• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strap Freaks!!!

Andrey_PAM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/22
UA
What's 'wrong' with the straps from your pov? Personally I'm not a huge fan of leather straps at the moment and imo canvas fits pams very well :)
It's your choice, of course, but it looks torn. I guess it costs $10 no more.
I would immediately throw this one in the trash bin))
But of course it's up to you to decide😉.

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
What's 'wrong' with the straps from your pov? Personally I'm not a huge fan of leather straps at the moment and imo canvas fits pams very well :)
I am sure he did not mean that canvas doesn’t look good on Pams, it’s just that those canvas straps that you posted are not very well made. Please take a look at canvas straps from Bosphorus, Xamlam or Anatolia and I am sure you will spot differences.

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I am sure he did not mean that canvas doesn’t look good on Pams, it’s just that those canvas straps that you posted are not very well made. Please take a look at canvas straps from Bosphorus, Xamlam or Anatolia and I am sure you will spot differences.
Yeah I understand, l only have canvas' from Dr Phil and Bosphorous but still, the difference is noticable.

On wrist the strap doesn't looks bad so I won't bin those :p, just use it less often

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Thanks to our good friend Wound Up, I now have this beauty! Tiger Straps

zgr0lt.jpg

zgrFJ5.jpg

zgrSWF.jpg

red_loon

15/9/21
What brand do you all recommend for leather straps at a good value? I've used Barton before, but I am looking to expand my horizons.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
What brand do you all recommend for leather straps at a good value? I've used Barton before, but I am looking to expand my horizons.
You have to be a little more specific. What does good value mean to you? Which watch will this strap be for?

red_loon

15/9/21
You have to be a little more specific. What does good value mean to you? Which watch will this strap be for?
Something that is a good bang for your buck but isn't immediately recognized as cheap when someone looks at it. As for the second question, because I like to switch between straps all the time, one strap could be on a $2000 watch or a $100 watch.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Something that is a good bang for your buck but isn't immediately recognized as cheap when someone looks at it. As for the second question, because I like to switch between straps all the time, one strap could be on a $2000 watch or a $100 watch.
Yeah, we all get that strap changing is fun :)
But is it supposed to be for Panerai watches at least?

aus_wolfie

Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Great having found this thread and finding the few hours time to read through all 41 pages

...so this is really the Pan Strap Freaks thread right? :);)

aus_wolfie

Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
grew a little tired of all the folded, rivet, solid etc so decided to experiment with two Gunny - Dakkar & Le Mans Racer

aus_wolfie

Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
Yeah I understand, l only have canvas' from Dr Phil and Bosphorous but still, the difference is noticable.

On wrist the strap doesn't looks bad so I won't bin those :p, just use it less often

Your canvas was still far superior to many of mine and I was kinda happy with my rough canvas NATO's on my military watches but once you know where to go looking there really is so much better out there - distressed included

Last edited:

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Your canvas was still far superior to many of mine and I was kinda happy with my rough canvas NATO's on my military watches but once you know where to go looking there really is so much better out there - distressed included

Just a reminder. this thread is in the PANERAI section mate ;)

aus_wolfie

Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
aha that explains a lot - its under the panerai umbrella! - which I had not in fact noticed despite 41 pages of Pam strap shots :unsure: thanks for pointing out my folly

PS you can have a mod delete so as not to destroy the flavour of this thread 👌

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
No new straps to share... but who else goes on a strap changing session only to put the original combos back together?