• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So you want a Yacht Master - TC, Clean, ARF, Noob, BP, Custom, and VSF

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
The GMT and YM (while similar) are different. And the GMT reps are so caked with grease, it’s insane. Remove the grease and it’s a different animal.

The YM I’ve not seen have that level of grease.

the_new_guy117117

Getting To Know The Place
1/5/20
The GMT and YM (while similar) are different. And the GMT reps are so caked with grease, it’s insane. Remove the grease and it’s a different animal.

The YM I’ve not seen have that level of grease.
Thanks for your thoughts. Would you say that the most YM bezels actions are all the same?

Also, love your profile photo :)

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Thnx, and impossible for all the reps to feel the same, the all vary in finish and fit (and grease amount), the GENs are all the same (Ref to Ref) in my hands.

Gen always feels gen. Reps are all Ofer the place but like running through 2 foot of mud. If that makes sense.

Reactions: Valaj

CaptainRep

26/7/20
Hey guys, thank you for holding down the fort and answer the many questions raised in this post.

I've been side-tracked with the 5 digit builds for the past months and not really paying much attention to the 6 digit Rolex.

Anyway, got this newly released VSF YM.

Reactions: Valaj and scooter44

CaptainRep

26/7/20
Here it is, next to the CF.

I know a few folks had been asking a comparison between CF and VSF.

These are two different models, of course. But, we can still look at the case shape, hands (my biggest pet peeve), crystal, bezel, and movement.

Take quite an effort to get the pictures and do a meaningful comparison, so I'll do it if there's enough interest. If not, I think this picture here should give you some ideas.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Thanks @CaptainRep
In short, what’s your verdict? As a huge YM fan I started thinking about the VSF but decided the differences look so small either way that I shouldn’t worry about it unless I want a different variant like you’ve bought.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I've been side-tracked with the 5 digit builds for the past months and not really paying much attention to the 6 digit Rolex.
5 digit yachtmasters have their charm. Especially the 16622 "platinum" dial with green luminova!

a27

8/6/23
Spain
Here it is, next to the CF.

I know a few folks had been asking a comparison between CF and VSF.

These are two different models, of course. But, we can still look at the case shape, hands (my biggest pet peeve), crystal, bezel, and movement.

Take quite an effort to get the pictures and do a meaningful comparison, so I'll do it if there's enough interest. If not, I think this picture here should give you some ideas.

Thanks for the picture, very interested in the comparison.

Teknique

23/5/22
That depends on who you are, the relationship you have with the authorizes dealer, and how long you're willing to wait. 😉
:rolleyes: any TD selling the platinum back currently? Doesn't look like you can find anywhere at the moment, from the first page it looked like there were multiple options...including CF

Swordfishwatch

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/7/23
Scotland
Hi everyone, I have attached photos of my yacht master rhodium 116622 ARF with tomrep upgrades

blue hand upgrade , braclet and case gen finish , premium bezel mod.Watch is 2 years old, do u think the CF OOTB looks more gen than my watch? https://imgur.com/a/ll0EVWD I'm in 2 minds to buy CF rep soon