe.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I will say this,,,,I have owned more good than bad ,,,when it comes to TC products,,,having owned a lot of them!,,,I think the bad case,,,maybe a over site,,,I don't think all of his cases has flaws,,,or even a certain percentage of his cases has flaws,,(crooked dials and one damaged case),For the most part,,,probably a flook accident ! Luck of the draw! It happens every time you ordered a rep,,!
Keep in mind guys this man takes frequent trips over seas ,,,to over see these projects,,,such as the KH dial,cases,bracelets,inserts,,,hence why the late responses ,,,And that's why I don't get in a hurry when dealing with TC,,,his blog plainly states and stresses this! Don't get in a hurry,,,only one man putting all these orders together plus traveling constantly,,I couldn't even imagin doing what he does! Wow!,,Now I understand ,,,that's it up setting to receive a damaged case,,,and it should be delt with ASAP!

But you got to see on both sides of the fence!,,,,Imagin you are a dealer,vender or what ever,,,and you was a stand up guy! But you made some over sites,,,and didn't know it,,,then you take a trip,,,or leave to deal with biz ness,,,then come back to see some one complained about your service!,,,and a bunch bashed you,,Would you be upset,?,,not having the chance to even make it right?
Just keep in mind guys he is one man,,,!
I think we should give the man a chance to make it right!,,,Let's see what happens?
Keep in mind guy's if it wasn't for TC,,,we wouldn't even have these cases! That we enjoy so much!
I think TC will come through,,,he has every time i have delt with him,,,I don't think he will treat anybody any different!
I don't think he is going to risk his rep on a few crooked dials and a damaged case,,after all his time and effort bringing us these great offering's
All I'm saying is give it some more time,,,,,I know it's hard after paying $600 for a rep,,,but it's all part of the game!,,Everyone here knows ,,,in order to get a good rep,,,sometimes you have to wait longer than you want to!,,,But the reward is sweet,,Time will tell....'

dredd0606

11/2/12
911, I understand wanting to save a few bucks by getting the watch shipped directly to ssteel, but you need to realize there is a certain risk in doing so. Now I'm not saying that the dent was ssteels fault, but I gotta side with tc on this one. This should be chalked up to a learning experience for all, do not ship watches directly to third parties, and watch smiths / modders, do not accept watches from anyone but your customer!

Tbh, I very nearly made this mistake myself, but a very well respected modder was very kind and told me he would not accept it from anyone but me n case it arrived damaged and f finger pointing ensued.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
911, I understand wanting to save a few bucks by getting the watch shipped directly to ssteel, but you need to realize there is a certain risk in doing so. Now I'm not saying that the dent was ssteels fault, but I gotta side with tc on this one. This should be chalked up to a learning experience for all, do not ship watches directly to third parties, and watch smiths / modders, do not accept watches from anyone but your customer!

Tbh, I very nearly made this mistake myself, but a very well respected modder was very kind and told me he would not accept it from anyone but me n case it arrived damaged and f finger pointing ensued.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Fair enough. That mistake cost me for sure. I'd like to just get a personal response from TC. It is the least he could do. SSTEEL work on the watch and performed excellent work. I think TC's thread is bs as a reply to this. Just shows everyone how stuck up he is.

SSTEEL started work much later than arrival because he was working on other things/watches and I had a very long deadline. His completed work on the watch is gravy.

Sent from my sub using helium

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I am posting this here as I too would like a response from Thomas.

Hi Edward/Thomas,

I opened the package from TC on the 15th of January.

The bezel assembly was removed for the first time the next day on the 16th of January, this was to fit Edwards genuine insert.

During the above times, I felt no reason to inspect or suspect anything wrong with the case as it was from TC, and never had issues before, so why now, right?

This photo, the damage can be seen now we know its there, but at the time this was missed due to assuming the case was fine as it was from a trusted source. Photo also taken on the 16th of January.

11978986994_1a436fec4d_b.jpg

Water Resistance test was not until the 28th of January. It failed around 12oclock area.

12187840585_fc991719f2_b.jpg

Damage discovered on the 28th of January after removing the bezel assembly again, this time looking closely where it failed the WR test, and only at this point, the damage was noticed, where it has been missed before/earlier due to assuming its from TC, so should be fine.

12189515714_358d3957f3_b.jpg

Regards

Micky

Hope the photo links work, if not, I will add them again.

I have nothing to hide, and nothing to gain, I just want Thomas to do the right thing and get back to me on a professional basis and address this issue.

Erock1

20/3/13
Glad to hear both sides of the story, thanks TC. However you're inclusion and highly negative inferences to SSteel are wholly uncalled for and IMO, only diluted what was needed in your "Fact vs. Rumor" airing.

I own a TC V5 and think it's amazing, the best rep I have owned to date, well to be fair my Ult V. Santos 100 is just as good. But I'm very pleased with it. I own 2 gen rollies and think my TC is almost as good. sorry, can't and won't say, "just as good." However, it did come with a scratched bracelet clasp fitment because the clasp itself is very tight causing it to scratch when being opened & closed. Also, on arrival, the movt was running very fast. The timegraph looked like my tread-mill's display when doing my "mountain" workout, but it was a solid, straight and steady line climbing up, showing a strong, solid movt. Was I annoyed after paying $500+, yes, but at the end of the day as others have said, it's a rep, not gen and $500 isn't $5,000. I decided these 2 items were minor and could be lived with. Besides, I read TC's pre-purchase disclaimer in it's entirety :calm:

While I've only been a member of this forum's community since March 2013 and I'm not active here, I mainly read and have learned a lot from others here ( thanks!). I am a satisfied TC sub owner and own many other reps, mostly of the higher quality. I have no axe to grind and no sides to take. With that said, I think TC's inclusion and his inferences with regard to SSteel aren't called for at all.

