• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sonic Factory RM35-01 NTPT

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Just saw this one posted on TrustyTime, says RMX factory, is that the maker of that red RM 35-02 in the past which had fogging issues? Nevertheless interested to see how it compares to Sonic

the price is 8K USD?

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
It may say RMX, but it's the Sonic, they have the same misaligned rib paint I show in post 89.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It may say RMX, but it's the Sonic, they have the same misaligned rib paint I show in post 89.
Case doesn’t look like it. Sonic has the same model that was already released a while ago. Maybe this new one and sonic are sharing the same suppliers for the movement / cage. But the case on this new one looks like a flashback to 2016 KVF days.

Reactions: KRS3

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
This RXMF is like $250 cheaper than Sonic, so I highly doubt it’s of the same quality.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Case doesn’t look like it. Sonic has the same model that was already released a while ago. Maybe this new one and sonic are sharing the same suppliers for the movement / cage. But the case on this new one looks like a flashback to 2016 KVF days.
Good eye, I see the difference now.

Last edited:

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
@VenomGT3 congratulations on an amazing looking watch, I'd say enjoy it but it definitely looks like you are ;).

Thanks for sharing the images, videos and all the updates. Can you tell me if you can see the gears move when winding it? I've looked at the videos on various dealers sites but can't find one of it being wound.

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
I will say, however, the only problem is the inside of the caseback is pure black - no NTPT pattern, which is a bit disappointing given the pattern and overall quality of the case in all other areas. The white one (as per @VenomGT3’s pictures) does in fact have the internal pattern behind the movement.

Yes I noticed this also which is a shame for the black carbon model as this is the one I'd probably get.

I've been looking at images and can see that the case back does have the carbon pattern on both sides as it is visible on the parts that protrude from the case sides. It looks like the pattern continues under the case sides so not sure why this isn't visible behind the movement. It would be interesting to remove the case back and see.

I've circled the section I'm referring to:

3x90vE.png

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Some decent looking RM velcro straps available here

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
@VenomGT3 could you pls post a video of the sonic clasp? And how it opens. Would appreciate it!

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Does the misaligned rib paint on this and the Sonic bother anyone else?