• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So you want a Yacht Master - TC, Clean, ARF, Noob, BP, Custom, and VSF

scooter44

Getting To Know The Place
12/9/22
In the side view you can see that the housing shape of the ARF is wrong! Also the crown protection is not correct! Clean has done both better. CF's Yachtmaster feels like you've got the gene on your arm!

Reactions: SHAIQUL18

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
someone who has a noob, have you also noticed that the sapphire crystal is opaque? or I'm obsessed, this came to me yesterday, that glass .........:(

Reactions: SHAIQUL18

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
I do not understand if it is the dial that makes the glass opaque for me, so I would like an opinion from those who have the noob

kojak008

Known Member
21/6/20
if it can be useful to anyone, yesterday i got to compare my live noob with a gens
I am not a picky type and I did the comparison without magnifying glasses ...
I looked at the glass very well and I saw that even the glass of the gen is the same they look opaque ....... but it is not the glass it is the dial that makes them so
conclusion
the noob is perfect, very well done

Reactions: chentepilot

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Hello there, so here is the comparison. Unfortunately my light for better photos died, so you have to take what you get :/
In my opinion…the TomRep Mod is very good…BUT Not neccessary anymore. I talked with TomRep about it and he said, the Clean Factory YM Bezels are damn good. In his opinion you can see the difference under a microscope and also the „warm Colour tone“ is better with his mod. If you take a real close Look with the right sunlight you can maybe see a difference…but I couldn‘t.

Everybody who has a TomRep Mod or wears the watch often and the bezel needs a new fresh Colour, you can be sure to have the Genlike Colour with TomRep, because he even put‘s back the Colour for Gen Bezels. But as I said, in my opinion the new CF YM OOTB doesn‘t need a Mod anymore, they’ve really Improved the bezel.

Hope this helps a bit, take care, cheers
Thanks for this. I'm still waiting for my CF (seems to be a delivery error with the courier), but I was close to pre-booking a Tomrep mod. After looking at this it might be as good out of the box.

I had a M2M noob ETA with a Tomrep mod and it was amazing. Nice to see there's little difference between the two here. In fact, the last photo I hadn't scrolled down enough and initially had picked the two watches the wrong way around.

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Supporter
Certified
18/11/13
TC probably made the best OOTB 5-digit. But, being that the case was made for 2824, there will be challenges if you want to frankenize with a gen dial, hands and a rep 3135 movement.

TC 16610 and TC YM

I’ll be more than glad to keep it as it is! Won’t give up with hope, if Leo’s has got his Oscar… I’ll definitely get my TC 😀

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Clean is another category entirely. Ewf is a budget version.

Reactions: scooter44

CaptainRep

26/7/20
I know EWF is not part of this discussion and I hope OP won't take a grudge on me for this, but since this thread is a great reference for anyone researching Yachtmasters I'd like to just include some pics of the EWF for comparison. There may be noobs looking for a YM and unsure if pulling the trigger or not, or even those who simply want to know if the YM suits them before getting the real deal or a higher end rep, the EWF is a budget version for 200$ less than the clean, for instance (to be fair, you can get a BP for even less now at CT). I think that, aesthetically, it's even a more than decent rep. Some may dislike the hue of the blue color, but overall, for the eyes only, it's really good bang for bucks imo.

Really appreciate you post the EWF pictures. I've heard about this model last year and was very tempted to get one. Given its price, the EWF is definitely a great contender with the CF. I do like dial, the bezel, and the case. The dial printing and rehaut engraving look really good as well. In my case, I was really keen on getting the blue of dial to match with the blue second hand. But, for others, if this blue matching is not important, EWF sure looks like a winner.

Reactions: scooter44 and Feefo

CaptainRep

26/7/20
Thats a good point with the wearing the YM very often and over years: Do

Good point: Do the colour of the rep bezels significant changing after wearing over years? Maybe I m wrong but I saw Gen vintage YM with darker coloured platin bezels.

I don't know about bezel that had been treated with TomRep, but on my ARF, the bezel color seemed to stay the same after a few years of ownership.

CaptainRep

26/7/20
Alright, the final part of the comparison. Movement.

Both ARF and Noob use the movement from the A2824 family.

The CF uses the VR.

I have massacred many movements from the 2824 family (2824, 2836, 2846, 2842...ETA and Sellita) and I do agree that they are super reliable and easy to service. However, I still recommend going with the 3xxx clone as this will serve as a good foundation if you want to franken.

As far as what 3xxx clone to buy, VS would be my choice and VR would be close second. Here are some comparisons that I did between all of the 3135 clones:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/p7omhv https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/pc2td5

CaptainRep

26/7/20
Finally, the end of this comparison.

If you look over everything about the three factories, CF was the top choice for me because of the blue matching between the dial text and the second hand, the bezel, and the VR movement.

Note that I did not cover the bracelet, the crystal, or the date wheel as none of those matter to me....which really let me end this comparison with one simple note: None of these reps are perfect. You just have to choose what matter to you most and go with that.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Thanks @CaptainRep for such a great comparison of the different models. Certainly is good for YM enthusiasts and a great way to become familiar with what's on the market.

scooter44

12/9/22
@CaptainRep By the way, earlier (2002) the Yachtmaster had a different crown guard and the lugs on the bracelet were also different.I am very satisfied with my CF Yachtmaster. You can't really see any difference to the gen.

Rantanplan

31/1/22
Finally, the end of this comparison.

If you look over everything about the three factories, CF was the top choice for me because of the blue matching between the dial text and the second hand, the bezel, and the VR movement.

Note that I did not cover the bracelet, the crystal, or the date wheel as none of those matter to me....which really let me end this comparison with one simple note: None of these reps are perfect. You just have to choose what matter to you most and go with that.

Amen !

Tobel

Respected Member
6/7/17
@CaptainRep By the way, earlier (2002) the Yachtmaster had a different crown guard and the lugs on the bracelet were also different.I am very satisfied with my CF Yachtmaster. You can't really see any difference to the gen.

Yes, like submariners and GMTs, yachtmasters have evolved in that period of time from 5 digit 16622 (in your pic) to 6 digits 116622 then to the current 126622

Ivancomex

26/11/15
Has anyone noticed that the CF case has funnel-shaped rehauts like the AAA replicas?
further added, maybe there is a difference between Arf eta and Arf with a clone produced for a short time?
I own ARF clone 3135 and I honestly don't see all these defects, in particular small dial indices….

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
further added, maybe there is a difference between Arf eta and Arf with a clone produced for a short time?
I own ARF clone 3135 and I honestly don't see all these defects, in particular small dial indices….
ARF having small dial indices is fake news (sorry to invoke this term)--ARF yachties are created from/mirror the Gen 116622 dial. When rolex intro'd the 126622 dial/movement (2019), in addition to adding the corona between 'swiss' and 'made' at 6oclock it also changed to slightly larger dial indices (little talked about in rep or Gen forums..along with the subtle change to color and text of the red 'yachtmaster' on the blue dial version...126622 has slightly muted/darker red text, as well as white text 'superlative chronometer..." therebelow).

Below is a link to chrono24 with photos of many gen 116622s for sale where you can note dial indices' size are spot-on with ARF dials. i personally prefer the balance of the 116622 dial's original size hour indices (and brighter red 'yachtmaster text'/white text below) but completely personal preference.

The 2nd link below details the updated model, not noting the aforementioned but in which you can see a picture at bottom comparing the blue dial 116622 and 126622 differences (red text/white text on dial is obvious, dial indices not as obvious..note the distances between tip of hour hand at 10'oclock to the dial indice in each..

En fin/cheers,

zAkkwJ.png