I've read TC's blog on this "Fact vs Rumor" business which by the way has no mention of the entire 911flyer episode or any mention of SSteel. At least it didn't yesterday. I've also read his thread on it on RG too. Funny, not a mention frtom TC on RWG. But I've also followed most all of TC feedback threads on these forums too and I have not read SSteel outing TC. Yes, SSteel has said " disappointing" but no outting, nothing harsh. Fact is I've read some pretty negative reviews and comments ( not all that many compared to the raves) on TC's V6 subs by a number of other forum members, but not SSteel.

As others members have posted, SSteel has always been top contributor to our hobby in all the forums and a top guy too always offering to assist a fellow member in need most of the time at no cost either.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Disappointed, it was clear Thomas was viewing this thread earlier, and I was hoping he was writing a reply, but alas he is offline now, and no response. Shame.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Ssteel I'm a noob can you show exactly what is wrong at the 12 position w the case in the first picture. I just dont see the weak spot bc I am not keen on spotting it.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Ssteel I'm a noob can you show exactly what is wrong at the 12 position w the case in the first picture. I just dont see the weak spot bc I am not keen on spotting it.

12385355925_85c81400df_b.jpg

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
It's obvious the case was dropped at some point either before or during original assembly or later when it was being worked on. I guess there's no way to know for sure at this point who's responsible. Both parties saying "not my fault".

Fortunately, it seems like it's in a place that it won't be seen when assembled and a little work with a file would allow it to be water proofed again, I would think.

tc670207

Known Member
14/11/11

Jan 28, 2014. This freaking dent at 11 o'clock is so obviously BIG anyone could see it without the crystal on. Pls note "WHILE CRYSTAL IS ON THE CASE, IT SHOULD MAKE IMPERFECTIONS ON REHAUT RIM EVEN EASIER TO SPOT."
steel-20140128-01_zps5752a4a3.jpg

Jan 15, 2014. Before you tempering with my work. NO DENT or whatsoever on the rehaut rim.
steel-20140115-01_zps02e27090.jpg

NO DENT.
steel-20140115-02_zps5f9a8d1d.jpg

STILL NO DENT.
steel-20140115-03_zpsed4f72e1.jpg

Jan 16, 2014. Just before you tempered with my work. NO DENT.
steel-20140116-01_zpsa819c96c.jpg

Before you removed TC bezel assembly. Still NO DENT.
steel-20140116-02_zpsf3df298d.jpg

After you removed TC bezel assembly. THIS IS WHERE I SUSPECT DAMAGE WAS CAUSED. BUT, there is no sign of it in your picture.
steel-20140116-03_zps1e3ab4c0.jpg

Now, in the middle of your modding for 911flyer, THIS FREAKING DENT SHOWED UP. WHAT HAPPENED???
steel-20140116-04_zps98a973a1.jpg

D

d4m.test

Lmao. Damn. Nice detective work there TC.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

MikeTex

12/6/13
All I know is that I am looking forward to getting my Sub from TC and I am confident it will live up to the expectations that led me to order it from him in the first place. As someone else said and I posted on another thread, I think some are just not cut out for the rep world. They want gen specs for rep prices. Not the way it works. Others cannot leave well enough alone and have to tinker and fiddle with stuff that is not broke. If you do, don't complain if something goes wrong.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Well thanks tc. That pretty much sums it up for me. Evidence supports tc.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Can you please read, and reply/address my earlier proof the dent was present on the outer edge when I took the photo on the 15/16th of January?

Thomas, why are you looking at the completely different side of where the dent is? The dent cannot be seen from the side of the dial as the dent is the outer edge, NOT the inner rehaut edge! Thats why you cannot see it in your photo below, because the dent is the other side.

steel-20140116-03_zps1e3ab4c0.jpg

You again are behaving in such an unprofessional manner, and out to bad mouth me, and discrediting my good name, and feedback, why? What have I done to deserve this? All I did was report my findings. Again, as mentioned earlier, I had no reason to doubt the quality of the case, and simply missed it as I made the mistake of assuming all is well, its a tc case, so should be fine, but I was wrong.

I am the one who discovered the dent on the outer edge AFTER closer inspection due to the WR failure, which I wrote about above which I also emailed you.

Still no apology, just insults, and bad mouthing me, so I ask again, why? This case has been dropped on a hard floor, thats the only explanation I can think of, and no, I did not cause it, my bench has a protection covering, and my floor is of a similar covering, not hard flooring.

Why don't you do yourself a favour Thomas, and instead of acting like a child, man up, and admit, this case slipped through the net, period.

There is no way this dent was caused removing the bezel assembly. I have removed LOTS of bezels over the last year, all without incident.

Please accept this damaged case back for a replacement as I replaced this damaged case with my own case from my very own TC V5 sub due to the complete lack of professionalism and email response to address the matter.

You disappoint me Thomas, and you are making this whole situation far worse than it already is.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Correct, thats why I initially missed it I guess. It was only upon closer inspection following the assembled case failing my water resistance test (bubbles from 12 o'clock area), upon removing the bezel, again, and the crystal/gasket, and looking closer at that area I spotted and thought I would let you know right away, but you never responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.