• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sonic Factory RM35-01 NTPT

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
So this looks really nice, but pricey. I guess Sonic is a new factory or modder?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
There's also an RM35 (pics of the -02 but the writeup mentions an -01) up on biao6688 from T+ Factory that has a much different movement. Never heard of them at all, no price yet and it looks like it was just posted today:

Looks like there's a new bridge behind the balance, pallet fork, and escape wheel, maybe added to bulk up those attachment points and eliminate some of the problems of the original "clone" movements. Deco is MARKEDLY different, especially between 5 and 7:00 on the bottom of the dial.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
There's also an RM35 (pics of the -02 but the writeup mentions an -01) up on biao6688 from T+ Factory that has a much different movement. Never heard of them at all, no price yet and it looks like it was just posted today:

Looks like there's a new bridge behind the balance, pallet fork, and escape wheel, maybe added to bulk up those attachment points and eliminate some of the problems of the original "clone" movements. Deco is MARKEDLY different, especially between 5 and 7:00 on the bottom of the dial.
Probably because it uses a rotor. Miyota rotor bridge plates are almost the size of the movt.

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
@Stuvetjee I think you're right, looking at pics of the auto bridge of a 6T15 the cutouts look super similar and it looks like they needed a place to screw the pallet bridge to as well.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
You guys still talking about that white/blue strap I posted or the T+ factory? 😂

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Lol our bad, that got a bit derailed! White carbon looks better than some of the others I've seen, and I've heard from some people that they're more reliable than the BBR, at least as far as we can tell in the short time since it's been out.

Reactions: VenomGT3

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Lol our bad, that got a bit derailed! White carbon looks better than some of the others I've seen, and I've heard from some people that they're more reliable than the BBR, at least as far as we can tell in the short time since it's been out.
Awesome! I had a bad experience with an RMF RM061 with that clone movement so hopefully these from SONIC are reliable. I mean it's expensive as fuk, but I really like the look of it. 13.5mm thickness too.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Gears looks nice, and close to Gen colour, gears BBR is a bit strange

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Sonic's front bezel profile looks good, similar to ZF's V4, but angle of the two downward to the left decoration marks is noticeably incorrect.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
i think this sonic is overpriced, doesn’t make sense it’s even more expensive than the real tourbillions

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
i think this sonic is overpriced, doesn’t make sense it’s even more expensive than the real tourbillions
I agree. It’s over $1200 for an RM35-01. It does look great though.

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
The ZF V4 is $770 though and this looks like a step up. Probably should’ve been priced around $930 max