• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC or Sean case for a Franken 16610?

fredfree

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/12
So bezels aside who has the most accurate case to Gen TC or Sean? Will a Sean take a 3135?

Sean takes the 3135 or eta 2892-a2
2824 also possible but better not
because of stem height. Only the Sean case is 100% spot on in terms of crown height with the Gen.
Since it does not make any sense to put a gen movement in a fake case, the only choice is to put a 3135 clone that has to be bought together with a full watch, this movement, as I know it, is still not available as a spare part.

Sent.

Dan_189

Known Member
1/7/12
So go with the TC case for value and the Sean case for accuracy? Does the Sean take a Gen crystal and Gen bezel kit? I'm just after the most accurate case.

Thanks!

So go with the TC case for value and the Sean case for accuracy? Does the Sean take a Gen crystal and Gen bezel kit? I'm just after the most accurate case. Can you buy the Sean case alone?

Thanks!

SecretAgentMan

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/12
Does the person that sells the Sean case build subs? Or is this a site that sell rep parts?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I think about $450. I have one and it's pretty incredible. Going to be either another two tone or an LV.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
YES..It is more compared to the gen than anything you know

Dan_189

Known Member
1/7/12
Why is it that on the Sean site it says his case can take a 3035 and a 3135 :s which one does it fit, it can't fit both. Looks like I might sell my TC then!

SecretAgentMan

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/12
Are you looking to fool a jeweler or AD? Because paying $450 just for a case is nuts..........jmo tho.

My question is, why doesnt Sean sell his own 16610's? They say he does but it seems the only people that sell a 16610 with a Sean case are modders..........or am I missing something?

Dan_189

Known Member
1/7/12
Not looking to fool anyone but I would like the most accurate case :) when I first came here I thought anything over $50 for a rep watch was insanity... Ohh how that's changed :(
As for fooling an AD is the Sean case that good?

We are talking the case right? I've got a genuine bezel and insert if I put it on a TC will it be as good as the Sean case? Will Sean case take a Gen crystal?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Sean's case takes gen everything, that's why it's so good. you get everything but the movement with his case. And the mounting ring for the movement.

Dan_189

Known Member
1/7/12
Damn, now I'm torn. I've ordered the TC its on its way, I've got a Gen bezel and insert for it. I've yet to source a crystal retainer and now I'm considering the Sean arghhh! Advice? I'm after the best case

Ohh and I'm trying to build a Z serial sub if that makes a difference (so it has the updated dial and updated crown)

Thanks!

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
If TC's is on the way, just go with it. It's not like it's a bad case, it's very good and you'll be happy with it. Next watch go Sean's case. There's always one around the corner.....

Dan_189

Known Member
1/7/12
I agree, but part of me just wants to do this once and do it with the best parts. Sourcing parts has consumed me!

And I don't feel like doing it again any time soon! Haha

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Both will accomplish the task and take all gen parts

The TC case is great, I would not do a franken on it if it was not for the new v3 strap. The v3 strap really makes the package because that was the one thing that bugged me, I had noobs with better SEL fit and now the SEL fit is amazing. The sean case lug width is slightly narrower and that great SEL fit could be more readily achieved.

Dan_189

Known Member
1/7/12
So we are talking very minor differences at this level? What about Sean vs TC rehaut depth compared to Gen? So is a TC with a Gen bezel near identical to a Sean case or does the Sean win over the TC?

SecretAgentMan

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/12
^^^^^^^

LMAO........dude, go buy a gen on ebay for $5,000.

Either way you go, it seems you will have the magnifier out looking for a mistake.